2024 NFL Offseason Thread

What makes you think I didn't get that? He's literally being protected and revered. You are protecting him. The jersey buyers are revering him. Your sarcastic analysis flipped on you and you are the one missing the point.
“Protected and revered” doesn’t look like it used to. Allz I’m seeing is calls for him to be booted and distancing from both the NFL and the Chiefs. My less sophisticated facilities are misinterpreting your sage and wise non-sarcastic prose as GASLIGHTING. 😏

“Protected and revered” doesn’t look like it used to. Allz I’m seeing is calls for him to be booted and distancing from both the NFL and the Chiefs. My less sophisticated facilities are misinterpreting your sage and wise non-sarcastic prose as GASLIGHTING. 😏

Well he won't be booted so who cares? You don't have to take a side in this stuff. You can just laugh at it.

Maybe Butker will miss a few kicks and he's in his head and then he loses his nerve, but that's the only way this wouldn't work in his favor. He's got his bubble and the NFL where his opinions are welcome. And like I said, he'll be a cult figure to some now. Probably get a book deal or something.

Protected and revered like this?

This is America:

You said something I agree with? Nice to meet you.

You said the same thing and people are mad about it? Can I make you into a cult figure?
Some pushback from fans getting tired of the sanctimonious demands from whatever CULT inspired the perfectly measured, non-smarmy MEME that YOU posted. 😏 League will cave to the Soy and make him (at best) undergo cultural sensitivity training. If I’m not trying to enlist dudes to run women out of their own sport teams, I can be faux outraged by a Christian praising his wife for being a great wife and mother…homemaker in barbaric terms.

Some pushback from fans getting tired of the sanctimonious demands from whatever CULT inspired the perfectly measured, non-smarmy MEME that YOU posted. 😏 League will cave to the Soy and make him (at best) undergo cultural sensitivity training. If I’m not trying to enlist dudes to run women out of their own sport teams, I can be faux outraged by a Christian praising his wife for being a great wife and mother…homemaker in barbaric terms.

Bet

Well he won't be booted so who cares? You don't have to take a side in this stuff. You can just laugh at it.

Maybe Butker will miss a few kicks and he's in his head and then he loses his nerve, but that's the only way this wouldn't work in his favor. He's got his bubble and the NFL where his opinions are welcome. And like I said, he'll be a cult figure to some now. Probably get a book deal or something.
Not while editors embrace pronouns and enlightened individuals like yourself post memes. 😉

Reactions: SlipKidVol

You're not telling the truth by pretending this was the problem with what he said. Everything he said about women would have been perfectly fine, except for the part about "the most diabolical lies" which was a very stupid line and gave everything else a different meaning and weight to it.

You're not telling the truth by pretending this was the problem with what he said. A lot of what he said would have been perfectly fine, except for the part about "the most diabolical lies" which was a very stupid line and gave everything else a different weight to it.
Did you hear the whole thing in context? I don’t think you did.

That society is telling them diabolical lies. Woman is simply a state of mind and careers are more important than family.

Well, he certainly didn't tie the ideas together like that. He didn't explicitly say what the lies were, he just started talking about women having careers and then told an anecdote about life not starting until a woman has a family. I don't even care what you think about religion and politics, it's a pretty insensitive thing to say when 1 out of 5 women have fertility problems.

Well, he certainly didn't tie the ideas together like that. He didn't explicitly say what the lies were, he just started talking about women having careers and then told an anecdote about life not starting until a woman has a family. I don't even care what you think about religion and politics, it's a pretty insensitive thing to say when 1 out of 5 women have fertility problems.
Imagine the gall of the dude! Gets invited to a CONSERVATIVE CATHOLIC commencement and doesn't run his speech by the woke. You don't have to spit out babies to have a family. There's adoption and foster care...if they even want children. He did say "most"...that's not ALL unless you're arguing for style points. But totally ignoring the 4/5 is safe...so leave them in silence. ;)

Imagine the gall of the dude! Gets invited to a CONSERVATIVE CATHOLIC commencement and doesn't run his speech by the woke. You don't have to spit out babies to have a family. There's adoption and foster care...if they even want children. He did say "most"...that's not ALL unless you're arguing for style points. But totally ignoring the 4/5 is safe...so leave them in silence. ;)

Again, I'm not mad at him. I'm just telling the truth about what he said when you didn't.

Look, it took my wife and I 7 years of trying to have a baby. It ****ed her up. She comes from a religious background where everybody has this same attitude, and there is basically no recognition that this isn't the cards for some people (adopt? OK, let me get $40k and take whatever genetics the kid's parents had. It's such a simple solution). She heard this line a million x, and so have a million other women, and don't be surprised when their response is STFU, you know?

Jesus didn't say any of this, right? It's y'all. As far as I know, God just said replenish the earth. He didn't say it's the highest calling or anything. Hell, maybe he was only saying that to the first two people to get this thing started. Maybe he doesn't think that anymore now that we're up to 7B. 😄

Again, I'm not mad at him. I'm just telling the truth about what he said when you didn't.

Look, it took my wife and I 7 years of trying to have a baby. It ****ed her up. She comes from a religious background where everybody has this same attitude, and there is basically no recognition that this isn't the cards for some people (adopt? OK, let me get $40k and take whatever genetics the kid's parents had. It's such a simple solution). She heard this line a million x, and so have a million other women, and don't be surprised when their response is STFU, you know?

Jesus didn't say any of this, right? It's y'all. As far as I know, God just said replenish the earth. He didn't say it's the highest calling or anything. Hell, maybe he was only saying that to the first two people to get this thing started. Maybe he doesn't think that anymore now that we're up to 7B. 😄
Lot of words just to say “Please don’t respond to my clever memes.” 😎 Be honest, you didn’t want a RESPONSE…you wanted to PREACH, sans all the Jesus bs. Your grand solution is nobody state their beliefs even if if they were formally invited because a segment take it upon themselves to FIND offense. Back to my original statement. I never see the pious outrage when far more conservative rhetoric bordering if not outright declaring the silence and subservience of women to men gets uttered. But that’s PROTECTED by CULTURE…as in non-Judeo Christian isn’t it Huff & Puff? Use Allah and MSNBC goes stone silent.

Nobody's allowed to have an opinion?

Bro, you know the people who didn't like it were never gonna boo, right? Not in that crowd.
The right people can. Others need to be silenced and their mind washed at the mere thoughts. Remember Biden’s failed Department of Information attempt? Couldn’t even call it out on Twitter…pre-Elon. The Soy would label it “misinformation”. 😅

Nobody's allowed to have an opinion?

Bro, you know the people who didn't like it were never gonna boo, right? Not in that crowd.
They can have an opinion, but signing petitions to get him let go by the Chiefs or kicked out of the league or whatever is ridiculous. This shouldn't be news or even a conversation.

She comes from a religious background where everybody has this same attitude,

So our religious background is Mormon. I go to my kid's preschool graduation this morning and a Dad walks in with 4 kids and a BYU Baseball shirt. So I'm wondering who in the class is a Mormon? All the kids said what they want be when they grow up (my daughter said florist). One girl said "a Mom" and that ended the mystery. 😄

"Don't really care." used to have a lot less involved. :cool:

VN Store

Back