2024 Recruiting Thread

I just noticed something for the fans on here that actually think the SEC fan club on Twitter and those SC fans don’t try to paint Tennessee in a negative way and have been a part of the negative recruiting against Tennessee.
All those SC fans in the SEC fan club have been boosting up Vandy all year.. and discrediting the entire Tennessee team with the exception of one player.
Yesterday, Tennessee beats Vandy and they don’t say a word about the outcome.
Vandy gets one recruit the next day and all a sudden they are speaking again about Vandy and Tennessee in the same sentence.
Like Tennessee didn’t just sign a former 5-star G from the transfer portal with 3 years of eligibility and has a 4-star G early enrollee on campus.
They haven’t mentioned a word about Kaniya Boyd who is in the same league with Blakes. At one point Blakes was ranked 20-30. Once players consider certain schools and play in certain AAU tourneys under certain coaches and accept camp invites they jump up the rankings. The ones who don’t drop. It’s a simple process and why I couldn’t care less about the difference between a 4 and 5 star player.
But it’s wild to see how folks will say anything out of context to try to push the narrative against Tennessee.
We have a Weiner! The Maximus Mockworthy Award goes to our own esteamed and veneered
anti-nv, the most prolific and soporific winnerSparkle!

Oh?! The award went to the lettuce that outlasted Liz Truss? Well then, Winner is first runner up. Hooray for Winner!

I just noticed something for the fans on here that actually think the SEC fan club on Twitter and those SC fans don’t try to paint Tennessee in a negative way and have been a part of the negative recruiting against Tennessee.
All those SC fans in the SEC fan club have been boosting up Vandy all year.. and discrediting the entire Tennessee team with the exception of one player.
Yesterday, Tennessee beats Vandy and they don’t say a word about the outcome.
Vandy gets one recruit the next day and all a sudden they are speaking again about Vandy and Tennessee in the same sentence.
Like Tennessee didn’t just sign a former 5-star G from the transfer portal with 3 years of eligibility and has a 4-star G early enrollee on campus.
They haven’t mentioned a word about Kaniya Boyd who is in the same league with Blakes. At one point Blakes was ranked 20-30. Once players consider certain schools and play in certain AAU tourneys under certain coaches and accept camp invites they jump up the rankings. The ones who don’t drop. It’s a simple process and why I couldn’t care less about the difference between a 4 and 5 star player.
But it’s wild to see how folks will say anything out of context to try to push the narrative against Tennessee.
It’s the Russians.

The lifeblood of this program needs to be high-school recruiting. The fact that we have to continually go into the portal to fill in holes is really flirting with danger. In my opinion, the portal players they picked up in this past cycle have done barely anything to help. Wells got hurt, but she wasn’t doing much before the injury. The others have been even worse.

We already saw what this team has in it without Rickea…not much. Kellie would have to really get a commit from a big time player to replace her…and if Horston hadn’t been here I don’t believe Rickea comes here initially. Thank god she stuck around for another year or we would probably have a .500 record so far. There just isn’t much to get excited about for the future when you are living and dying in the portal.

I do want Kellie to succeed here, but she does nothing to raise expectations. She has her husband coaching the posts and we haven’t had a high school recruit want to come play for John Harper. She has the insecure Sam Williams as her recruiting coordinator and if she were coordinating anything for me she would be let go. Sam blocks anyone on Twitter who questions what’s going on with recruiting. Insecure! Pay less attention to Twitter and get out and recruit!! Joy seems to be the most competent assistant, but that’s not saying much.

If Kellie’s going to be so inept at recruiting go out and get the best recruiter money buys! There is just nothing to get excited about with this team! We have a mid major roster with one star player who will be gone after this year. We are slow, turn the ball over way too much and can’t defend. At what point will someone over there do something to fix the turnover problem? You can’t beat great teams turning the ball over as much as we do! We need a true PG. I’ve been going to LVs games for over 30 years and it’s just hard to watch. It’s so far from anything that this program should be. This program sells itself if you are a competent recruiter. If I felt that the coaching was what it should be I wouldn’t even worry about recruiting…but we don’t have a great Xs and Os coach. We stand around on offense and play one on one non-stop. Get Coach Barnes to teach your team how to run an offensive set!!! I’ve asked this before and will ask again, what is our offensive system?

Last edited:
Well you tell me.. what’s the difference between #21 and #25?
What changed? Kaniya Boyd led her team to a 5A State Championship as a Junior. Won 5A Las Vegas Defensive Player of the Year.

