2024 Presidential Race

To be fair, a lot of Democrat/Liberal Politicians and Media have come out against these protests. I wish we had the same energy and unity regarding the violence of BLM (I think the issue was that BLM had a valid cause regarding police brutality but it did not justify the attacks on innocent bystanders).

I am getting to the point where I want all protests (no matter reasoning) banned. It just seems like protests create riots and issues today. Constitution cites peacefully assembly, that doesn't necessarily mean protesting.

I am getting to the point where I want all protests (no matter reasoning) banned. It just seems like protests create riots and issues today. Constitution cites peacefully assembly, that doesn't necessarily mean protesting.
And this is where we are now - believing the govt grants freedoms?

It was a good effort. We almost made it 250yrs

Where in the Constitution did it guarantee protesting? Find an actual writing and share.

Now under any system, peaceful marches are not outlawed. Good to go. However, blocking roads, people, etc. runs a foul of most local criminal laws.

EDIT: I also think it is very undemocratic for groups that can't get votes to go out and use violence/threats to try to get there way with the government. It is really no different than blackmail or holding someone up for ransom. That is why I have a hard time seeing how protesting is democratic in the scheme of things.

Reactions: dovervolz

Tinfoil hat on
Everything is the exact opposite of what he said.
BLM was allowed and controlled by the left because they handled the finances and profited

Whitehouse completely lost gaza/Israel plot. Equal antisemitic hate coming from far left & far right. Neither party knows how to address it from a partisan viewpoint, are terrified of blowback.

Hate-Bill has enough poison pills built in, it won't survive appeals courts.
Uni-party working together to shut everyone up and continue election slap fight profits.

Founding Fathers would have stacked bodies over this $h!t

Tinfoil hat on
Everything is the exact opposite of what he said.
BLM was allowed and controlled by the left because they handled the finances and profited

Whitehouse completely lost gaza/Israel plot. Equal antisemitic hate coming from far left & far right. Neither party knows how to address it from a partisan viewpoint, are terrified of blowback.

Hate-Bill has enough poison pills built in, it won't survive appeals courts.
Uni-party working together to shut everyone up and continue election slap fight profits.

Founding Fathers would have stacked bodies over this $h!t

Also, some of the Protests that we highlight as being great for our nation such as those by MLK Jr did NOT violate laws. They typically applied for permits and tried to do it the right way. Did they step out when it was unjust at times, sure. However, I think the Founding Fathers would be alright with those marches but not some of the violent protests today.

I am also cautious about protesting and giving in because it could push ideas that only a minority wants on a majority and undermine elections/democratic process by using threats/violence.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

It does. It also takes freedom away. Citing the Constitution for why the government is in the wrong is as futile as citing the Bible in a physics course.

Where in the Constitution did it guarantee protesting? Find an actual writing and share.

Now under any system, peaceful marches are not outlawed. Good to go. However, blocking roads, people, etc. runs a foul of most local criminal laws.

EDIT: I also think it is very undemocratic for groups that can't get votes to go out and use violence/threats to try to get there way with the government. It is really no different than blackmail or holding someone up for ransom. That is why I have a hard time seeing how protesting is democratic in the scheme of things.
You're confusing the act of protesting with committing other crimes. The act of protesting is covered in the constitution (speech, assembly, petition to redress grievances, etc). You should check it out

It does. It also takes freedom away. Citing the Constitution for why the government is in the wrong is as futile as citing the Bible in a physics course.
It absolutely does not grant them. Its job is to limit the power and scope of govt. That's why it's relevant to the discussion

Also, some of the Protests that we highlight as being great for our nation such as those by MLK Jr did NOT violate laws. They typically applied for permits and tried to do it the right way. Did they step out when it was unjust at times, sure. However, I think the Founding Fathers would be alright with those marches but not some of the violent protests today.

I am also cautious about protesting and giving in because it could push ideas that only a minority wants on a majority and undermine elections/democratic process by using threats/violence.
I'm mostly having fun with that post I made.

I mean, I do believe both parties are incompetent and don't how to handle the Israeli/Gaza protests.

I can't take the bait and believe in any kind of uni-party conspiracy to silence discussion with the Bill. I do hate the Bill and hope it can't survive the courts though.

I mean, I do believe both parties are incompetent and don't how to handle the Israeli/Gaza protests.

I can't take the bait and believe in any kind of uni-party conspiracy to silence discussion with the Bill. I do hate the Bill and hope it can't survive the courts though.
They know how. They are just too ****ing afraid to do what's necessary.

Water cannons, pepper spray, and send them the bill

I really think the Bill is pointless. I don't like limiting speech in general because we can all be victims. (For example, the Bible would run foul with a lot of LQBT hate laws based on Romans 1 or Leviticus).

My issue is ACTIONS. Specifically actions against innocent parties.

