2023 Recruiting

Say a top freshmen hits transer portal after singing 100,000 to 250000 k a year gets half on signing agrees
to play for
x team leave for team y will she have give some green back?

Say a top freshmen hits transer portal after singing 100,000 to 250000 k a year gets half on signing agrees
to play for

This is actually an extremely good question. Only a matter of time before this comes up. Someone will get sued for transferring.

Sometimes couches has to pay money if they leave if you sign a deal for money that playing is saying there staying there. good contract some players will have pay back money.

to play for

I'd say any big NIL contract is structured with that in mind. If front-loaded and terms are breached, there could certainly be clawbacks in any of these deals. It would also be the business or collective suing the player so it would not look bad on the university.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Lady Vols appear to have an empty recruiting class while Unaka's Lyndie Ramsey is the leading scorer in the state at over 29 points per game.
It just doesn’t make sense why we have no presence at all in high school recruiting anymore. That article attempting to explain away why we have zero recruits came off as pure propaganda. So Kellie is betting on Horston and Jackson turning down the draft? I just looked at a mock draft and they’re both projected comfortably in the first round. There’s no way they come back. So I guess we’re going to be gambling on the portal again. I’m really worried about next year.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
How does Tennessee not have a recruiting presence on the HS level when since 2020-2023 they have commitments from Justine Pissott, Sara Puckett, Karoline Striplin, Julian Hollingshead, Kaiya Wynn, Brooklynn Miles, and Nyla Brooks (2025)?
Just cause they aren’t signing players A,B,C, or D as you desire doesn’t change the fact they have outstanding young talent and prospects.

It just doesn’t make sense why we have no presence at all in high school recruiting anymore. That article attempting to explain away why we have zero recruits came off as pure propaganda. So Kellie is betting on Horston and Jackson turning down the draft? I just looked at a mock draft and they’re both projected comfortably in the first round. There’s no way they come back. So I guess we’re going to be gambling on the portal again. I’m really worried about next year.

What article is that?

I'm hoping that Spyre can pay them more than the W.

I'm hoping that Spyre can pay them more than the W.
The WNBA is about 70000. I don't know if they will just want to go to that level to see if they can be great there or if 100 grand at Tennessee would make them wait a year to do so. Would be a lot to talk about all summer if team had Jackson, Horston, Key back from illness, and all the other players back. We might go out an get an elite point guard to go with Powell and would look really great with another summer of development. I'm not expecting Jackson to come back. Horston don't know. Key would come back or totally give up basketball.

How does Tennessee not have a recruiting presence on the HS level when since 2020-2023 they have commitments from Justine Pissott, Sara Puckett, Karoline Striplin, Julian Hollingshead, Kaiya Wynn, Brooklynn Miles, and Nyla Brooks (2025)?
Just cause they aren’t signing players A,B,C, or D as you desire doesn’t change the fact they have outstanding young talent and prospects.
I believe this is a member under a new name

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucy
The WNBA is about 70000. I don't know if they will just want to go to that level to see if they can be great there or if 100 grand at Tennessee would make them wait a year to do so. Would be a lot to talk about all summer if team had Jackson, Horston, Key back from illness, and all the other players back. We might go out a get an elite point guard to go with Powell and would look really great with another summer of development. I'm not expecting Jackson to come back. Horston don't know. Key would come back or totally give up basketball.
Your window of opportunity to play professionally gets smaller with each year. If both are Top 10 they are gone and rightfully so. Add playing overseas and they’ll make more than staying.

Last edited:
Your window of opportunity to play professionally gets smaller with each year. If both are Top 10 they are gone and rightfully so. Add playing overseas and they’ll make more than staying.
It'll depend on their projected draft picks. If staying a year gives them the chance at a lottery pick (which increases starting salary and significantly increases longevity in the league) it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider staying.

It'll depend on their projected draft picks. If staying a year gives them the chance at a lottery pick (which increases starting salary and significantly increases longevity in the league) it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider staying.
or stay another year, get hurt or get past by younger player offering up the same ability.

or stay another year, get hurt or get past by younger player offering up the same ability.
I mean, life's a gamble obviously. But if you intend to have a long career in the W, your draft stock matters. Rickea and Jordan will have good careers regardless of which pick they get, but hypothetically if someone's a projected 8th pick this year but could potentially go 3rd if they wait a season, it's not a bad idea.

Lady Vols appear to have an empty recruiting class while Unaka's Lyndie Ramsey is the leading scorer in the state at over 29 points per game.
Lyndie Ramsey would love to come to Knoxville to play for the Lady Vols because it has always been a dream of hers. Thank you for even talking about our girl , Lyndie.

VN Store

Back