How did her rankings drop and another player just 4 spots ahead move all the way up to #10? Recruiting services don’t rate all players equally that’s all I’m saying.. so in this case all I’m saying is if we’re going to give one school (Vandy) credit for signing their player then do the same thing for the other school (Tennessee).
Is that right or wrong?
Here’s the deal . When comparing our player vs their player, rarely do yo give their player credit for their individual accomplishments.

If Kellie signs them, I’ll root for them.

Ya just seem to have an issue staying centered. This forum has been around for a minute and you’ve come in here guns ablazin’ like your opinion is the only one that counts.

Sorry, you have yet to earn my respect with the way you represent yourself or your opinions.

Edit: Not entirely fair. I do read your every post and seek to upvote as appropriate.

Here’s the deal . When comparing our player vs their player, rarely do yo give their player credit for their individual accomplishments.

If Kellie signs them, I’ll root for them.

Ya just seem to have an issue staying centered. This forum has been around for a minute and you’ve come in here guns anlazin’ like your opinion is the only one that counts. Sorry, you have yet to earn my respect with the way you represent yourself or your opinions.

That’s fair. I’m okay with that.
But why you didn’t answer the question?
I’ll see your posts around and bring my truth to the topic.
I’ll put Coop and Boyd up against “them”.
Lets GBO🍊

That’s fair. I’m okay with that.
But why you didn’t answer the question?
I’ll see your posts around and bring my truth to the topic.
I’ll put Coop and Boyd up against “them”.
Lets GBO🍊
Your “truth” is actually your opinion. Just your opinion. And everyone has one. Even the negas. Don’t confuse this with a lack of awareness that there are those that post here that have ulterior motives.
Just my opinion is a great way to end posts… 😘

You can tell who this is👆.
5-1 in SEC. I rest my case🍊.
Who have they beat in those 6 games in the SEC? They have trailed by double digits in all of those games and miraculously found a way to win. Will they do that against the top teams in the league? We don’t know…but I wouldn’t bet on it. You can say what you want about the record in the SEC, but they have lost to just about every tournament team on their schedule and got beat by MTSU

Reactions: olddog
What a great video!! Looking forward to her in orange!

T.Coop been a baller. KB been a baller. Every game I see those two on the sideline watching the game its a great moment for the future 🍊.
Coach that video and what’s to come is why a new NV just showed up 👆.
Tennessee got them shook lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy
Who have they beat in those 6 games in the SEC? They have trailed by double digits in all of those games and miraculously found a way to win. Will they do that against the top teams in the league? We don’t know…but I wouldn’t bet on it. You can say what you want about the record in the SEC, but they have lost to just about every tournament team on their schedule and got beat by MTSU
LSU lost to Auburn with a group full of of "stars" last week and We beat Auburn the 2 weeks prior. We beat Vandy and Mississippi State who are currently in the tournament per bracketology. We are currently sitting in 2nd place in the SEC and will most likely be sitting there 4 games from now after playing a couple more projected tournament teams. If you've been watching 30 years you must know in today's game there are more teams than just Tennessee, UConn, Stanford and Notre Dame that can win on any given night. Almost every day a ranked team loses to an unranked team this year. That has become the norm. South Carolina looked unbeatable a year ago and the didn't get a championship with 5 WNBA draft picks last year. If you go back and look at Pat's last championship teams, you'll notice the similarity in the turnover rate compared to this year's team. That came from being aggressive to the basket and making aggressive passes to put their opponents defenses on their heels. This is not new at Tennessee. Rebound, get out on the break, be aggressive to the rim and score paint points.

Reactions: glv98 and Majac
Nothing much from 2024 recruiting has put this staff directly in huge problem situation if they can't recruit big out of the portal in March and also land a top 10 high school class in 2025. Only four players on the roster for 2025 and possibly a fifth if Wells gets a medical redshirt. We have a lot of returnees next season and two additions, but after that were looking at an empty roster. Only solution this staff has is to fill up the four or five remaining spots from the transfer portal plus also recruit at least four players from high school 2025. The selections from the portal have to be players with at least two years eligibility and they better be elite not just average players. Post players are the main issue from the portal, but we also need at least one maybe two top perimeter players. Sad to see, but this is the situation were in because of bad 2023 and 2024 recruiting.

