2023 Target List

He’s had a 7 figure deal from Tennessee all along, Tennessee may have upped it though, idk…the talk is he plans to announce the Monday after Peach Jam, the 25th.
Right. Didn't mean to insinuate the NIL deal was new news. By all accounts, Julian Phillips received a 7-figire deal, so it only stands to reason that Edwards does, as well. Just relaying it the talk on Basilio in real time for those who may not follow things that closely.

He also just mentioned the Graf posting. Also noted that Graf changed his prediction from Tennessee to UK, yesterday, but then acknowledged the post where Graf spoke of Tennessee talking with Edwards last night and feeling very confident.

Could be Jullian Phillips 2.0 where everyone thought he was going to Auburn until the last minute.

I was looking through the updated basketball roster. Who is Alec Kegler? Looking at all his stats and everything he seems like a solid walk on!

I just want Justin Edwards in general. If it’s in 2023, great! We lose a lot and could use him next year probably more than this year. If it’s 2022…..look out. That’s a lot of mouths to feed with how experienced our roster is. It would be reaaaaaaallyyyy interesting to see how Barnes handles minutes between JJJ/Phillips/Edwards/ORN/Aidoo/Plavsic.

Reactions: berryvol
I just want Justin Edwards in general. If it’s in 2023, great! We lose a lot and could use him next year probably more than this year. If it’s 2022…..look out. That’s a lot of mouths to feed with how experienced our roster is. It would be reaaaaaaallyyyy interesting to see how Barnes handles minutes between JJJ/Phillips/Edwards/ORN/Aidoo/Plavsic.
It would probably be, on paper, the most talented roster we’ve had in a very long time.

It would probably be, on paper, the most talented roster we’ve had in a very long time.

Oh no doubt. It would be an INSANE roster. It could even catapult us to being a pre-season Top 5 team. But, I would have concerns on how we’d balance all of the talent we’d have. Some guys would inevitably be unhappy with their playing time.

Wondering if maybe it's a possible Edwards reclass? 👀
That's possible, but I'd lean against it being him for a couple reasons.

1.) Edwards would be walking into a crowded SF position with SR Josiah-Jordan James and FR Julian Phillips (among others) already occupying that position. It would take some creative lineups to get all those guys adequate PT.

2.) BTO posted that nugget immediately following a Freddie Dilione update.

3.) BTO also had just posed a possible reclass suggestion for Ahmad Nowell from 2024 to 2023 to team up with Edwards. He's a current teammate of Edwards at Imhotep Charter School. Seems odd to float that idea if Edwards were then considering a reclass to 2022 from 2023.

That's possible, but I'd lean against it being him for a couple reasons.

1.) Edwards would be walking into a crowded SF position with SR Josiah-Jordan James and FR Julian Phillips (among others) already occupying that position. It would take some creative lineups to get all those guys adequate PT.

2.) BTO posted that nugget immediately following a Freddie Dilione update.

3.) BTO also had just posed a possible reclass suggestion for Ahmad Nowell from 2024 to 2023 to team up with Edwards. He's a current teammate of Edwards at Imhotep Charter School. Seems odd to float that idea if Edwards were then considering a reclass to 2022 from 2023.

Yeah I don’t think it’s Edwards. Too crowded of an SF/PF room. Not enough minutes to go around. We need an extra PG for 2022 if anything.

Courtesy of @Cosmo Kramer

Travis Graf:

“Tennessee feels good about their chances with Freddie Dilione, and so do I. Close to putting in a FutureCast for him to UT, but want to have a couple of more conversations.”

“Next update is next month. He’ll be well taken care of. 35 could be too cautious, too. Could go higher. He’s arguably a top 25 guy. Hard to find better scorers in this class.”

Bringing the Dilione talk over here.

Interesting on Dilione is that I see him referred to as a PG a lot, and he even refers to himself as a 1. Maybe his reclass is related to his ability to contribute at the lead guard spot.

I’d feel a lot better about this team’s chance to make a Final Four if we had another lead guard to split time with ZZ that was a true 1, and looks like Dillone might be just the answer.

VN Store

Back