2023 Recruiting

They are not a package deal. They’ve never been. That has been perpetuated by fans, not themselves. Could they go to the same school, sure, but it’s not a foregone conclusion.

I don't think they were every a package deal but I imagine both would be excited to play together potentially in college. I just worry about what LSU is offering NIL money wise. They swooped in and got Angel Reese and company with some very large figures.

It'll come down to the wire. She could very well go to LSU and play college with Velez. Or she very well could come to TN and build on the momentum this program has going. I don't know if either would surprise me at this point.

I’ve been focused on showing open mindedness. I see the logic but not necessarily the doubt. Coach Williams, Coach Joy, and Coach Harper has recently won recruiting battles. It doesn’t matter if the player was 17, 19, or 21, they were recruited to play for TN and most have sign to join Rocky Top.
Coach Harper has won some big prizes on the recruiting trail and age differences CAN’T negate that fact regardless of how it’s presented.
In the case of recruiting, Tennessee focused in on targets and as a result ended up in the list of multiple players Top 4 or 5 schools. Some have signed elsewhere in the class 22, 23, & 24. The remaining targets based on reports are said to be leaning to other schools.
Here’s my take: I expect TN to sign 3 or 4 HS players from the class of ‘23. I believe two will be highly rated players and the remaining one or two prospects will have offers but not the high 4 or 5 star rankings. I’m okay with that. Look at Brooklyn Miles. She was Miss Kentucky basketball but not ranked by ESPN Hoopgurlz out of HS. Another example is the freshman from DePaul was an all-American and not highly ranked out of HS.
Miles won SEC FR of the Week honors and proved to be one of the best backup PGs in the SEC. I think this season she will be even better and eventually a starter.
TN will also sign at-least 1 highly recruited player out of the transfer portal.
Possibly to fill a need in the front court alongside Hollingshead, Striplin, Puckett and the class ‘23 signee(s). Things are a lot better than they might seem on paper for the future.

They are not a package deal. They’ve never been. That has been perpetuated by fans, not themselves. Could they go to the same school, sure, but it’s not a foregone conclusion.

Mtsu…. You are exactly right! I am the one starting the “Wanting to play together “. I got this notion from some fans watching them and just talking to the fans ! There was no parent , coach or anyone with any authority to suggest this premise to be accurate ! Now Aalyah may very well go to LSU. or SC, but she may come to UT ? I saw Kellie at one of their games and I am sure there were other coaches watching because I know some of them also …….

But if Rosario was at a football game this weekend ! Then that tells me she is still deciding….. can’t argue with that ! If she has already given a verbal then why come here for a game ? 🤷‍♂️ We obviously still have a shot …….Just Saying

Reactions: mcannon1
But if Rosario was at a football game this weekend ! Then that tells me she is still deciding….. can’t argue with that ! If she has already given a verbal then why come here for a game ? 🤷‍♂️ We obviously still have a shot …….Just Saying

You do have recruits who still use their recruitment to get spoiled or she maybe wanted to see her friends on the current TN team right down the road? Now I don't think that is the case IMO but it does happen. It definitely happens during football recruiting but I have yet to see WBB recruiting get to that point yet. I think it would not be kind for any recruit to have committed then use another school to get lavished. Rosario doesn't seem like that kind of kid though. I think the closest recruit I have ever seen to the one mentioned above would be Esmery Martinez. Her and handlers mislead multiple schools and took advantage of a lot of things.

It seems apparent Rosario is really close with T. Key.

The pic containing the prospective student athlete‘s hairline was removed from thread above on this message board—despite it being so irrelevant that it’s the last place you would go for that. Again, no one signed yesterday. You stand corrected whether you like or not. Good grief! Put a keyboard in some poster’s hands is like giving a case of beer and a set of car keys to an alcoholic.
Corrected? Lolololololol.... It doesnt matter one way or the other in the big picture most of the time , but keep telling oneself it does and it will be true. Comical.

You do have recruits who still use their recruitment to get spoiled or she maybe wanted to see her friends on the current TN team right down the road? Now I don't think that is the case IMO but it does happen. It definitely happens during football recruiting but I have yet to see WBB recruiting get to that point yet. I think it would not be kind for any recruit to have committed then use another school to get lavished. Rosario doesn't seem like that kind of kid though. I think the closest recruit I have ever seen to the one mentioned above would be Esmery Martinez. Her and handlers mislead multiple schools and took advantage of a lot of things.

It seems apparent Rosario is really close with T. Key.
I agree about handlers, and I feel a little hopeful because I think she was accompanied by someone from Webb School and not her handler, so fingers crossed 🤞🏻

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I’ve been focused on showing open mindedness. I see the logic but not necessarily the doubt. Coach Williams, Coach Joy, and Coach Harper has recently won recruiting battles. It doesn’t matter if the player was 17, 19, or 21, they were recruited to play for TN and most have sign to join Rocky Top.
Coach Harper has won some big prizes on the recruiting trail and age differences CAN’T negate that fact regardless of how it’s presented.
In the case of recruiting, Tennessee focused in on targets and as a result ended up in the list of multiple players Top 4 or 5 schools. Some have signed elsewhere in the class 22, 23, & 24. The remaining targets based on reports are said to be leaning to other schools.
Here’s my take: I expect TN to sign 3 or 4 HS players from the class of ‘23. I believe two will be highly rated players and the remaining one or two prospects will have offers but not the high 4 or 5 star rankings. I’m okay with that. Look at Brooklyn Miles. She was Miss Kentucky basketball but not ranked by ESPN Hoopgurlz out of HS. Another example is the freshman from DePaul was an all-American and not highly ranked out of HS.
Miles won SEC FR of the Week honors and proved to be one of the best backup PGs in the SEC. I think this season she will be even better and eventually a starter.
TN will also sign at-least 1 highly recruited player out of the transfer portal.
Possibly to fill a need in the front court alongside Hollingshead, Striplin, Puckett and the class ‘23 signee(s). Things are a lot better than they might seem on paper for the future.
I also remember your old posts saying Coach Harper has 3 or 4 silent commits

