2023 Target List

#1 question to any recruit before investing time/effort into them; do you have a dream school where you always wanted to play? If the answer is offering them, walk away and focus elsewhere.

updated…**On3 composite ranking because they have no On3 ranking**

#21 JP Estrella-OV taken & UOV
#35 Andrej Stojakovic
#45 Coen Carr-OV taken
#60 Freddie Dilione-OV taken

#61 Elmarko Jackson
#67 Cody Williams
#70 Gehrig Normand-OV scheduled
#81 Braelon Green-OV scheduled
#90 Silas Demary Jr.-OV taken & UOV
#138 CADE PHILLIPS-COMMITTED TO UT

#142 Michael Nwoko
#146 Keanu Dawes
**#118**Cameron Barnes
NR Amani Hansberry
NR Jared Hall-UOV
NR Davin Cosby Jr.

Like Kennedy Chandler and Duke

Kennedy said Duke was like a dream school, not Duke was his dream school. But even so, yes. Winning a hundred bucks on a scratch ticket doesn't mean it's a good idea to keep investing in the tickets. Our track record in landing these "dream school is a blue blood" when said blue blood is hotly pursuing players isn't great to say the least. Time and expenses can likely be spent for the better in other directions than on guys like that.

We’ve had 5 5-stars in 4 years… who cares if we missed out on some big names. I hope Barnes keeps going for them. It’s not like he’s only recruiting 1-2 players a class… I would rather go after big names and miss than not try at all
💯 agree. You’re gonna hit and miss. But It’s really all about how they fit into this system anyway. Can’t wait to see JJJ, Nk and squad put it on em this year!!

Iowa folks seem optimistic but I think that’s just because of the fact Duke is out, I would think Syracuse is probably the biggest competition but I don’t know that for sure.
No recent optimism from our side, though? That has to be a bit concerning. Losing this kid to Iowa would be pretty deflating. Syracuse, I kind of get it with their history and proximity, but even then, they've been an also-ran in the ACC for several years, now (double-digit losses in 7 of the last 8 years), despite some surprising success in the NCAAT relative to the regular season record. They are 40 games over .500, but have two S16s and F4 over the last 7 years. We are 69 games over .500, but only have the one S16 to show for it.

No recent optimism from our side, though? That has to be a bit concerning. Losing this kid to Iowa would be pretty deflating. Syracuse, I kind of get it with their history and proximity, but even then, they've been an also-ran in the ACC for several years, now (double-digit losses in 7 of the last 8 years), despite some surprising success in the NCAAT relative to the regular season record. They are 40 games over .500, but have two S16s and F4 over the last 7 years. We are 69 games over .500, but only have the one S16 to show for it.
Wasn’t meaning Tennessee doesn’t feel optimistic, haven’t heard from anyone about Estrella in a bit…I was just saying that from boards/Twitter that Iowa folks seemed to have some optimism but I think that just stems from the idea of Duke not being involved, not necessarily that they lead.

Estrella would be a major pick up and help bill the sting of losing Edwards. Hope our staff goes all in and devotes as much time watching him the next few weeks/months as they did for Edwards.
Well AAU is over so that ship has kinda sailed, however Barnes saw a lot of him the final weekend and didn’t bothered watching Edwards once.

Iowa folks seem optimistic but I think that’s just because of the fact Duke is out, I would think Syracuse is probably the biggest competition but I don’t know that for sure.

In no order whatsoever: Iowa, Kansas, Syracuse, Marquette, and UT.

That could change obviously, but those are the schools I hear the most about in regards to Estrella.

In no order whatsoever: Iowa, Kansas, Syracuse, Marquette, and UT.

That could change obviously, but those are the schools I hear the most about in regards to Estrella.
My thought process with Kansas is they haven’t pursued him any harder than Duke did and were also late to the party, if that was enough to eliminate Duke it also should have Kansas. And he also doesn’t have a visit scheduled for there while he does for Iowa and Syracuse upcoming, just my thought process.

Reactions: Lankykong

VN Store

Back