2023 Target List

Updated target list, using On3 ranking…**On3 composite ranking because they have no On3 ranking**

#16 JP Estrella-COMMITTED TO UT
#50 Freddie Dilione-COMMITED TO UT
#61 Silas Demary Jr.-OV taken & UOV
#91 Davin Cosby Jr.-OV scheduled
**#106** CADE PHILLIPS-COMMITTED TO UT

**#122**Cameron Barnes
NR Rueben Abuchi Chinyelu-OV taken
NR Jared Hall-UOV

George Washington III decommitted from Ohio State

This was said of him after he committed to Ohio State in 2021:
“The four-star shooting guard out of Kentucky will be able to play both spots in the backcourt at the next level, and he’s a very reliable shooter from three-point range who can also create for his teammates.”

If he can be a legitimate PG and is pretty good from three, do we take him if he wants to come here? Would we take him over Cosby? Rankings-wise, it’s close to a wash, but I like the fact that he could play some point guard (assuming that’s not a stretch).

Last edited:
This was said of him after he committed to Ohio State in 2021:
“The four-star shooting guard out of Kentucky will be able to play both spots in the backcourt at the next level, and he’s a very reliable shooter from three-point range who can also create for his teammates.”

If he can be a legitimate PG and is pretty good from three, do we take him if he wants to come here? Would we take him over Cosby? Rankings-wise, it’s close to a wash, but I like the fact that he could play some point guard (assuming that’s not a stretch).
Don’t think we’ll get involved, Dilione is also a CG, GW3 has also steadily been falling in the rankings.

PG - GW3, 6'2
SG - Dilione, 6'4
SG/SF - Cosby, 6'5
PF - Chinyelu
C - Estrella

6th man - Phillips

I could see it working. I say take him. Take everyone

Reactions: Volfan1000
PG - GW3, 6'2
SG - Dilione, 6'4
SG/SF - Cosby, 6'5
PF - Chinyelu
C - Estrella

6th man - Phillips

I could see it working. I say take him. Take everyone

Assuming we land Chinyelu and Cosby, which is a biiiiiig assumption, I would prefer to keep the 6th slot open for an impact transfer personally. I think to survive in the new era of college basketball, recruiting high school players is important, but you’re going to need to supplement that with 1-2 instant impact guys each off-season.

Phillips and Cosby are talented but raw and likely won’t be major contributors the first year or two. I don’t think I’d want to add a 3rd guy who will need time. That’s just my opinion though. I just think the last 1-2 spots should be kept open for the portal.

Assuming we land Chinyelu and Cosby, which is a biiiiiig assumption, I would prefer to keep the 6th slot open for an impact transfer personally. I think to survive in the new era of college basketball, recruiting high school players is important, but you’re going to need to supplement that with 1-2 instant impact guys each off-season.

Phillips and Cosby are talented but raw and likely won’t be major contributors the first year or two. I don’t think I’d want to add a 3rd guy who will need time. That’s just my opinion though. I just think the last 1-2 spots should be kept open for the portal.
Strikes me that the portal transfers happen over the summer so there’s no need to hold open scholarships? Basically, we have guys going into the portal each year looking for more PT and we can choose to replace those spots with other guys from the portal or HS guys. Only reason I can think of to hold open a scholarship is for a mid season signing like we had with Vescovi

VN Store

Back