2024 Recruiting Thread

I don't expect to be loved by everyone or in everyone's fandom. . . Don't care if someone loves me, hates me, fears me,,,I only care if someone has NO feelings towards me..,It is only then, that I have not left an impression.

One of the more narcissistic things you’ve ever said

One of the more narcissistic things you’ve ever said
Look, 09, you don't know me and you post like you "know Coach K personally".
If you do and she has taken the time to point me out, it only acknowledges that I am in her sights.
If you don't you are speaking out of assumption,,,Assume,,,;o)

I will have to ignore you to keep from getting in trouble with the moderator.
Please keep me out of your negative conversations and stop following me just to antagonize me.
Otherwise you may be walking very close to something this site frowns upon.

I am trying to get this thread back onto its OP subject matter
thank you

Look, 09, you don't know me and you post like you "know Coach K personally".
If you do and she has taken the time to point me out, it only acknowledges that I am in her sights.
If you don't you are speaking out of assumption,,,Assume,,,;o)

I will have to ignore you to keep from getting in trouble with the moderator.
Please keep me out of your negative conversations and stop following me just to antagonize me.
Otherwise you may be walking very close to something this site frowns upon.

I am trying to get this thread back onto its OP subject matter
thank you

You’re antagonizing yourself and simultaneously proving my point. Cool off bud.

i doubt Madi's shooting style is the reason Harper hasn't offered yet. I'd bet she is waiting to see if Madi can play defense at the level Harper wants. And rebounding skills, even for guards, is very important to her.

LadyVols_WBK said:
2024 Recruiting

Visited
Jaloni Cambridge (2)
Joyce Edwards (1)
Blanca Thomas (6)
Olivia Olson (3)
Imari Berry

Have not visited
Taliyah Parker (7)
Ava Grace Watson (15)
Tahj Monet-Bloom (22)
Kendall Dudley
Jordan Lee
Mikayla Blakes

Interests (don’t have offers yet)
Kate Koval
Sarah Strong
Ella Hobbs(visited)
This ESPN article would indicate to me that Koval has an offer and she will be a great get for whoever ends up getting her. "Koval has created quite the buzz among recruiters from high school play and now into club basketball. As size is a premium, skilled size is highly sought after -- so much so that she already boasts offers from Tennessee, South Carolina, Oregon, Louisville, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, NC State, Miami and Maryland.
Which women's basketball recruits increased their prospect rankings?

This ESPN article would indicate to me that Koval has an offer and she will be a great get for whoever ends up getting her. "Koval has created quite the buzz among recruiters from high school play and now into club basketball. As size is a premium, skilled size is highly sought after -- so much so that she already boasts offers from Tennessee, South Carolina, Oregon, Louisville, Ohio State, Vanderbilt, NC State, Miami and Maryland.
@LadyVols_WBK can you update your list.
Thanks ;o)

Waiting on Lady Vol : But this is what changes I see in 24!

A lot of changes but top 3 remain the same !
Joyce Edwards, Jaloni Cambridge, Olivia Olson.

Players of interest but not ranked before:
#4 Kendall Dudley 6’1” wing Va.
#5 Sarah Strong. 6’2” Forward NC.
#38 Imari Berry 5’10” Guard Tn. ( visits & offer)

Moving up:
Jordan Lee 6’3” Forward Ca. (Offer) (#31- 14)

Moving down :
Blanca Thomas 6’5” P Nc. ( visit & offer)(#6-10)
Mikayla Blakes 6’0” G Nj. (Offer) (#12-16)

I don’t consider these two as REALLY CHANGING. Still top 10 & top 20 !

Ava Watson. 5’7” Pg. Ga. (Offer) (#15- 41)
Ella Hobbs 6’3” F. Nc. (Visit). (#16- 40)

We all have opinions on rankings and can see our own ( Key….Rae…Tess….Walker,…Myles)
Can become ! Interesting that our coaches have these recruits visiting and making offers BEFORE they get ranked ! Just Saying….

Waiting on Lady Vol : But this is what changes I see in 24!

A lot of changes but top 3 remain the same !
Joyce Edwards, Jaloni Cambridge, Olivia Olson.

