2023 Target List

I know you are connected but Tennessee has never done that under Barnes, maybe an assistant alluded to that? But, even that I have a hard time believing. He has junior year OV’s still, and then all 5 senior OV’s, Tennessee expects him not to take any other visits? They watched Phillips go to Auburn and gladly took him, not buying that.

I know it's hard for some to believe that Barnes would ever do anything even remotely grimy, but recruiting is a dirty business. They are trying to put the pressure on him to go ahead and commit. Whether they would really pull his offer or not is a different story, but that is the message that was given to Estrella.

Also different players are recruited differently. Trying to glean anything about Estrella's recruitment from Phillips is pointless.

I know it's hard for some to believe that Barnes would ever do anything even remotely grimy, but recruiting is a dirty business. They are trying to put the pressure on him to go ahead and commit. Whether they would really pull his offer or not is a different story, but that is the message that was given to Estrella.

Also different players are recruited differently. Trying to glean anything about Estrella's recruitment from Phillips is pointless.
Saying “you’re our top post target, you take other visits and we will have to push for some other guys, we can’t wait around” is much different than “you take another visit and you don’t have a spot here”.

Saying “you’re our top post target, you take other visits and we will have to push for some other guys, we can’t wait around” is much different than “you take another visit and you don’t have a spot here”.

I'm well aware there is a difference. If it had been the former, I would have said they are pushing hard for Estrella to commit.

However, what I was told was the latter as it pertains to Duke (nothing about visits elsewhere and I didn't ask for anything further). Which I felt like my original post was very clear in stating what was conveyed to the kid.

You can choose to believe the kinder and gentler side of things if you want, but that isn't what I was told. My original post was basically the quote I was given on his recruitment. So it isn't like I misinterpreted or am putting some sort of spin on it.

I can't stand Puke. I hope that they drift into oblivion with Coach K leaving.

All the talent they're accumulating, it's not going to be an easy thing to do though. :mad:
It's like anything else. I remember when Syracuse was actually good at basketball.

Duke will still be Duke, but the Nick Saban of b ball isn't coming back. They won't be as good like before.

I'm well aware there is a difference. If it had been the former, I would have said they are pushing hard for Estrella to commit.

However, what I was told was the latter as it pertains to Duke (nothing about visits elsewhere and I didn't ask for anything further). Which I felt like my original post was very clear in stating what was conveyed to the kid.

You can choose to believe the kinder and gentler side of things if you want, but that isn't what I was told. My original post was basically the quote I was given on his recruitment. So it isn't like I misinterpreted or am putting some sort of spin on it.
Ahhh, so Tennessee said visit 350 other schools and no problem, but if you visit Duke you don’t have a spot here?! Got it.

updated…**On3 composite ranking because they have no On3 ranking**

#13 Justin Edwards-OV taken
#21 JP Estrella-OV taken & UOV

#35 Andrej Stojakovic
#45 Coen Carr-OV scheduled
#60 Freddie Dilione-OV taken

#61 Elmarko Jackson
#67 Cody Williams
#70 Gehrig Normand
#81 Braelon Green-OV scheduled
#90 Silas Demary Jr.
#93 Aiden Holloway-OV taken & UOV
#138 CADE PHILLIPS-COMMITTED TO UT
#142 Michael Nwoko

#146 Keanu Dawes
**#118**Cameron Barnes
NR Brandon Rechsteiner
NR Amani Hansberry
NR Jared Hall-UOV

Bolded Demary, Barnes is front and center for his first game today and didn’t realize he’s UOV here before…

#35 Andrej Stojakovic

#61 Elmarko Jackson
#67 Cody Williams
#70 Gehrig Normand
#90 Silas Demary Jr.
#93 Aiden Holloway-OV taken & UOV
#138 CADE PHILLIPS-COMMITTED TO UT
#142 Michael Nwoko

#146 Keanu Dawes
**#118**Cameron Barnes
NR Brandon Rechsteiner
NR Amani Hansberry
NR Jared Hall-UOV

Reactions: Volfan1000
In Rock Hill, SC at the adidas championships today.

Rick Barnes was courtside this morning watching 2023 target Freddie Dillone. Followed that up by watching Jaden Harris a 2024 wing from Salisbury, NC that is a prime target in that class.

Barnes is flying from here to Kansas City to watch Justin Edwards tonight.

On Wednesday Barnes was in Atlanta to watch JP Estrella at an UnderArmour event.

Just from tracking the head coach’s travel this week safe to say that Edwards, Dillone and Estrella are high on the list of priorities in this upcoming class.
- Rob Lewis

#35 Andrej Stojakovic

#61 Elmarko Jackson
#67 Cody Williams
#70 Gehrig Normand
#90 Silas Demary Jr.-UOV & OV scheduled