2024 Recruiting Thread

I understand her to be 6'2" as a sophomore
You would be correct. I saw her play a few hours ago. Her high school team, Grace Christian School, is here in Sanford, NC where I work now. I've seen her play probably about 15 games this season. She's 6'2" and can put the ball on the floor and shoot out to about 20 feet. Her dad played for NC State in the 1990s and then had a long pro career overseas.

Jamelle Elliott from UConn was here tonight on a recruiting visit. This is Sarah from tonight's game.

DSC_2163.JPG

This video's information is outdated. At this point, she CAN face up to the basket very well, has range out to about 20-21 feet (39-91 from behind the arc), and is comfortable doing so. She was being guarded by a D1 prospect playing at High Point Wesleyan the other night and had 28 in three quarters on her, hitting from anywhere on the floor she wanted.

She's playing at Grace Christian School (not Grace Academy) of Sanford with several of her AAU teammates; they all came as a group this season. Danny Strong, her father, is on the coaching staff. There are a few other girls on the team with D2/D3 potential, but the team as a whole is very young, mostly freshmen and sophomores.

Her dad, as the video says, is an NC State legacy and they're in the running, but I get the impression that he will send Sarah wherever he thinks is best for her.

I'll be back out there tomorrow night. They're ranked #1 in their classification and the #2 team is coming out of Charlotte to play them. Maybe I'll shoot some video of her in action.

Have we given her an offer ? Or just mutual interest ?

I don't know if there is an offer yet, but if coaches are attending the games of a small Christian school you can bet there is going to be one sooner or later. In my first post on Sarah her coach said that Tennessee has been in the building.

Coach Williams was in Clarksville tonight and watched Imari Berry put up 29 points.

Article from last week: It’s no wonder that she’s already entrenched herself as a legitimate candidate for Tennessee’s 4A Miss Basketball award; she’s averaging nearly 24 points per game on 55% shooting from the field and a mind-numbing 48% mark from three. She nailed three more triples against Kenwood.

“As a team we’ve had a phenomenal season so far, and as a player, she’s done everything we’ve asked her to do,” said CHS head coach Brian Rush. “She scores from the inside, she scores from the outside. She’s our leading rebounder, she leads us in steals. She’s really worked on making herself an all-around player. She comes out every night and competes.”
Imari Berry continues to shine in CHS win over Kenwood

Last edited:
Imari Berry and Jaloni Cambridge, #2 in the nation, are both 2024 Tennessee point guards. I'd like to see them go head to head, to see if Imari is legit.

I've read that Jaloni wasn't interested in attending TN, but, that had changed a little with TN's former success this year. Hope it hasn't changed back the last two weeks with the losses to the bottom team in the SEC, and unranked (at the time) Florida, plus the beatdown at UCONN. But if Cambridge isn't giving TN a chance, we'll still need a point guard.

Imari Berry and Jaloni Cambridge, #2 in the nation, are both 2024 Tennessee point guards. I'd like to see them go head to head, to see if Imari is legit.

I've read that Jaloni wasn't interested in attending TN, but, that had changed a little with TN's former success this year. Hope it hasn't changed back the last two weeks with the losses to the bottom team in the SEC, and unranked (at the time) Florida, plus the beatdown at UCONN. But if Cambridge isn't giving TN a chance, we'll still need a point guard.

I think we are working cambridge (i do enjoy her game and that would be a huge get from Tn) but also have our eyes on 1 or 2 other high powered pgs from that class .I wouldn't be surprised if we went with a transfer at pg from the portal skipped a pg in 23' and focused on the pgs in 24

I think we are working cambridge (i do enjoy her game and that would be a huge get from Tn) but also have our eyes on 1 or 2 other high powered pgs from that class .I wouldn't be surprised if we went with a transfer at pg from the portal skipped a pg in 23' and focused on the pgs in 24

2024 seems loaded with great guards and a bit light on bigs.

Reactions: Rooster1
So who is Kennedy Cambridge? Jaloni's sister? Are we recruiting? What's the story?

She is Jaloni's sister, and while there is SEC interest it doesn't appear Tennessee is involved. Here is a snippet from a Tennessean article a few weeks ago (I would share the whole piece but it's subscriber restricted):

And coaches in the SEC and other conferences have taken notice, which is why the 5-foot-8 shooting guard chose not to sign with a school in November.
Cambridge is talking to Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky and Western Kentucky. And a Florida State coach attended Ensworth's 48-34 win Friday over Brentwood Academy, where she scored 10. A Kentucky coach was at the Lady Tigers' 48-17 win over Pope John Paul II on Tuesday.
Her brother Devan Cambridge averages 7.1 points and 3.4 rebounds a game at Auburn l and scored a season-high 14 in a game with Nebraska.
"I've been down there a few times to see them play," said Kennedy of Auburn. "I love the environment. I love the people there. It's really a good program on both sides."

Reactions: 37620VOL

I have watched both play many times. HS and AAU. No comparison Cambridge is leaps and bounds above. Berry is no where close to Cambridge

Reactions: mcannon1
I've read that Jaloni wasn't interested in attending TN, but, that had changed a little with TN's former success this year. Hope it hasn't changed back the last two weeks with the losses to the bottom team in the SEC, and unranked (at the time) Florida, plus the beatdown at UCONN.

Thanks for the reminders about the position of Auburn and margin of victory against CONN; we had all forgotten. And especially helpful to remind everyone that although Florida is currently ranked and on a hot streak, they were still just on the cusp of the rankings when we played them, so they obviously were a different team then.

Sort of reminiscent of the poster for whom wins over then-ranked opponents don't count for much, while losses to then-unranked opponents who later have been ranked were really bad losses. The double standards when viewing wins & losses are illuminating.

I have watched both play many times. HS and AAU. No comparison Cambridge is leaps and bounds above. Berry is no where close to Cambridge

I was afraid of that. Gosh I hope Jaloni Cambridge will become a Lady Vol. Maybe if we put a beatdown on her sister's team today she and her parents will think TN is on the way back. Although, they're plenty basketball savvy. So much rides on the ncaa tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I was afraid of that. Gosh I hope Jaloni Cambridge will become a Lady Vol. Maybe if we put a beatdown on her sister's team today she and her parents will think TN is on the way back. Although, they're plenty basketball savvy. So much rides on the ncaa tournament.
Cambridge would be my top pick in the 2024 class I think she would bring everything we need and more in the PG position.

VN Store

Back