Players of interest but not ranked before:
#4 Kendall Dudley 6’1” wing Va.
#5 Sarah Strong. 6’2” Forward NC.
#38 Imari Berry 5’10” Guard Tn. ( visits & offer)

Moving up:
Jordan Lee 6’3” Forward Ca. (Offer) (#31- 14)

Moving down :
Blanca Thomas 6’5” P Nc. ( visit & offer)(#6-10)
Mikayla Blakes 6’0” G Nj. (Offer) (#12-16)

I don’t consider these two as REALLY CHANGING. Still top 10 & top 20 !

Ava Watson. 5’7” Pg. Ga. (Offer) (#15- 41)
Ella Hobbs 6’3” F. Nc. (Visit). (#16- 40)

We all have opinions on rankings and can see our own ( Key….Rae…Tess….Walker,…Myles)
Can become ! Interesting that our coaches have these recruits visiting and making offers BEFORE they get ranked ! Just Saying….

Attachments

• AAEAEAE4-3BA6-4F2E-9C65-D81EDB9B66B3.jpeg
    AAEAEAE4-3BA6-4F2E-9C65-D81EDB9B66B3.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 41

I have no idea how our coaches choose how to evaluate recruits. And sense my travel to these recruits is limited. I have to consider any information I can find ! This forum talks about recruits and their visits , offers , and rankings , etc. I enjoy making lists and comments about who we are interested in and reading about these recruits. Thanks for bringing in coach Sam’s comments. 👍

The attachments says a lot.....If the prospect has the talent, by what this staff deems as talent, she will get an offer from the LVs.

I'm hopeful that "The Hawk" passes their eye test and they offer her, and she accepts that offer....I put a great deal of value in a player being a basketball player first, instead of an athlete....

Madi is one hell of a fine shooter...Any team that can put 5 legitimate scorers on the court at the same time for a season, will be a national contender.

An over zealous referee can destroy the greatest defensive effort, but no referee, that blows an accusatory whistle, can stop a deadly 3 ball shooter.

Keep shooting Madi....
FSV5eDbXwAIZElu.jpg

2FA46300-36A4-4347-8E1C-168FB96DFD34.jpeg20DB10C0-1EC4-4546-AEFA-6F48F7253336.jpeg27B5FD98-FFA5-4D1F-ABFF-9A7552158B8A.jpeg843A21EA-0900-4E71-83B4-1A6F024AC649.jpeg457C5614-90D4-46D8-A67F-B596661AE82D.jpeg1AA61E54-3B33-4F53-9B4E-5185B02881A3.jpeg
Hawk is being recruited as a wing player, so here is a stats comparison of her sophomore season vs. Justine’s. Remember Justine’s SO campaign was derailed by COVID toward the end. At the same point in their career Justine was shooting 38% from long range with twice as many makes.

Hawk shot 26% from deep and 36% from the floor compared to 38% and 42% respectively for Justine. Justine also has her by about 6-7” in height and can play multiple positions on both ends of the floor. That’s what this staff is after.

Last edited:
I don't understand why all the nit pickyness on HAWK?
She is still young and will improve in all these areas I'm sure seeing how much time she spends in the gym. Sometimes you can watch a kid say in HS (and for whatever reason: coaching, system etc) they don't always play to their potential, then you go watch them on the circuit and they look like an entirely different kid.
HAWK has shot 60% from 3 while playing on the circuit this season.
Is the kid perfect NO but I do know she can BALL. If TN doesn't want her so be it, she WILL get recruited elsewhere I guarantee you that. She still has 2 years left in HS lots of time to improve on weaknesses.
I love the kid but im partial to HOMETOWN kids, i would love to see her play at TN, you don't have to agree!!!

She is ranked #13 by bluestar, that means she went to Tampa and played against the top ranked kids that are on espn list and came out #13. That is a big event in girls babasketball
Every write up ive seen says she can score from anywhere on the floor.
ANY kid who can shoot from 30 feet out consistently and can draw defenses out that far would be an asset to ANY college in my opinion.

exactly,,,hawk is a rising JR.
And already has 1000 pts (Including her Middle school years on her HS team)

also of note, Madi's HS state tourney team lost three Seniors last year to college ball and she at 5'9" had to play post most of last year.

