2024 Presidential Race

Yes she is, of certain policies. Namely, Trump isn't neocon enough for her.

I shouldn't have said never. I know better than to speak in absolute terms. There will be exceptions to everything. For the most part, however, she was supportive of Trump's policies and voted with Trump's publicly stated positions the overwhelming majority of the time.

You are that dumb and cultish. You have a need to assign an ulterior motive anyone who is critical of Trump. The criticism itself is never analyzed for validity.

I wonder if you ever read your own posts - you frequently assign ulterior motives to Trump and others on the right - you often present your interpretations as "facts".

pot and kettle

I've been critical of Trump, whats my ulterior motive?
Whenever a Republican is critical of Trump .... you are dismissive of it, because invariably, that fellow Republican is only doing so because of self-interest .... Apparently, you have the power to make that assessment due to some mind-reading ability that the rest of us mere mortals do not possess.

Whenever a Republican is critical of Trump .... you are dismissive of it, because invariably, that fellow Republican is only doing so because of self-interest .... Apparently, you have the power to make that assessment due to some mind-reading ability that the rest of us mere mortals do not possess.

Are you presenting your misguided interpretations as facts again?

I shouldn't have said never. I know better than to speak in absolute terms. There will be exceptions to everything. For the most part, however, she was supportive of Trump's policies and voted with Trump's publicly stated positions the overwhelming majority of the time.
Yes, I agree she voted with Trump's stated positions the vast majority of the time. My point is that the areas where they differed (foreign policy) were pretty notable differences, because they are a big deal to the vested interests that fund and lobby her (and her dad and her dad's friends before her).

I disagree that she opposes Trump purely because of his conduct. I think she thought she couldn't get on board with some of Trump's foreign policy rhetoric; he is too (at least publicly) critical of the system of US alliances that keep the MIC gravy train running. That's got something to do with why Romney opposes him too.

Reactions: hog88
Jeb is dull as shoe leather plus 2016 was not a good time for him to make his run.
Right, because his last name was a liability by that point. Any higher office aspirations Jeb had were torpedoed by 2006 or 2007 when his brother's Presidential approval ratings were in the 20s. He just didn't realize it yet. Same for Liz; her dad's approval rating was even lower.

the Biden diary discussion is but one of many
I have said that, just like everyone else, I was to some extent engaging in conjecture. I have never seen the diary itself.

I have speculated on the motives of the couple who found the diary, because they made it apparent from the start that they wanted to sell it for more money than what a diary would ever sell for in a store.

I have speculated on the political motive of Project Veritas, based on prior behavior from them, which has included tampering with evidence and bribing witnesses to support their desired narratives with lies.

I have been honest that this was speculation .... but it was speculation based on the behavior of the people who handled the diary in between the time Ashley Biden last had it, and when it was handed over to the FBI. That speculation didn't come from nowhere. That is not comparable with what @hog88 has been doing. There is NOTHING in Liz Cheney's behavior which justifies his assertion that her objections to Trump's conduct were motivated by her own self-interest. Therefore, you are drawing a false equivalency .... which you are prone to doing in your replies to me.

It's more complicated than that. He opposed him before and after the 2016 primaries, said he was a fraud, etc. It wasn't like they were buddies, but then he decided to hate him after he didn't get the Secretary of State job. Opposing Trump during the primaries likely cost him that job.

My point is that when the political winds started to blow in favor of Trump, Romney actually didn't go with them. He took a position that was unpopular in his party, and continued to hold on to it for a while even as it became more unpopular. Then after Trump won he did try to get a job in his admin, but it was too late, then he reverted to his original position. That can actually pass for "principled" in the incredibly low bar that is politics. The winds can be strong enough to get him to eventually change his position, but he doesn't change course with every single change in the wind's direction. And Trump isn't above changing his mind about someone if they change his mind about him (see Ted Cruz).
Calls him fraud...goes to kiss ring and attempt to get cabinet post. The only time he wasn't talking shat about trump was when he wanted something from trump.

Calls him fraud...goes to kiss ring and attempt to get cabinet post. The only time he wasn't talking shat about trump was when he wanted something from trump.
Or...hear me out...he could have just gotten on board from the very beginning and likely gotten that Cabinet post.

I agree with this analysis of this if Romney was friendly with him from the get go, gets rebuffed from a Cabinet post, and then starts talking shat.

A lot of you like to say that ..... but your posts on here reflect a very passionate allegiance to Trump.

No, if you would open your eyes you would see my and most others are posting to refute blatant BS you and others spew on a constant basis. I'm not going to lie, if it was a gun to the head vote for either Trump, Biden/MO/Newsom I wouldn't hesitate to pull the lever for Trump but since this isn't Russia yet I have choices and my choice will be someone other than Trump.

Boom - you did it again. You are assigning an ulterior motive to Hog's comment (and others).
It's speculation ..... but based on his past behavior. That didn't come from nowhere. I have read enough of his posts to reasonably believe that @hog88 does indeed, unconditionally support Donald Trump.

Boom .... You are, once again, drawing a false equivalency. There is NOTHING in Liz Cheney's past behavior to believe that her criticism of Trump's conduct has been motivated by her own self-interest. LOL.

It's speculation ..... but based on his past behavior. That didn't come from nowhere. I have read enough of his posts to reasonably believe that @hog88 does indeed, unconditionally support Donald Trump.

Boom .... You are, once again, drawing a false equivalency. There is NOTHING in Liz Cheney's past behavior to believe that her criticism of Trump's conduct has been motivated by her own self-interest. LOL.

you are delusional but at least you're consistent

Boom - you did it again. You are assigning an ulterior motive to Hog's comment (and others).
Attention!!!

@hog88 and @volfanhill are NOT Trump supporters. I am. It takes one to know one lol.

Though they regularly get accused of supporting Trump because the left has gone off the F***** deep end! So when these posters blow the whistle and call a foul, when the foul is so clearly and obviously a foul, they get accused of being Trumpers.

She is a politician. By definition, most of what she does is motivated by self-interest.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back