I hope they are aware that they must get elite players out of the portal in March. You can't go into 2025 with a four player roster and the rest freshmen. Never seen Tennessee in this situation will be the downfall of this staff if they can't handle it and we'll have our answer fairly soon May 10th as that is when the portal closes and we'll know who we got and who is left which is usually not much at that point.

JMO this staff can't recruit to much evidence to deny. We get to be the second or third team on a lot of players which is the same as being last. So here we are and going to be quite an interesting few months ahead for Tennessee.

Vandy was 17-2 and was tied for 2nd in SEC with Tennessee, so I guess you can’t say we haven’t beat anyone good in the SEC.😆

Didn’t fall behind by double digits to Vandy either. Their largest lead was three. Early in the first quarter.
And without our best player down the stretch. Hard as it was watching whatever RJ was going through, that had to be huge for the other players. While they fully appreciate RJ's value to them, must of been hard to have the general perception, correctly, be that they can't win without her. I still think that's generally true, and doubt they would have won the game without her for the full game. But by God they won the 4th without her and played well, against a decent team.

I know it drives the past-worshipping, "I won't accept" posters nuts, but I have so comparmentalized this season into a game by game basis. Frankly tired of constantly looking back, and not looking forward bc it's way too scary. So I can enjoy the hell out of every win, but also see utter doom in every loss (TAM). Fully aware that nightmare game lurks anytime, anyplace, against anyone. And most of all, happy as hell to be 5-1 in conference.

Win over Ole Miss down there would be huge. For a change, we have a lucky bit of scheduling in having the off week before that game.

I can’t take anyone serious that thinks the staff doesn’t already have a plan to add PF/C and W players to the roster via the portal.

I’m also still wondering why people keep changing the goal post on Top 10 recruit vs HS recruit.

We needed guards last recruiting cycle and (we went out and signed guards that can shoot the cover off the rock) in Jewel Spear and is a great passer, needed athleticism and went out to get Kaniya Boyd Top 30 (her rankings were dropped for committing early and lack of attending camps).

Talaysia Cooper Top 20 elite 5-star McD All-American, and Top 20 elite 5-star 2025 commit Nyla Brooks. 2027 commit Finley Chastain is already a projected Top 10 prospect in her class.

Brooks will end up in the Top 10 of her class but if she does that doesn’t change the fact she’s an elite basketball player.

If anyone actually thinks there is much of any separation in the Top 1- 20 they are misguided.

It’s based on system, coaching, and player roles once they are in college.

Aneesah Morrow coming out of HS was a 3-star prospect and ranked 18 in her position.
I know without a doubt today if Tennessee signs a player out of HS this off-season that was a 3-star with the potential to develop into an Aneesah Morrow kind of player on the college level before that happened this board would tear this staff and player down to the ground.

And even when it’s obvious they were wrong, would not even admit it nor support the player but look for another reason to tear down the program.

Stop listening to the SC fans in the SEC fan club on Twitter that I have already exposed recently when they put Vandy on a pedestal after signing a player based on stars when that same player in reality was at a point just 4 spots ahead of Tennessee commit that they’ve never mentioned.

These rankings don’t involve equal analysis for players.. play for a certain AAU program and attend a high number of camps chances are you move up.
The fact is Tennessee already has two great additions that both are capable of becoming stars in Talaysia Cooper and Kaniya Boyd to build the 2024 recruiting class around.
Lets GBO🍊

Last edited:
How many players on the current roster are eligible to return next season and who likely will not return even if eligible?

Which part do you question? That we were runnerup to Vandy on this recruit? That we have many guards which according to you are mega elite and zero posts or wings after next yr? Or that Nyla Brooks is elite and likely the PG of the future?
Nyla is a wing

Reactions: travis929
How many players on the current roster are eligible to return next season and who likely will not return even if eligible?
Everybody but Jackson and Powell. It will either be 10 or 11 returnees depending on what Tamari does. Some other players could leave also, but we have four regardless and I am thinking it will be five or more. The next year only four returnees and no recruits at this time except Brooks. So 9 scholarships to give. We'll have to take at least four of five portal players and still hope to get three more 2025 players for that 2025 season.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Everybody but Jackson and Powell. It will either be 10 or 11 returnees depending on what Tamari does. Some other players could leave also, but we have four regardless and I am thinking it will be five or more. The next year only four returnees and no recruits at this time except Brooks. So 9 scholarships to give. We'll have to take at least four of five portal players and still hope to get three more 2025 players for that 2025 season.
Whew! We’re really about see how the trajectory of this program will pan out within the next 2 years.

VN Store

Back