2024 Recruiting Thread

Senior, she scored 75 on senior night. And she’s 5’8 already. She would have been a good Pg for us.
Thank you for posting. Helps me to understand a “hype” fan. Disclaimer: I’m not currently involved in Wcbb recruiting.

Right, there are slightly different rules for graduates to transfer but it does not grant them any extra eligibility.

Is 5 yrs to play 4 still a rule? Probably not bc Fulkerson played forever and TK would be in her 6th yr next yr.

Also, I thought the new rule was unlimited transfer with no sit out as long as you do it during the portal period. Isn't that a current court ruling until further review?

I hope it not unlimited, that's just too much chaos.. The judges only got involved bc the NCAA threw a hissy fit and just dumped NIL and transfer out there w no rules or governance whatsoever. Washed their hands like Judas and predictably, it was off to the races. I think a trip to the docket was inevitable. I'm interested to see the lawsuits questioning the equal distribution of donated funds to women's sports. That's the one that could ride to rescue of the LVs.
Marta came in with Tess . If I'm not wrong.
Marta red shirted when they fixed her foot.
So Marta has Three years to play for Cal
Heard Tess say she's gets her freshmen year back.
Because during Tess Darby freshmen season she limited in practice by a leg injury Kellie said that during Tess freshmen season. Tess might shouldn't have played anymore past 1/3 of her freshmen season Tennessee could have gotten Tess a medical Redshirt. But don't know how often her leg injury effect her in her freshmen season. Might been where it got better than she have set back.
Going by Kellie saying on going leg injury if Im recalling right.

m

H

Portal opens up in three weeks actually 20 days. Since that will be our 2024 recruiting we need four top players.

When does most of the action happen? Is it afer the NCAAT?
Hopefully we can get clarification from the Judge in Greeneville that we can be more forthcoming and less conservative with our NIL offers by then.

Hopefully we can get clarification from the Judge in Greeneville that we can be more forthcoming and less conservative with our NIL offers by then.
About a month in usually goes until May 13th and in the beginning just a lot of players getting in the first couple weeks. Then you start seeing the visits. Were going to need to go big cause we have 8 seniors leaving after next season plus the two were losing after this season. Roster down to four for 2025 at the moment. Four to give to get portal players and then we need a huge 2025 freshman class.

I actually praised the schedule when it came out, but did say the one drawback was having the big games in such a compressed window. Of course it kinda didn't matter without Rickea which no one could have foreseen. As a season ticket holder I hate to see more cupcakes in the preseason, but they'll clearly have to lighten up.

Yeah I recognize him, "insecure Sam" is what clued me. She blocked him and he was highly offended.
I think we need to analyze the roster and try to schedule teams in the non conference we know we can beat other than a couple of challenges. One at home and one on the road. The crazy NCAA doesn't really care anymore who you play just how much you win by.

I think we need to analyze the roster and try to schedule teams in the non conference we know we can beat other than a couple of challenges. One at home and one on the road. The crazy NCAA doesn't really care anymore who you play just how much you win by.
This, totally agree. We don’t need to continue to carry the water for the rest of the conference (to paraphrase what Neighbor’s said).
Play the scheduling game like everyone else does.

Rose probably is a player that could help a larger school assuming she is interested. But she's another guard (we have plenty already) and she only has one year of eligibility left. She can be a good mentor to Madi Hawk at Wofford. We need post players.

Reactions: VolFuture and Lucy
View attachment 621340

I hope she enters the portal and we go after her. She had 23 points and 10 rebounds against us earlier in the season. Also shoots 44% from 3
Nice numbers but hard pass. The last thing we need is yet another undersized guard from a mid major. The only guard I'd take is an elite transfer or one in the top 20 h.s.

We need posts!!

Reactions: Lucy

Yea! Let's get out there and out-bribe other schools for potentially good players. That's the college spirit!

After watching each team, I honestly don’t see how Auburn and Mississippi State played so poorly to lose to Vanderbilt.
Auburn and Mississippi State are good teams when they play their best.
Vandy is not a good team.
The flopping won’t get them very far.
There’s not much talent on Vandy’s roster and they are too small.
Best thing Vandy, Miss State, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M has going for them is their non-conference schedule.
I’m okay being in the minority on recruiting because I would do the same as this staff in regards of not bringing in players that top priorities are promised playing time and/or NIL deals.
The transfer portal recruiting has been successful and one of the best in the entire country!
The change that the coach has to make and the one that has caused a setback three years in a row is the non-conference schedule.
Yeah, the OCC schedule is waaaaay too hard for a program like UT.

Something interesting I just saw on Instagram: Sarah Strong (#1 in 2024) and Kellie Harper are now following one another.
Is that new? I read something recently that she'd likely narrowed down to LSU and UConn, with South Carolina still pursuing.

VN Store

Back