2023 Recruiting

Just because it's been repeated doesn't mean it's true. My strong bet is that it's apocryphal, for the reasons stated above. No coach would do that. It sounds like something made up to burnish the myth of the steely PS.

And just because you don't believe it doesn't make it any less true LOL... i don't think CPS needs lies to strengthen her "steely" reputation.

She benched Candace parker at her home coming game, let tamika catchings have it about her lack of defense and didn't let up, kicked her best players out of practice, didn't allow the plane to land so she would have her baby in TN (while flying over VA). The stories we have been told are probably just the tip of the iceberg so i think her steely resolve is in tact with out a made up story 😂

Regardless, CPS is an all time great and whether she did do it or not ... whatever she did got Michelle to TN ! Have a good one 👍🏽

I think our staff are pretty picky as well. If something is off with the visit it may be us pulling back more often than not. From previous interviews it’s pretty clear this is a no promises staff. For some people that’s a deal breaker.

I know the pulling back is true ! In year 2022 , we were recruiting Karley Weathers ( from Loretto) and she had already visited and most thought she was a lock to commit. I was watching an early game to see what our new recruit was going to look like ! She is a pretty good player but I asked ( a reliable source) after the game and they said “ Tennessee was not recruiting her anymore!” They did not know why UT cooled on her but they basically stopped!!!!

Remember 2022 recruiting and all we got was just Justine …… Tennessee is picky and wants who they want and will not take a player even an in state player ! Just Saying

No Labor day announcements? Well, Kellie does still believe it will be 3 possibly 4 for 2023. I am sure the covid year is throwing a bit of a wrench into things. We still have a lot of players that could possibly return for their covid year. We do know 100% we have 2 spots open With Franklin and Walker running out of eligibility. Covering the court with Lady Vols Coach Kellie Harper

No Labor day announcements? Well, Kellie does still believe it will be 3 possibly 4 for 2023. I am sure the covid year is throwing a bit of a wrench into things. We still have a lot of players that could possibly return for their covid year. We do know 100% we have 2 spots open With Franklin and Walker running out of eligibility. Covering the court with Lady Vols Coach Kellie Harper
Hopefully the four that just visited recently Nichols, Booker, Velez and Del Rosario. If not them then we'll all be surprised if some others are the commits. It has happened before could happen again. We know that Jackson won't be back can feel fairly sure that Horston and Key are leaving as well. I could see Key hanging around if she fails to get drafted in the first round. With the strong draft this next season she could fall very close to the second round. I think both Jackson and Horston are top 10 picks.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hopefully the four that just visited recently Nichols, Booker, Velez and Del Rosario. If not them then we'll all be surprised if some others are the commits. It has happened before could happen again. We know that Jackson won't be back can feel fairly sure that Horston and Key are leaving as well. I could see Key hanging around if she fails to get drafted in the first round. With the strong draft this next season she could fall very close to the second round. I think both Jackson and Horston are top 10 picks.
I would love to have Tamari Back for a 5th year. She is a game changer in women's college basketball. The most prolific shot blocker in Tennessee women's basketball history and we have seen what she does against the other high-scoring posts around the country. Can't teach 6-6. She may not be as great of a scoring post as I would like, but I just don't see her going second round. I have a feeling this may be a breakout year on the offensive end for her actually just because it is going to be impossible for teams to lay off our perimeter players and double and triple team her for 40 minutes this year like they did last year.

I wish someone would post ? I don’t know how to tictoc?

Be thankful. According to urban legend, you have preserved your eyesight.*

Re: pulling back from Weathers, wasn't it being assumed at the time that Shade was coming here?

Re: the Snow recruiting story...in '99, Summitt have 5 or 6 titles while no one else had more than two. Also had appeared on SI cover as "The Wizard of Knoxville."

*if you really must know how to Tik-Tok:

It's just a hop to the left
and then a step to the right
Put your hands on your hips
And pull your knees up tight.

