2023 Target List

I mean this honestly, because following basketball, baseball, and football recruiting things can get hazy. But, who is the last guy we beat Kentucky head to head for? Was it Chandler? And by head to head I mean last two or three teams not Kentucky being one of 10 teams in the mix.

I mean this honestly, because following basketball, baseball, and football recruiting things can get hazy. But, who is the last guy we beat Kentucky head to head for? Was it Chandler? And by head to head I mean last two or three teams not Kentucky being one of 10 teams in the mix.
Chandler, but again we had a tie there a bit obviously…it’s why Kentucky side felt confident when they went all in on him, Cal doesn’t miss much then.

Chandler, but again we had a tie there a bit obviously…it’s why Kentucky side felt confident when they went all in on him, Cal doesn’t miss much then.

Yeah, feels like we never beat out Kentucky for head to head prospects they actually want. Disappointing, but that’s why they are Kentucky. Kids just want to go there, and I’m sure Kentucky is focusing their NIL efforts in basketball if their football recruiting efforts in 2023 have been any indication.

Bumping to keep towards the front

updated…**On3 composite ranking because they have no On3 ranking**

#13 Justin Edwards-OV taken
#21 JP Estrella-OV taken & UOV

#35 Andrej Stojakovic
#45 Coen Carr-OV scheduled
#60 Freddie Dilione-OV taken

#61 Elmarko Jackson
#67 Cody Williams
#70 Gehrig Normand
#81 Braelon Green-OV scheduled
#90 Silas Demary Jr.-UOV & OV scheduled
#93 Aiden Holloway-OV taken & UOV
#138 CADE PHILLIPS-COMMITTED TO UT

#142 Michael Nwoko
#146 Keanu Dawes
**#118**Cameron Barnes
NR Brandon Rechsteiner
NR Amani Hansberry
NR Jared Hall-UOV

Missing on Edwards really puts a damper on things for now, but this class could still be special if we land Estrella/Carr/Dillone to go with Phillips. Unless Estrella moves up a few spots it might be the first class in awhile without a 5-star, but it also might be the most talented class to not be a threat for a one-and-done season. Having those 4 guys together for at least 2 years would be huge.

Reactions: berryvol
Missing on Edwards really puts a damper on things for now, but this class could still be special if we land Estrella/Carr/Dillone to go with Phillips. Unless Estrella moves up a few spots it might be the first class in awhile without a 5-star, but it also might be the most talented class to not be a threat for a one-and-done season. Having those 4 guys together for at least 2 years would be huge.
Dilione is gonna be a fringe 5 star…I would be super excited about a Demary/Dilione/Carr/Phillips fall class. That’s 4 guys who are almost certainly multi-year guys, but 3 of which are likely Top ~50.

Did JE just commit somewhere and I miss it?

Oh I thought he asked who we have just gone head to head with Kentucky on. Not who we got.

Maybe now we know why Jamie Shaw didn't automatically change his prediction from Tennessee to Auburn when he acknowledged that UK was still a legitimate threat for a player Cal really wanted.

Curiously, Shaw seems to have edited that article from 6/29 to remove the statement that reads, "I may give Auburn a slight edge..." to instead read, "If Auburn gets a player on an official visit, they can be tough", which seems pretty bush league that he wouldn't just own it and instead choose to edit the article two weeks later.

Aside from that, we probably should have learned our lesson from the Cason Wallace recruitment, last year, as UK is involved. It's always cup check season in Tennessee. #cupson

Basilio discussing Edwards on his show, right now.

•Says Tennessee/Spyre as a 7-figure offer to Edwards.
•Says that 6 weeks ago, he was all Tennessee.
•Says he has pushed his announcement back to the back end of the Peach Jam rather than the front end, where it was believed he would announce.

Basilio discussing Edwards on his show, right now.

•Says Tennessee/Spyre as a 7-figure offer to Edwards.
•Says that 6 weeks ago, he was all Tennessee.
•Says he has pushed his announcement back to the back end of the Peach Jam rather than the front end, where it was believed he would announce.
He’s had a 7 figure deal from Tennessee all along, Tennessee may have upped it though, idk…the talk is he plans to announce the Monday after Peach Jam, the 25th.

VN Store

Back