2023 Target List

@cncchris33 this is the big man, VQ just put his name out there so I won’t keep it a secret any longer, thought this might excite you!

IS ANOTHER 'OSCAR TSHIEBWE' ON THE WAY?
11188342.jpg
(Photo: Travis Branham, 247Sports)

Another prospect who broke out at the NBA Academy Games this week was Rueben Chinyelu, a center prospect who measured 6-foot-11 in shoes with a near 7-foot-8 (!) wingspan and a near 9-foot-4 standing reach.

Chinyelu has a strong and physical 245-pound frame and is a powerful athlete with explosiveness and plays with a high motor and tremendous energy.

The attitude he brings to the game is infectious to all those around him from his teammates to his coaches. He does lack an offensive skillset but he knows who he is, he rebounds, defends, sets screens and wreaks havoc in the paint with a nose for the ball.

His game and demeanor resembles that of reigning Player of the Year - Oscar Tshiebwe - and when comparing the two at the same stage of high school, Chinyelu is even further ahead than where Tshiebwe was entering his senior year.

After six games and a championship under his belt, Chinyelu scored a total of 59-points to go along with an equal 59-rebounds (21-offensive).

His efforts were further proven with a head-to-head matchup with Top-25 2023 big man Ugonna Kingsley in which Chinyelu scored nine-points but gobbled up 12-rebounds.

@cncchris33 this is the big man, VQ just put his name out there so I won’t keep it a secret any longer, thought this might excite you!

11188342.jpg

Another prospect who broke out at the NBA Academy Games this week was Rueben Chinyelu, a center prospect who measured 6-foot-11 in shoes with a near 7-foot-8 (!) wingspan and a near 9-foot-4 standing reach.

Chinyelu has a strong and physical 245-pound frame and is a powerful athlete with explosiveness and plays with a high motor and tremendous energy.

The attitude he brings to the game is infectious to all those around him from his teammates to his coaches. He does lack an offensive skillset but he knows who he is, he rebounds, defends, sets screens and wreaks havoc in the paint with a nose for the ball.

His game and demeanor resembles that of reigning Player of the Year - Oscar Tshiebwe - and when comparing the two at the same stage of high school, Chinyelu is even further ahead than where Tshiebwe was entering his senior year.

After six games and a championship under his belt, Chinyelu scored a total of 59-points to go along with an equal 59-rebounds (21-offensive).

His efforts were further proven with a head-to-head matchup with Top-25 2023 big man Ugonna Kingsley in which Chinyelu scored nine-points but gobbled up 12-rebounds.

Any idea what the interest level is like? And are there any connections/relationships in play?

Any idea what the interest level is like? And are there any connections/relationships in play?
If they are bringing him in on an OV then they want him, not any relationships I’m aware of other than Polinsky & McDonald having the international and NBA Academy connections.

11188342.jpg

26832d7667128ae2f5ac3dbcde0483a8.gif

11188342.jpg

What, specifically, did VQ have to say about him?

based of tape he seems to be handje tamba raw offensively, but if those measurables are correct then he's a take. taller/ longer Clint Capela.

Yea, his offense at this point is dunks.

I mean, I have been begging for a post-player that looks to dunk. The number of times I have seen Uros try and lay a ball in the basket from 1-2 feet is mind boggling. If we get this guy and he just crashes the board and looks to posterize people whenever we miss a shot, that’s all I want. It’s not like Tshiebwe does much else. That is literally all we need from a guy like this.

11188342.jpg

I will allow it.

I mean, I have been begging for a post-player that looks to dunk. The number of times I have seen Uros try and lay a ball in the basket from 1-2 feet is mind boggling. If we get this guy and he just crashes the board and looks to posterize people whenever we miss a shot, that’s all I want. It’s not like Tshiebwe does much else. That is literally all we need from a guy like this.
Tshiebwe has extended his range to out to 12-15', but he rarely uses it, and quite honestly, if he's shooting 15-footers, he's not around the basket where he does his best work. So yeah, if he rebounds like Tshiebwe, and scores under the basket like Tshiebwe, I can't ask for more.

Tshiebwe has extended his range to out to 12-15', but he rarely uses it, and quite honestly, if he's shooting 15-footers, he's not around the basket where he does his best work. So yeah, if he rebounds like Tshiebwe, and scores under the basket like Tshiebwe, I can't ask for more.
3 years ago in FIBA U16 games he averaged 12.3ppg 17.6rpg 2.0bpg, because of COVID there were no 17 or 18 games for him….however he just made the Nigerian national team as a 18 year old which previously only Ugonna Kingsley had done. I don’t know how much, if at all that he will even play, but still a really impressive feat.

3 years ago in FIBA U16 games he averaged 12.3ppg 17.6rpg 2.0bpg, because of COVID there were no 17 or 18 games for him….however he just made the Nigerian national team as a 18 year old which previously only Ugonna Kingsley had done. I don’t know how much, if at all that he will even play, but still a really impressive feat.

So, realistically, what are the chances we land him according to your sources? Is he just a really well kept secret? Or are other programs after him, too?

VN Store

Back