Be thankful. According to urban legend, you have preserved your eyesight.*

Re: pulling back from Weathers, wasn't it being assumed at the time that Shade was coming here?

Re: the Snow recruiting story...in '99, Summitt have 5 or 6 titles while no one else had more than two. Also had appeared on SI cover as "The Wizard of Knoxville."

*if you really must know how to Tik-Tok:

It's just a hop to the left
and then a step to the right
Put your hands on your hips
And pull your knees up tight.
Let's do the time warp again.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I would love to have Tamari Back for a 5th year. She is a game changer in women's college basketball. The most prolific shot blocker in Tennessee women's basketball history and we have seen what she does against the other high-scoring posts around the country. Can't teach 6-6. She may not be as great of a scoring post as I would like, but I just don't see her going second round. I have a feeling this may be a breakout year on the offensive end for her actually just because it is going to be impossible for teams to lay off our perimeter players and double and triple team her for 40 minutes this year like they did last year.
Yes I think she will hang in the first round, but I expect it to be past the tenth pick unless she does something amazing this season. With all the scorers we have I can see her being more of a third or fourth option. I do think she is potentially better than Mercedes Russell maybe WNBA scouts will see it that way even if she isn't a big scorer this season. A lot of super seniors this season looking forward to the season.

And just because you don't believe it doesn't make it any less true LOL... i don't think CPS needs lies to strengthen her "steely" reputation.

She benched Candace parker at her home coming game, let tamika catchings have it about her lack of defense and didn't let up, kicked her best players out of practice, didn't allow the plane to land so she would have her baby in TN (while flying over VA). The stories we have been told are probably just the tip of the iceberg so i think her steely resolve is in tact with out a made up story 😂

Regardless, CPS is an all time great and whether she did do it or not ... whatever she did got Michelle to TN ! Have a good one 👍🏽

You are confusing a coach cracking on players on her team with a coach cracking on someone who hasn't even committed to UT or any school. No coach demands that a prospect sign scholarship papers when she's not even committed. Nobody. It doesn't make any sense at all. It doesn't in the least ring true--but I get how the PS devotees want to believe it.

Reactions: Voluble2
You are confusing a coach cracking on players on her team with a coach cracking on someone who hasn't even committed to UT or any school. No coach demands that a prospect sign scholarship papers when she's not even committed. Nobody. It doesn't make any sense at all. It doesn't in the least ring true--but I get how the PS devotees want to believe it.

Given when this is reported to have happened it is not, IMO, impossible to believe that it did actually happen.

But if it did there was likely more to the story, like details of other conversations that had taken place long before that one. Say, for instance, Snow had already indicated before that she's 99% sure she wants to commit, and Pat had jokingly (or, perhaps, non-jokingly) replied back that she sure wished kids today could make up their minds and get on with it! And then a couple of months later the call during practice comes. I could see Pat having a moment of clarity where she knew very well that Michelle wanted to be a Lady Vol and decided in that moment that, perhaps, what Michelle wanted/needed to hear was how much PAT WANTED her to be a Lady Vol. So Pat may have perceived that was what that particular young woman needed.

It's not impossible to imagine that scenario. Then. Not now. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
I know the pulling back is true ! In year 2022 , we were recruiting Karley Weathers ( from Loretto) and she had already visited and most thought she was a lock to commit. I was watching an early game to see what our new recruit was going to look like ! She is a pretty good player but I asked ( a reliable source) after the game and they said “ Tennessee was not recruiting her anymore!” They did not know why UT cooled on her but they basically stopped!!!!

Remember 2022 recruiting and all we got was just Justine …… Tennessee is picky and wants who they want and will not take a player even an in state player ! Just Saying
Exactly.

Jackson said she might be up for a second year.

uh huh 👌🏾

They are in Baton Rouge this weekend , and we all know how Kim plays the recruiting game.
Well I think it's been said multiple times but if they are in fact a PACKAGE DEAL then it's between TN and LSU who is the better recruiter..... we will see

VN Store

Back