2023 Recruiting

It’s definitely a good sign she visited. Would be such a great get. I do wonder if she plans to visit LSU or SC one last time.

It’s definitely a good sign she visited. Would be such a great get. I do wonder if she plans to visit LSU or SC one last time.
Not sure how far SC is time wise from where she is at, Knoxville is pretty close so she can drive down on the weekends with ease whenever really. LSU she would have to fly or do a crazy long drive so doubtful she will visit again unless she committed there

yep bc everyone is going to a message board to sort out legalities...last place I would go for that.....I comprehend the difference just fine, but does it matter in the big picture???....If one predicts the likelihood of the other, how much does it matter.....either way the player will most likely lace up and play the following season and that to me is the bottom line

there have been many posts that indicate fans think the sky is falling around here..... Comprehend. Keeping scrolling.
The pic containing the prospective student athlete‘s hairline was removed from thread above on this message board—despite it being so irrelevant that it’s the last place you would go for that. Again, no one signed yesterday. You stand corrected whether you like or not. Good grief! Put a keyboard in some poster’s hands is like giving a case of beer and a set of car keys to an alcoholic.

The pic containing the prospective student athlete‘s hairline was removed from thread above on this message board—despite it being so irrelevant that it’s the last place you would go for that. Again, no one signed yesterday. You stand corrected whether you like or not. Good grief! Put a keyboard in some poster’s hands is like giving a case of beer and a set of car keys to an alcoholic.
That’s a really offensive comment. Being an alcoholic is no joke. Yea

Until I see Rocky Top is on the move..nothing has happened...

My thoughts exactly but its extremely encouraging to see her here. I do think she is good friends with some of the girls on the team so that probably helps. The girls are incredibly welcoming and respectful of all of the recruits they hosted. Even when Velez committed to LSU, all the Tennessee girls wished her the best of luck and the best. I like the culture we have right now and doing things the right way.

I just get worried this an A. Boston situation. Everyone pegged her as a UCONN lock, visited UCONN multiple times (more than any other school) and even visited them just a few days before eventually committing to South Carolina. Hopefully that isn't the case but as we all know recruiting is highly unpredictable. we can only hope the recruit believes in the vision the program is selling and the school itself.

I don’t keep up with other team’s roster’s. Did LSU need a point guard, was there immediate pg playing time available?

My thoughts exactly but its extremely encouraging to see her here. I do think she is good friends with some of the girls on the team so that probably helps. The girls are incredibly welcoming and respectful of all of the recruits they hosted. Even when Velez committed to LSU, all the Tennessee girls wished her the best of luck and the best. I like the culture we have right now and doing things the right way.

I just get worried this an A. Boston situation. Everyone pegged her as a UCONN lock, visited UCONN multiple times (more than any other school) and even visited them just a few days before eventually committing to South Carolina. Hopefully that isn't the case but as we all know recruiting is highly unpredictable. we can only hope the recruit believes in the vision the program is selling and the school itself.
2nd paragraph is exactly how i feel. We have now seen 3 recruits visit us a ten fold and go else where the following week. Johnson (UVA) , Booker *Still Awaiting* , Velez (LSU)

I don’t keep up with other team’s roster’s. Did LSU need a point guard, was there immediate pg playing time available?
The back court of Velez , Flauje & Williams will be fireworks in a good and bad way but that's going to be a tough back court to beat heck may be the best in the country by the time they are juniors/seniors.

The back court of Velez , Flauje & Williams will be fireworks in a good and bad way but that's going to be a tough back court to beat heck may be the best in the country by the time they are juniors/seniors.
Thanks I guess my question was will Velez play quicker at LSU than UT?

Thanks I guess my question was will Velez play quicker at LSU than UT?
I did not mean to quote your post sorry . To answer she most likely will , the left over roster from Fargas is pretty much gone they need guards now . They have Morris returning to hold down the PG spot 1 more year then its Poole and Payne (if she takes the extra year) . Not bad players but not the same type of players on the level of Velez , Williams and Flaujae imo. If anything Pool should start to take the portal serious because these freshmen guards are going to take away her playing time. Interestingly enough she stuck around to join with Mulkey as a freshmen last season but the writings don't look good if she has not drastically improved this upcoming year.

Reactions: Lucy and 1reVOLver
LSU needs a point guard I think because Morris is done after this year. Williams isn't a PG but she will probably handle the ball often as she is a big scorer.

Quite frankly LSU, TN, I doubt Velez would play heavily year 1. She will eventually develop into a very good college player but she probably needs a year or so before moving into a big role. I could be wrong but that is my take on Velez. Freshmen have such steep learning curves, very few start out strong the gate.

Reactions: Lucy
Your negativity on every post regarding the Lady Vols makes me LOL.

You have me confused please point out all these negative posts.

The post you're replied to isn't even negative. I do hope she talked to Spyre. I hope she gets a great deal that keeps her in Knoxville.

Reactions: Hooper22
LSU needs a point guard I think because Morris is done after this year. Williams isn't a PG but she will probably handle the ball often as she is a big scorer.

Quite frankly LSU, TN, I doubt Velez would play heavily year 1. She will eventually develop into a very good college player but she probably needs a year or so before moving into a big role. I could be wrong but that is my take on Velez. Freshmen have such steep learning curves, very few start out strong the gate.
I Think Williams will start strong out of the gate. Can't remember a player of her caliber going to LSU since Seimone Augustus another freshmen and now legend from LSU who put the program on the map.

I am guessing that 25% means you have a 1 and 4 shot being picked considering rosario is down to 4 schools lol

My gut feeling is this comes down to LSU/TN. I believe she likes SC but her social media and interactions all seem to point to LSU/TN seem to have most of her interest.
Yes their fans do , but how do we know what interest the staff has shown over at SC or any type of interactions . Her recruitment has been as zip lipped as them all . So we are all grabbing for straws at this point looking for any small indicator to convince us.

Reactions: Ladyvolfan45
Yes their fans do , but how do we know what interest the staff has shown over at SC or any type of interactions . Her recruitment has been as zip lipped as them all . So we are all grabbing for straws at this point looking for any small indicator to convince us.

Welcome to recruiting haha. All fan bases do the same. LSU, SC and NC fans are prob doing the same like us. We all want to hope we can land a stout recruit. I do believe we will find out soon enough. Doubtful she drags this out through middle of October.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I am guessing that 25% means you have a 1 and 4 shot being picked considering rosario is down to 4 schools lol

My gut feeling is this comes down to LSU/TN. I believe she likes SC but her social media and interactions all seem to point to LSU/TN seem to have most of her interest.

I was thinking more like 75% LSU and 25% UT. This is based on our long-time thinking that she and Velez were a package deal. I didn't even think that LSU wanted Velez unless ADR was coming too. I think we still can get ADR but we would have to offer more NIL than LSU is offering.

VN Store

Back