2023 Roster Turnover

I think the 4 most important players for the 2023 team are ZZ, Aidoo, Mashack, and Edwards. Could have guys with Covid years possibly returning like ON, Plavsic, etc. but those 4 guys need to develop and become our core for the future.

In addition, we need another skilled big man, 6' 9" or taller with good to very good offensive skills, and enough bulk to bang. We lost 20' 6" off the low post with Fulky, BHH and Tamba-(at least 5 fouls to give), and we saw what happened when our 3 pointers were not falling against MI.

Interesting interview with Coach Barnes on the Volquest Tennessee Football Page on You Tube.

Synopsis covers the Huntley-Hatfield situation and also how Barnes and his staff build the roster to compete at their best every year and he also talked about the retirement of Jay Wright.

Here’s the link to save from searching - enjoy!

If I were inclined to make assumptions based only on this interview I’d say BHH and handlers were high maintenance all season and it didn’t look like CRB was going to miss the drama

Last edited:
I feel like if Aidoo isn't starting next season, something has gone wrong with his development.
I think he should be starting next year. Uros is a serviceable player, but Aidoo's ceiling is much higher.

Next year I see Collins, Santi, Jo, ON, and Aidoo being the starters with ZZ, Key, Mashack, Powell, and Uros off the bench. That's also assuming Jo plays a lot of the 4 as well. Honestly I can see that team being as good as this year, just because of mostly internal improvement. ZZ, Jo, Santi, and Aidoo should be much improved (or keeping up how they played at the end of the season depending). Collins can help fill the void of Chandler, and Key could be a serious 6th man of the year candidate.

I think he should be starting next year. Uros is a serviceable player, but Aidoo's ceiling is much higher.

Next year I see Collins, Santi, Jo, ON, and Aidoo being the starters with ZZ, Key, Mashack, Powell, and Uros off the bench. That's also assuming Jo plays a lot of the 4 as well. Honestly I can see that team being as good as this year, just because of mostly internal improvement. ZZ, Jo, Santi, and Aidoo should be much improved (or keeping up how they played at the end of the season depending). Collins can help fill the void of Chandler, and Key could be a serious 6th man of the year candidate.

No Collins and Powell has jumped ship. Chandler’s shoes will be very difficult to fill.

Reactions: Willy14

VN Store

Back