2023 Recruiting

How does Tennessee not have a recruiting presence on the HS level when since 2020-2023 they have commitments from Justine Pissott, Sara Puckett, Karoline Striplin, Julian Hollingshead, Kaiya Wynn, Brooklynn Miles, and Nyla Brooks (2025)?
Just cause they aren’t signing players A,B,C, or D as you desire doesn’t change the fact they have outstanding young talent and prospects.
Julian??? Assuming you mean Jillian, and she came here through the portal and not from HS recruiting.

Your window of opportunity to play professionally gets smaller with each year. If both are Top 10 they are gone and rightfully so. Add playing overseas and they’ll make more than staying.

Playing overseas is a B. A very grinding lifestyle, nonstop travel and training, no close friends, no family. If I could make $100k+ and live the good life in Knoxville (heck, even Storrs or Columbia... ehhh strike Storrs), then I would much rather do that than EU or AUS. Plus after seeing what happened in Russia you have to be very careful chasing $ overseas.

Playing overseas is a B. A very grinding lifestyle, nonstop travel and training, no close friends, no family. If I could make $100k+ and live the good life in Knoxville (heck, even Storrs or Columbia... ehhh strike Storrs), then I would much rather do that than EU or AUS. Plus after seeing what happened in Russia you have to be very careful chasing $ overseas.

Absolutely a grind. Just like with any draft, another year and group of players making the jump which makes the bird in a hand or two in the bush. Some players use college as a platform of check the box to get to the next level. Not disagreeing on the Knoxville part, I just don't see a Top 10 projected player coming back.

My thoughts is Jordan Horston only comes back if Tamari can play again. I think she would be willing to come if she was getting NIL money similar to WNBA pay and Tamari could return to basketball. I don't see Rickea Jackson coming back unless the NIL was was totally extravagant. She can get some endorsements and play in the WNBA. Were going to be big players in the portal and I am of the belief we could have a couple players enter the portal.

How does Tennessee not have a recruiting presence on the HS level when since 2020-2023 they have commitments from Justine Pissott, Sara Puckett, Karoline Striplin, Julian Hollingshead, Kaiya Wynn, Brooklynn Miles, and Nyla Brooks (2025)?
Just cause they aren’t signing players A,B,C, or D as you desire doesn’t change the fact they have outstanding young talent and prospects.

Plus Salary who will be a nice player for Ole Miss eventually.

There is nothing wrong with our recruiting imo. I love the players we have.

We have some players that are great for their position. We seem to have to many players that are the same size and play the same position. We could really use a speedy two guard and really a better point guard even though Walker has really elevated her game. We have Wynn she has not been able to get a game together that will let her play.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We have some players that are great for their position. We seem to have to many players that are the same size and play the same position. We could really use a speedy two guard and really a better point guard even though Walker has really elevated her game. We have Wynn she has not been able to get a game together that will let her play.

Yeah I made a post about that recently. That is, imo, the only hole in our roster.

We need a speedy off ball player with no PG dreams whatsoever. Zoesha Smith from UGA body type but not quite that tall. That girl is fast and can move. Her potential is through the roof if you ask me, I think Coach Abe will have her looking like a different player next season.

Yes, and there are now several options for adding new players, with different levels of experience. A high school player may pick a college, for money or whatever reason, and it’s possible they’ll be in the portal the next year. There’s also international players. I believe UConn and others have several players from other countries. We have a very nice core of players and we’ll add to it, it’s just unknown from which option they’ll come.

Do the Lady Vol Coaches know of Lyndie’s interest?

I have written and sent videos, though I expect they receive hundreds of such correspondence weekly/daily.
Unaka isn’t in the top conference, but they have played most of the best teams from our area and elsewhere, with Lyndie often facing double/triple teams. Yet she’s averaging 29-plus points per game. And, while some might see her “skinny” frame as a disqualifier, as her health improves this gym rat will be more college-ready than most of her contemporaries. She is quick, athletic, smart (likely Valedictorian) and actually quite strong …not to mention unquestionably tough!

Lyndie is Special.

In the dictionary under speedy two guard is a picture of Wynn. She was a little behind in skill set but she is the best athlete on the team. We need to be patient there.

View attachment 531480
…missed it first time I was there.

jonah-hill-cut-it-out.gif

In the dictionary under speedy two guard is a picture of Wynn. She was a little behind in skill set but she is the best athlete on the team. We need to be patient there.

Could be a great player if she could develop the ability to hit 33% on 3s. Two guards must be a 3 point threat, not optional.

VN Store

Back