2024 Recruiting Thread

Sometimes you need that player with grit, determination and Tennessee pride who is talented as well. Maybe not the #1 player in the class, but pretty darn good.
Pat took a bunch of them players look how it worked out. We are missing them bad right now. A lunch pail talented. Wants see Tennessee win and move a mountain for the orange blood they have.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
Pat took a bunch of them players look how it worked out. We are missing them bad right now. A lunch pail talented. Wants see Tennessee win and move a mountain for the orange blood they have.
I bet you can name 10 players like that. Including Kelly. She would not recruit them unfortunately.

Don't count out anyone yet...Samantha is very visible in the circuit.
I am already looking into the class of 26
will be working with #21 late summer
Rising 8th grader already over 6ft and will be playing up in her HS this winter

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
feels good to be back in the AAU/exposure circuit.
Been waiting a long time to have a coach I feel I can trust to run the Lady Vols without me.
I know that sounds "whatever word you want to use" but I was not about to sit idle and let Holly ruin this org.

Some may wonder why I put more stock into Coach K
3 reasons

1-Holly had been a #2 coach so long she had no idea how to be a #1
2-Coach k come in as a recent HC and was my choice from the gitgo and I made it known and have never wavered
3-Lastly, and most importantly...When Kellie Jolly played BB for coach Summitt, she was "the floor general". She was not the marquee player,,,the 3 meeks were. But she never lost sight in the fact that when she was on the court, she was responsible for running the team, as a PG this is her task. In doing so she never let her ego get in the way and the results was championships. I believe she now takes this same ability into her HC job. She has put very strong assistants around her and has put together a first recruiting class of blue-collar players and is now aiming at higher rated recruits for the future...Now all she has to do is manage.

This changes nothing in how I will post though. I will post as a coach and I will be tough on her and hold her to the highest standards. I will fuss at her for not calling timeouts, getting in player's grills when they do something stupid or not working the refs,,,,,But for me, I will get back to doing what I do best. . . Training elite future players.

Been fun folks, just know that if things ever revert back to Hollyism,,,,
"I can be there tomorrow"

feels good to be back in the AAU/exposure circuit.
Been waiting a long time to have a coach I feel I can trust to run the Lady Vols without me.
I know that sounds "whatever word you want to use" but I was not about to sit idle and let Holly ruin this org.

Some may wonder why I put more stock into Coach K
3 reasons

1-Holly had been a #2 coach so long she had no idea how to be a #1
2-Coach k come in as a recent HC and was my choice from the gitgo and I made it known and have never wavered
3-Lastly, and most importantly...When Kellie Jolly played BB for coach Summitt, she was "the floor general". She was not the marquee player,,,the 3 meeks were. But she never lost sight in the fact that when she was on the court, she was responsible for running the team, as a PG this is her task. In doing so she never let her ego get in the way and the results was championships. I believe she now takes this same ability into her HC job. She has put very strong assistants around her and has put together a first recruiting class of blue-collar players and is now aiming at higher rated recruits for the future...Now all she has to do is manage.

This changes nothing in how I will post though. I will post as a coach and I will be tough on her and hold her to the highest standards. I will fuss at her for not calling timeouts, getting in player's grills when they do something stupid or not working the refs,,,,,But for me, I will get back to doing what I do best. . . Training elite future players.

Been fun folks, just know that if things ever revert back to Hollyism,,,,
"I can be there tomorrow"
I'm just glad you finally see Tennessee isn't going recuit Hawk. However she will have a great power 5 career. Kelly will be as good as she can recuit. Time will tell or how long Danny White is ok with quick exits from tournament. The hiring of Mulkey actually puts more pressure on him and Kelly. I have one question how many times have you worked with Hawk? Do you think your constent poking Tennessee about her everyday has hurt her? Lady Vols are going be good or bad with or without you or any of us. I'm excited you feel excited about this staff.

I'm just glad you finally see Tennessee isn't going recuit Hawk. However she will have a great power 5 career. Kelly will be as good as she can recuit. Time will tell or how long Danny White is ok with quick exits from tournament. The hiring of Mulkey actually puts more pressure on him and Kelly. I have one question how many times have you worked with Hawk? Do you think your constent poking Tennessee about her everyday has hurt her? Lady Vols are going be good or bad with or without you or any of us. I'm excited you feel excited about this staff.
Did I miss something here? Waiting for it.

