2023 Recruiting

How would this signing look for a player like Mulasia Fulwiley ? Seems like Talaysia Cooper , Muhlasia and Jah play the same position or are the same types of players.

Cooper and Fulwiley are similar but Jah is a SF/Wing type player and hardly think any of them would overlap regardless. SC is losing some perimeter players so they actually need Fulwiley and landing Jah is huge. She’s the perfect replacement for Brea Beal.

I think some on this board don’t understand how these NIL deals work in most states and cities. It’s the cities and areas where a school is. Tennessee literally offers some of the most lucrative, across the board deals for all female athletes that there are in the entire country regardless of sport. The recruits know this. Why is this not recognized here? Also, these kids can get the deals they want no matter where they go. It rarely depends on the school for the top kids. They can get $100k to $1million dollar deals in high school BEFORE they pick a school and regardless of where they go. Also, there is very little incentive in women’s basketball to steer a player anywhere on the AAU or summer prep circuit. Literally none. I’ve coached girls recruited by Pat Summit, Geno, Kim, everyone, and no one has ever offered me money. It just makes the fan bases look stupid and petty to think this is rampant in women’s ball or the reason a recruit was lost. . There is no incentive like in the men’s game. NONE. There are plenty of other reasons and negative recruiting is legit, but money doesn’t mean much in girls recruiting. The coaches and families will rarely see a dime, and they know this.
Maybe before , but im convinced that's about the change in the womens game. Certain school's will be able to offer more and know its all apart of the bidding war the NCAA has approved smh. Getting 100K to 1 Million before they pick a school is mainly for rare talents or #1 recruits who those company's are invested in for sure. Players on the lower end wont get NIL offers that even touch those from most top schools . Player ranked #1 - SC offers 100K per year in NIL versus Player ranked #77 - SC offers 25K per year in NIL . The investment is the biggest situation . Does anyone know if NIL deals can be adjusted throughout a players career based on performance ?

I think some on this board don’t understand how these NIL deals work in most states and cities. It’s the cities and areas where a school is. Tennessee literally offers some of the most lucrative, across the board deals for all female athletes that there are in the entire country regardless of sport. The recruits know this. Why is this not recognized here? Also, these kids can get the deals they want no matter where they go. It rarely depends on the school for the top kids. They can get $100k to $1million dollar deals in high school BEFORE they pick a school and regardless of where they go. Also, there is very little incentive in women’s basketball to steer a player anywhere on the AAU or summer prep circuit. Literally none. I’ve coached girls recruited by Pat Summit, Geno, Kim, everyone, and no one has ever offered me money. It just makes the fan bases look stupid and petty to think this is rampant in women’s ball or the reason a recruit was lost. . There is no incentive like in the men’s game. NONE. There are plenty of other reasons and negative recruiting is legit, but money doesn’t mean much in girls recruiting. The coaches and families will rarely see a dime, and they know this.

I sort of agree but I can tell you just because you haven't been offered money doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. What it sounds like is that those coaches had some credibility to them.

While it doesn't mean much we have seen parents offered jobs to land their kids or AAU coaches get offered jobs to help bring kids with them. It's not illegal but it is another way to lure athletes to specific programs.

All in all I wish we had a commit but this year's team is gonna be fun to watch. The best part is the major pieces could all return if they wanted 😃

Reactions: LadyOrange
How would this signing look for a player like Mulasia Fulwiley ? Seems like Talaysia Cooper , Muhlasia and Jah play the same position or are the same types of players.
They have Raven with four years left she would probably play some behind her. Cooper will be the replacement for Cooke and really don't know how Jah fits in guess she could play the two and Cooper the three.

Kansans are incredibly loyal to their state.
If we lose another battle with a recruit and to Kansas or Oklahoma im going to scream seriously .Coach sam was brought in to get recruits back interested in which she's done , but we are not closing the deal somewhere in the transaction with these players . Wait let me not jump to conclusions yet sorry guys.

If we lose another battle with a recruit and to Kansas or Oklahoma im going to scream seriously .Coach sam was brought in to get recruits back interested in which she's done , but we are not closing the deal somewhere in the transaction with these players . Wait let me not jump to conclusions yet sorry guys.
Agreed!!! They should be in line for a chance to wear Lady Vol gear!! Kellie...Fix it!!!!

Absolutely can’t reveal my source, or I’ll be cut off. I can say this. If you are 17 and people in your home state pressure you to stay, it makes it hard to decide where you will play.

Also, concerning another recruit, pictures don’t always tell the real story.
Feel bad for these girls!

JMO if Smya was close to committing to Kansas she probably wouldn't be so silent as she is right now. Now if she is close to committing to Tennessee she would want to wait to right at signing day so she doesn't have to hear it for three weeks from the locals. After she signs the locals will go away. I know Kansas is the instate school that she is considering, but if she wants to play against the best teams in the country Tennessee is the choice. Kansas is never going to be able to recruit well enough to be better than middle of the Big 12. She may go to Kansas, but if she does she is going there because she wants to be close to home and not at all concerned about competing for Championships. Tennessee is going to compete for Championships and it starts this season. We may have to go portal again all were waiting on now is what Smya and ADR decide to do. We may be going full blown four from the portal or only two. That depends on their decision and we would love to have both of them join the family. If for some reason they decide not to Coach Kellie and Coach Williams will find some elite players that want to be here just like Jillian Hollingshead, Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Powell, and Jasmine Franklin. That is a top five recruiting class in any year. Yes they will be out there next year in the portal and every year after that cause you can't promise players more than you can deliver and to many coaches are doing that these days. Some of them like Jillian and Jasmine Powell will have more than one year of eligibility and we will eventually break through again in high school recruiting just have to win and show them where the program is headed.

Somebody ain’t doing something right we are getting visits but aren’t closing the deals that’s the head coaches job..

VN Store

Back