2023 Recruiting

25 more days and then you have the early signing week. A lot is going to happen in the next three weeks. We will finally get a lot of answers be they good or bad.

Her mom Latonya Williams discussed her decision about her commitment. Mentioned massive NIL deal (100K and other local deals), stay close home to family and they grew up LSU folks. That said I don’t think she goes to LSU if Fargas was still there.

She was always going to play for Kim as she had been going to Baylor for years before she left for LSU but they did everything to make sure she stayed home.

Supposedly she was down to Duke and LSU. Lawson is a heck of a recruiter. The jury is still out as of now as a HC but she has really been working it on the recruiting trail

Hmmm interesting tid bit of info. Thanks for the heads up if factual , my only question that's kind of confusing me is how could LSU offer massive NIL deal 100K and other local deals for her to stay close to LSU then state you dont think she goes there though if fargas is still there. When fargas was there NIL was not yet legal . Unless im reading this wrong. IF so i apologize but could you please clarify that portion ? If she goes to Duke i will be okay with that decision. It's not the SEC or a school of threatening matter at the moment.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Hmmm interesting tid bit of info. Thanks for the heads up if factual , my only question that's kind of confusing me is how could LSU offer massive NIL deal 100K and other local deals for her to stay close to LSU then state you dont think she goes there though if fargas is still there. When fargas was there NIL was not yet legal . Unless im reading this wrong. IF so i apologize but could you please clarify that portion ? If she goes to Duke i will be okay with that decision. It's not the SEC or a school of threatening matter at the moment.
I took that to mean that those NIL deals are there bc of Mulkey. If Fargas was the current coach, the deal wouldn't have been offered because the money wouldn't be available.

I took that to mean that those NIL deals are there bc of Mulkey. If Fargas was the current coach, the deal wouldn't have been offered because the money wouldn't be available.
Ahhhhhh got it thank you for the clarification genuinely . Yeah kim has a lot more backing and boosters in LSU than fargas ever got . Makes since.

Saw her play a couple times she has a great handle and is really quick excellent passer. She played on the same team as Samuels just as good a player easily. 45 may be low for her might be a top 25 player.
How would this signing look for a player like Mulasia Fulwiley ? Seems like Talaysia Cooper , Muhlasia and Jah play the same position or are the same types of players.

How would this signing look for a player like Mulasia Fulwiley ? Seems like Talaysia Cooper , Muhlasia and Jah play the same position or are the same types of players.
when there were defined positions,, that mattered,,,today with undefined positions you could run all five spots with SF's

I think some on this board don’t understand how these NIL deals work in most states and cities. It’s the cities and areas where a school is. Tennessee literally offers some of the most lucrative, across the board deals for all female athletes that there are in the entire country regardless of sport. The recruits know this. Why is this not recognized here? Also, these kids can get the deals they want no matter where they go. It rarely depends on the school for the top kids. They can get $100k to $1million dollar deals in high school BEFORE they pick a school and regardless of where they go. Also, there is very little incentive in women’s basketball to steer a player anywhere on the AAU or summer prep circuit. Literally none. I’ve coached girls recruited by Pat Summit, Geno, Kim, everyone, and no one has ever offered me money. It just makes the fan bases look stupid and petty to think this is rampant in women’s ball or the reason a recruit was lost. . There is no incentive like in the men’s game. NONE. There are plenty of other reasons and negative recruiting is legit, but money doesn’t mean much in girls recruiting. The coaches and families will rarely see a dime, and they know this.

VN Store

Back