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Can someone speak to ADR’s game and maybe a player comparison? Same for Nichols

I have watched her several times last year ….
She will usually try and post up low on offense . But in high school very few can match up to her size. They will double her and sometimes triple team her , pushing, holding, and flopping to try and draw fouls . She can go to both sides of the rim but she’s a righty and likes that side predominately. About a 70% foul shooter and will take the 10 ft. Shot but not usually. On defense she is aggressive and does comit too many fouls . Most teams will try and pull her out to guard outside the lane …. Which she can do as long as the person is not quicker than her! She can guard bigs outside but not guards/small forwards. Keeps rebounds high most of the time but does get tied up a lot with multiple players grabbing her arms/ball to try and take the ball away ! She is ranked #8 overall by hoopgurlz for 2023 . I hope this helps ? Reminds me of Mercedes without bad feet and more mobility. JMO

Sucks that people come here put stuff out in the universe as if they are in the know and then when it all comes crumbling its like "i was just going off fan talk etc....." smh credibility shot.

Yea, there have been a few who posted for weeks that four/five recruits were almost certain locks for Tennessee. It was all the usual nonsense. Notice how Jumper hasn't been around much lately....and there are others. This thread surely sets a record for most posts relative to number of commitments. 137 PAGES of '23 recruiting posts and ZERO commitments.

Yea, there have been a few who posted for weeks that four/five recruits were almost certain locks for Tennessee. It was all the usual nonsense. Notice how Jumper hasn't been around much lately....and there are others. This thread surely sets a record for most posts relative to number of commitments. 137 PAGES of '23 recruiting posts and ZERO commitments.
Yes at this point this board is just about rumors with no credible or reliable resources. When i see "Im confident , or im very sure about these 2" i literally roll my eyes no one here knows anything or have any insight to the staff's plans.

All of you nega Vols need to stop the negativity!
It’s well known that recruits read this forum…

Everyone here is speculating and hoping about our future Lady Vols! Since Kellie took over the people close to the program , who would leak information, has stopped . I point out Justine Pissott , who gave her verbal before anyone here knew her name ! But still you nega Vols we’re all over her #35 ranking as not up to UT standards …. Then she moved up to #11 ranking and all we heard was crickets…

Now we have FOUR AA PLAYERS …… and instead of posting positives ….. It’s all about how long must we suffer without high school recruits! And On and On and On ….. Geeezzz
Let’s give the negatives a rest ! It’s about one month before November signing loi… if we are still without a high school recruit ? Then come back out of your caves and continue with your blah blah 😒

It’s well known that recruits read this forum…

For sure. Why, we've seen that stated here many times over many years. No further proof is necessary. A number of fans say, without ever bothering with picky little details like factual evidence, that recruits read this forum. There you have it. It must be true. I read it on a fan forum.
:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, back in the real world…. It is possible that some recruits do read fan forums, including this one. Why would they do that? I don't know. The teenagers I know aren't particularly interested in the opinions of generally much older college sports fans, but there may be exceptions.

Reactions: olddog
Everything is fine.....
8e3d9f0f-f6c5-4026-b362-f5c4e4416ae6_1140x641.jpg

I have watched her several times last year ….
She will usually try and post up low on offense . But in high school very few can match up to her size. They will double her and sometimes triple team her , pushing, holding, and flopping to try and draw fouls . She can go to both sides of the rim but she’s a righty and likes that side predominately. About a 70% foul shooter and will take the 10 ft. Shot but not usually. On defense she is aggressive and does comit too many fouls . Most teams will try and pull her out to guard outside the lane …. Which she can do as long as the person is not quicker than her! She can guard bigs outside but not guards/small forwards. Keeps rebounds high most of the time but does get tied up a lot with multiple players grabbing her arms/ball to try and take the ball away ! She is ranked #8 overall by hoopgurlz for 2023 . I hope this helps ? Reminds me of Mercedes without bad feet and more mobility. JMO

This is perfect for me. Is she agile around the basket? Can she put the ball on the floor? Is she an upgrade offensively to TK? Defensively? Mind you I think if she comes she gets solid minutes as a freshman but by her junior year the floor is hers. Do you see a high ceiling?

Reactions: chuckiepoo and PRG
Meanwhile, back in the real world…. It is possible that some recruits do read fan forums, including this one. Why would they do that? I don't know. The teenagers I know aren't particularly interested in the opinions of generally much older college sports fans, but there may be exceptions.

Well, this and all fan message boards exist for those who have the time and energy to pay a great deal of attention to what's happening in their favorite sports universe. Considering how kids today crave "likes" and "follows" like crack, it makes sense to me why they might enjoy all the attention they get on these boards. Yes, some of the attention can be negative, but for the most part I feel like it comes through loud and clear that people on this type of board want to cheer for them and lavish attention and time on them.

VN Store

Back