I have no idea how our coaches choose how to evaluate recruits.

That is an absolute mouthful! Most of us fans don't realize top level programs are not just looking for great basketball players. For another program that I follow the coach's first requirement is how does the POI perform in the classroom. If they do not put in effort in the classroom there is no offer. Are they driven to succeed at every level? What is their attitude toward team mates? Are they genuinely happy for their teammates success and do they help their teammates to succeed? What is their body language like when they are not in the game? Are they engaged and cheering the players on? What do they do when they are not engaged in organized basketball? Do they just play basketball or do they love basketball. Once a player checks all those boxes, then the skill/talent evaluations begin in earnest.

[
I have no idea how our coaches choose how to evaluate recruits. . . Thanks for bringing in coach Sam’s comments. 👍

On the other hand, this is a little concerning to me. As a coach who specializes in skills and techniques instructing, I believe I can take an elite basketball athlete who has drive and ambition to learn the game and teach them missing skills very quickly....Give me a Meme, JH, Rennia etc who is an elite athlete and may be void of an elite or extended skillset I will teach them said skills,,,in a very short time.

Example:
I have watched Tamari's 2-handed release of her "jumphook?" for all of her time here. Proper technique (A one-handed release at the peak of her extension) at her height would have given her an indefensible offensive weapon and if she had a counter move to go in the opposite direction (A right pivot fade-away), who could stop her? NO ONE!..All I would need to Tamari these two moves is 3-4 sessions.

[

On the other hand, this is a little concerning to me. As a coach who specializes in skills and techniques instructing, I believe I can take an elite basketball athlete who has drive and ambition to learn the game and teach them missing skills very quickly....Give me a Meme, JH, Rennia etc who is an elite athlete and may be void of an elite or extended skillset I will teach them said skills,,,in a very short time.

Example:
I have watched Tamari's 2-handed release of her "jumphook?" for all of her time here. Proper technique (A one-handed release at the peak of her extension) at her height would have given her an indefensible offensive weapon and if she had a counter move to go in the opposite direction (A right pivot fade-away), who could stop her? NO ONE!..All I would need to Tamari these two moves is 3-4 sessions.

I think you're reading too much into it. Athleticism is a big part of an overall "skill set". Coach Sam literally only said "skill set" > "ranking". Where is she wrong, without putting words in her mouth?

I think you're reading too much into it. Athleticism is a big part of an overall "skill set". Coach Sam literally only said "skill set" > "ranking". Where is she wrong, without putting words in her mouth?

Not saying she is wrong

Just saying give me an elite athlete who is driven to learn skills over a lesser athlete who has skills...I can teach skills better and faster that I can impart athleticism

I could teach Tamari a jumphook in two weeks,,,couldn't make her a better athlete in the same amount of time

Reactions: lfvol
Not saying she is wrong

Just saying give me an elite athlete who is driven to learn skills over a lesser athlete who has skills...I can teach skills better and faster that I can impart athleticism

I could teach Tamari a jumphook in two weeks,,,couldn't make her a better athlete in the same amount of time

I am someone in the middle. I have seen too many elite athletes that are not skilled in their specific sport with good coaches that never catch fire. Perhaps this is not particularly true pre-college, but by the time you are in college you are really behind the skilled players if you haven't developed your own skill set. I think a good example is Wynn. She is an elite athlete who I think will get better while she is here, but I would be surprised if she ever will be a regular starter if we continue to get skilled transfers and recruits.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Not saying she is wrong

There is a lot of truth in your statement that athleticism cannot be taught. You don’t have to be an elite athlete to be a really good basketball player, even at the D1 level , just a decent athlete if you have pure skills and smarts. I don’t consider Puckett much more than an average athlete, for example, but her smarts are off the charts and her skill set is pretty high already with a higher ceiling to come likely.

Every player is different, they all possess varying amounts of athleticism, smarts and skills. You need a certain amount of each of those qualities to play D1, and some will naturally lean on what comes most natural to them. But it was a true statement by CJ that athleticism is the one trait you just cannot teach. Ideally a player has a good enough basic skill set coming in that you can build and improve on it, same for smarts. You can’t make it as a one trick pony at this level, athleticism included.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back