2024 Presidential Race

Where does "Biden has significant dementia, the economy is spiraling, the world has gone to war on multiple fronts, and we are facing a monumental crisis due to illegal immigration and an influx of narcotics, so we have to turn in a different direction" fall on the continuum?

Reactions: Orangeburst
187 minutes later.......after being pleaded with to do so by every single person on the right including his own children.

He had no other remotely legitimate choice and him reluctantly and belatedly succumbing to that choice in no way exonerates him or changes his obvious intent..........and it's nuts to even debate his intent.
If it's nuts, why do you and others continue to bring up intent?

I made a statement that his telling them to go home is evidence he wasn't trying to take over the government.

I dont know the answer ...ive never researched it, but has there ever been a coup where the leader told people conducting the coup to go home?

Another question: where would y'all place Jan 6 vs the attack on Israeli civilians on a continuum?

Have you invested as much time reading what political and cultural leaders are on record saying as peaceful protests turned into something worse as you have DJT and Jan 6?
You are trying to deflect away from Trump. I'm not taking the bait.

Have you taken any time at all to watch video of the violence from that day? I doubt it. You have probably taken the "buried hand in the sand" approach to the whole thing, but I will post this YouTube video again anyway.

Where does "Biden has significant dementia, the economy is spiraling, the world has gone to war on multiple fronts, and we are facing a monumental crisis due to illegal immigration and an influx of narcotics, so we have to turn in a different direction" fall on the continuum?
About 13% further down the preferred side than another trump term. (Which is admittedly still a very sh!tty position)

What a stupid question this is.

BEFORE telling them to march down to the Capitol, you emphasize to them the importance of remaining outside of the Capitol while protesting, as well as the importance of being peaceful at all times. You tell them not to engage the police or Capitol security.
I have no issue with thinking he should say that.

The time to REMIND THEM for law and order is when the attendees are acting lawfully and orderly.

Appeal, as to a person or group, has a different definition to me.

If it's nuts, why do you and others continue to bring up intent?

I made a statement that his telling them to go home is evidence he wasn't trying to take over the government.

I dont know the answer ...ive never researched it, but has there ever been a coup where the leader told people conducting the coup to go home?
Bringing up his intent isn't the same as debating his intent.
And sure, it's simply retreating and regrouping.......it was obvious that he had lost the battle of the day.

You are trying to deflect away from Trump. I'm not taking the bait.

Have you taken any time at all to watch video of the violence from that day? I doubt it. You have probably taken the "buried hand in the sand" approach to the whole thing, but I will post this YouTube video again anyway.

It's a fair question. The equivalence cannot be judged if you lack the detail to judge.

You can hold the president to a higher standard. I'm on board. But the words and emotion of what was said was less inflammatory than what others have said during other civil unrest.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Bringing up his intent isn't the same as debating his intent.
And sure, it's simply retreating and regrouping.......it was obvious that he had lost the battle of the day.
It doesn't bother me if you choose to believe a myth. Whatever gives you the good qualities of life you pursue.

Reactions: luthervol
Another question: where would y'all place Jan 6 vs the attack on Israeli civilians on a continuum?
It would depend on what the continuum is.
If it is "acts carried out based on ignorance, hatred, and a misguided faith in and loyalty to a dangerously evil ideology", then pretty close.

It's a fair question. The equivalence cannot be judged if you lack the detail to judge.

You can hold the president to a higher standard. I'm on board. But the words and emotion of what was said was less inflammatory than what others have said during other civil unrest.
Trump conveyed 2 blatant lies to his crowd of supporters before the riot, which absolutely did contribute to the riot itself :

1) Trump told his supporters that it was still possible for him to retain the Presidency.

2) Trump told his supporters that this could happen if Pence refused to count the electoral college votes from states they had lost.

Those 2 lies set forth an angry mob that was hell bent on disrupting the certification of the electoral college vote inside the House Chamber of the Capitol.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
Trump conveyed 2 blatant lies to his crowd of supporters before the riot, which absolutely did contribute to the riot itself :

1) Trump told his supporters that it was still possible for him to retain the Presidency.

2) Trump told his supporters that this could happen if Pence refused to count the electoral college votes from states they had lost.

Those 2 lies set forth an angry mob that was hell bent on disrupting the certification of the electoral college vote inside the House Chamber of the Capitol.
Wasn't that what Trump was being told by some of his ignorant ass lawyers?

Reactions: whodeycin85
It doesn't bother me if you choose to believe a myth. Whatever gives you the good qualities of life you pursue.
lol.......
The myth I chose to believe in was that a significant percentage of Trumpers would eventually get a clue.

And where have I offered refutation of points 1 and/or 2. It's on record.
Just as his ask to go home is on record.

It is common knowledge that he is no Trump supporter. You just like to throw **** at people that disagree with you, and McDad of all people. One of the most respected, respectful, and liked posters on this board. Only someone like you could rile him to even a modicum of any negative response..Congrats on your douchery.
Typical liberal. When they dont get they're way they throw fits snd insults.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
The right has lost the ability to make that argument and save face. Clowns all over
People on both sides have a lot more emotional investment in issues, public offices and people than I do.
We don't come to much agree to disagree positions here even though none of our thoughts are affecting public policy.
Paul, in his letter to the Romans, said Roman culture invented new ways to sin. I feel like we invent new ways to argue just to fight.

Reactions: volfanhill

Please. Get real, dude. His words and emotions were very inflammatory. Plus--and just a minor point here--he was the PRESIDENT and he was lying about a presidential election. And he lied--loudly and blatantly and 24/7---for weeks. He's also responsible for the deaths of several people--FACT. The man should go to prison--seriously.

VN Store

Back