2024 Recruiting Thread

IMO, he doesn't think we have a chance of landing her so its low hanging fruit for him to declare a recruiting failure. Thats what he does, talks up a low probability then, when they sign elsewhere, uses it to hammer Kellie. Been doing this for years.
nLrMVuy.gif

pun intended

Enlighten us with those reasons, please.
Definitely not a fan of Darth and his non-stop criticism of everything Lady Vols, but I think his comment here is spot on. I don’t think Cambridge is a must get, but I do think an elite point guard is a must have in that class.
At some point, we do have to lock down our border and keep the elite recruits home. That hasn’t been the case in recent years. Cambridge would be a good place to start!!

"It's important for my team to recruit an elite point guard." - said no one ever in the history of basketball ever.

That said, it will be very hard to grasp if Tennessee misses completely on point guards these next two years though, considering how much they're hurting for point guards.

Definitely not a fan of Darth and his non-stop criticism of everything Lady Vols, but I think his comment here is spot on. I don’t think Cambridge is a must get, but I do think an elite point guard is a must have in that class.
At some point, we do have to lock down our border and keep the elite recruits home. That hasn’t been the case in recent years. Cambridge would be a good place to start!!
You make good points about PG and keeping kids home. Make no mistake, however, that the sole purpose of Darth’s post was to set up an opportunity to criticize Kellie. There is no validating his posts.

IMO, he doesn't think we have a chance of landing her so its low hanging fruit for him to declare a recruiting failure. Thats what he does, talks up a low probability then, when they sign elsewhere, uses it to hammer Kellie. Been doing this for years.

Exactly what I was getting at when I asked him the question. You are spot on.

You're right that we need to recruit elite point guards to be among the elite teams. And you're right that Cambridge is not by herself a must get, because if we got one equal to or better than her, what's the difference?

But that isn't where DV is coming from. He wants to set up Kellie for devastating criticism from volnation if Cambridge goes elsewhere, even if we end up with a PG in her talent range. He sets up these damned if you do and damned if you don't scenarios as traps for her. This is just another one: If she does get Cambridge to commit, then he says "big deal, she was in state, therefore she wasn't doing anything other than the minimum." If Cambridge goes elsewhere, he will say: "Kellie can't recruit. This is why she didn't stay at NC state, etc., etc. Get rid of Kellie."

The idea that we must recruit instate to be successful is simply not true. Each individual kid will make up their own minds with their own families. Many instate kids will prefer Vandy or an out of state school for any number of reasons. We won't get 100% of instate blue-chip players, and that's OK if we make up for it with kids from other states, like Key, and Horston, and Puckett, and MIles, and Burrell, etc.

I usually am, which is what REALLY pisses my critics off... 😂

I for one don’t get pissed off but look forward to reading all of your Bu$$$t post ! Just like your critique of Justine when she verballed when ranked #35 in her class ….. You could not wait to berate Kelly for such a lowly recruit and she would not be able to recruit a top tier recruit ! But as time moved on our Justine moved up to #11 and you swallowed your tongue for awhile but then you started up again because we only had one recruit and how terrible Kelly was in recruiting! You forgot to mention the top 10—15 class in front of Justine with four players ! But the positives of this team are naturally ignored because they do not fit your true intentions.

Oh by the way ….. this years team is 21– and 4 at the moment! But I am sure you will be right back at it after our next loss ….JMO

P.S. I would bring up your past post to remind you how wrong you have been but you wisely fix your history so no one can expose you ! 😱

I doubt anyone will argue against an elite PG, G, Wing or post. We all can see where WE think the recruiting needs are. What Darth thinks doesn't matter as he wants failure not success.

Ultimately, Kellie has to decide who to recruit and sign since she is the one who has to win with them. I like what she has done so far with development of her players. I also like that the team is together like a family should be. I wouldn't want to see that change by introducing a player that will not mesh.

Who are some of the other 2024s you all would like to see at TN besides Cambridge and what position do they play.?

Who are some of the other 2024s you all would like to see at TN besides Cambridge and what position do they play.?
I love Olivia Olsen's game. At the D1 level, she's probably a 2 guard.
She may even play the wing some. She has a complete, all around game.
Joyce Edwards at forward, but being from South Carolina, I don't know how feasible it is taking her away from Dawn.

VN Store

Back