BLM is probably the worse example that I can think of with store looting, people attacking/blocking cars, people storming restaurants, etc. These protests haven't been that bad but they are borderline. Jan 6 shouldn't have happened as well to be fair to both sides. This is what I want to be discouraged/stopped. I think protesting has gone way to far and opens the door for political violence to force people into groups.

This level of protesting reminds me of the Communist vs. SA (future SS) violence in the Weimar Republic.

It absolutely does not grant them. Its job is to limit the power and scope of govt. That's why it's relevant to the discussion
There’s reality and there’s fantasy. How has the Constitution limited the power and scope of govt? The US govt is the largest and most powerful entity in human history under the all-limiting Constitution.

To be fair, a lot of Democrat/Liberal Politicians and Media have come out against these protests. I wish we had the same energy and unity regarding the violence of BLM (I think the issue was that BLM had a valid cause regarding police brutality but it did not justify the attacks on innocent bystanders).

Perhaps because it doesn't help Biden's reelection. Rags like MSNBC and CNN didn't report until they had to.

Right there in the bold is the hole in your statement.

Once a group turns violent they are no longer protesting, they are rioting and rioting is illegal and not protected by the 1st amendment.

I really think the Bill is pointless. I don't like limiting speech in general because we can all be victims. (For example, the Bible would run foul with a lot of LQBT hate laws based on Romans 1 or Leviticus).

My issue is ACTIONS. Specifically actions against innocent parties.

BLM is probably the worse example that I can think of with store looting, people attacking/blocking cars, people storming restaurants, etc. These protests haven't been that bad but they are borderline. Jan 6 shouldn't have happened as well to be fair to both sides. This is what I want to be discouraged/stopped. I think protesting has gone way to far and opens the door for political violence to force people into groups.
Agreed.
This level of protesting reminds me of the Communist vs. SA (future SS) violence in the Weimar Republic.
Hell No.
Presently, a small percentage of each side may have family members at risk. But they themselves are not physically at risk and have much to lose while living comfortably in a stable nation.

Back then, those guys were mostly battle hardened WW1 vets that had lost everything. They were living in a shattered state with opportunity nowhere, literally fighting for control of insufficient resources.

Edit: They left allot of bodies on the ground after some of their protests(brawls)

Just no comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
Perhaps because it doesn't help Biden's reelection. Rags like MSNBC and CNN didn't report until they had to.

Yeah, a lot of truth in these posts. A lot of big money on both sides. A lot of Hollywood, Media, and big business has Jewish people in leadership or ownership roles so it would be a hit to the Democratic pocket book.

I also think you have money coming in on Palestinian side as well. These protests are funded, etc. I imagine it is oil money from Hezbollah, Iran, and pro-Iranian groups in Iraq.

This is why Biden's administration is mum on the topic. They are all about votes/money and not about doing what is right.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Right there in the bold is the hole in your statement.

Once a group turns violent they are no longer protesting, they are rioting and rioting is illegal and not protected by the 1st amendment.

The setup is creating violence. Also violence is more than just physical attacks. Blocking a car on the interstate (even if the protesters don't touch the car) is violence per Criminal law.

So effectively, most of these protests by the sheer fact that they were blocking people, were illegal. We are NOT enforcing that (well we have started with these protests but in the past it was selective enforcement).

I also think protests are basically designed to force change outside of the legal process which, to me, undermines the Democratic process.

Let's say you have a town of 10,000 people and 9000 support issue A and 1000 support issue B but the 1000 block the court houses and streets protesting and threatening people. Eventually the town caves and gives in to issue B. You basically screwed over the entire Democratic process.

The setup is creating violence. Also violence is more than just physical attacks. Blocking a car on the interstate (even if the protesters don't touch the car) is violence per Criminal law.

So effectively, most of these protests by the sheer fact that they were blocking people, were illegal. We are NOT enforcing that (well we have started with these protests but in the past it was selective enforcement).

I also think protests are basically designed to force change outside of the legal process which, to me, undermines the Democratic process.

Let's say you have a town of 10,000 people and 9000 support issue A and 1000 support issue B but the 1000 block the court houses and streets protesting and threatening people. Eventually the town caves and gives in to issue B. You basically screwed over the entire Democratic process.

Law enforcement not enforcing the law is no reason to advocate for stripping away rights of the law abiding. Vote for politicians who will force LE to do their jobs.

Law enforcement not enforcing the law is no reason to advocate for stripping away rights of the law abiding. Vote for politicians who will force LE to do their jobs.

While I get that, where is the right to protest? It says "peacefully assembly". That isn't a protest.

Weimar Republic is a great example of when Protesting goes wrong or is abused.

Also as noted, I am focused more on actions than words. I could care less if someone says "From the Sea to the River" or "Kill all Jews". However, harassing students or taking over buildings is another story.

VN Store

Back