Did I miss something here? Waiting for it.

I think we both missed something.

How is the he!! does this have anything to do with Hawk. who is this nut? Madi is #13 in blue star and her chosen recruit is 5 spots further.

200.gif

and NO,,,Madi has far more supporters than foes on this site.
get a life

Last edited:
Why does he keep saying TN will not recruit Madi?? I think she has just a good of chance or better to be recruited. Jumper mentioned she is #13 on bluestar so the kid must be pretty dang good bc that is a highly favored ranking site. Just because she isn't like what Kellie has offered up to date doesn't mean she won't get an offer, we need diversity right? If madi is what everyone says she is.... she will get an offer. Period
I'm backing this kid i mean she is 95% of the topic on this 2024 site lol

If we (TN) have an elite kid (maybe both #1 ranked) right in our back yard then those should be the kids we fight for the most. You don't have to have all top 10 kids or the #1 ranked kid to have a successful program. All you need are the right pieces, diversity, different types of athletes (size, speed, shooters defenders etc).
In state kids who bleed orange and truly understand the culture and history at UT and what it means to be a lady vol and have wanted to be a lady vol their entire life may get discouraged or even snub Tennessee if they are not going to jump on them early.
Perfect example RHYNE HOWARD from Bradley Central-TN slow played her and she fell in love with Kentucky and TN missed out on one of the best players to ever come out of TN. I hate to see that keep happening, we need those players.... then they make it personal to come back and beat TN lol
Any one else feel this way?

If we (TN) have an elite kid (maybe both #1 ranked) right in our back yard then those should be the kids we fight for the most.

Kellie will choose who to recruit based on her criteria. No fighting to it as WE are not part of the solution. Do I want Jumpers candidate to get signed, yes, if it is who Kellie chooses otherwise, I wish her the best.

This is a forum thread to discuss all 2024 potential recruits. A lot of things will change over the next three years so instead of eliminating recruits because they don't have champions here, we should observe and see who rises to the top.

Kellie DOES NOT have to nor will she recruit a player just bc someone on here or anywhere else wants her to or thinks she should.
However is this forum not for potential recruits or to discuss players that might be a good fit for TN? Yes it is and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I really haven't seen jumper or anyone else truly "BASH" "TRASH" or "SUBMARINE " any player just give opinions to why they think they would be a good fit at TN.

Reactions: Rickster
This is a forum thread to discuss all 2024 potential recruits. A lot of things will change over the next three years so instead of eliminating recruits because they don't have champions here, we should observe and see who rises to the top.
Maybe start a MADI HAWK thread 🤔 seems as she is a very popular topic in this 2024 thread

Maybe start a MADI HAWK thread 🤔 seems as she is a very popular topic in this 2024 thread

Until Kellie signs her, this thread is the best place to discuss all 2024 recruits. Do not want to play favorites by giving some their own thread even though Madi has more posts in here by far than any other player.

Until Kellie signs her, this thread is the best place to discuss all 2024 recruits. Do not want to play favorites by giving some their own thread even though Madi has more posts in here by far than any other player.

It’s fun and enjoyable to read and discuss these recruits. But sometimes we forget how Kellie and our coaches handle recruiting! I give you our latest verbal (Justine) ! No information on this kid before her verbal ..... No Twitter of an offer of a scholarship! No social media of any kind ! But all of a sudden we have a verbal commitment from a recruit that NO ONE HAS EVER HEARD OF 🤷‍♂️ Plus she is from the state of New Jersey !!!!! Not our normal recruiting grounds . Just Saying

The only information we have is each other’s opinions and public information about scholarships being offered if they even get posted ? It is almost like getting the C.I. A. testifying in a court of law to get pertinent information. But alas ..... back to speculation and dreams of what might of been ?

So as an aside, some poster on here has pushed Iowa State as a potential destination. Let me be clear anyone who would do that has never been to Iowa, particularly not in the winter. Godforsaken does not even begin to describe January in Iowa.

So as an aside, some poster on here has pushed Iowa State as a potential destination. Let me be clear anyone who would do that has never been to Iowa, particularly not in the winter. Godforsaken does not even begin to describe January in Iowa.

ames - 13 hours 875 miles
UT - 45 minutes 25 miles

Last edited:

VN Store

Back