2023 Recruiting

The truth is, it doesn’t matter if Shade or Cambridge or any other top recruit doesn’t want to come to Tenn. Kellie has this program on the upswing and she is going to figure out how to get it done regardless. Players will be begging to play here and you will continue to struggle to invent new clever posts, memes and gifs to keep your life interesting while boring ours.
I'm thinking Kellie doesn't have a big NIL..backing her. There is only so much money to go around Obviously, the Shade girl got the phone call she was wanting on the plane back home...UConn. has no football program to speak of, so Geno has lots of money to work with!!.

How bizarre is this? She goes to UConn's game on an unofficial visit, leaves halfway through the 2nd half, and then...what? Commits on the plane? Seems that she made her decision right quick if other coaches were unfollowing her by the next morning. Strange...

What I heard of the story is that Shade and her dad left the UConn game early because she had a game the next day. Geno and CD flew Indiana to watch her game. Ashlyn committed after the game. Now whether Geno knew she was going to verbal or was just on a recruiting trip is a question.

I'm thinking Kellie doesn't have a big NIL..backing her. There is only so much money to go around Obviously, the Shade girl got the phone call she was wanting on the plane back home...UConn. has no football program to speak of, so Geno has lots of money to work with!!.
Why would you impugn the integrity of the young woman?

Justine Pissott's High School Girls Basketball Stats

Justine Pissott stats thus far in her career. She is a 38 percent career three point shooter. Having her worst three point season this year only 32 percent thus far. Last season she went for 44 percent. You could say that a lot more attention being applied to her this season.

Justine Pissott's High School Girls Basketball Stats

Justine Pissott stats thus far in her career. She is a 38 percent career three point shooter. Having her worst three point season this year only 32 percent thus far. Last season she went for 44 percent. You could say that a lot more attention being applied to her this season.
I will believe NO ONE is an effective 3 pt shooter ever again until I see them be consistently successful against SEC level competition. Certainly I hope this girl is "the one" but my poor ole heart been broken way too many times on this subject.

Why would you impugn the integrity of the young woman?
I mean at least Tennessee didn't get someone from the Knoxville media to say that they never offered Shade just hours after she committed or accused the former team of a recent transfer of some form medical malpractice against the transfer.

I will believe NO ONE is an effective 3 pt shooter ever again until I see them be consistently successful against SEC level competition. Certainly I hope this girl is "the one" but my poor ole heart been broken way too many times on this subject.
I can't remember anyone we have recruited in the last few years that was expected of being an effective three point shooter. I guess Darby and she is at 35 just does it with four in a game then 0 in a game. She is still 35 percent overall for all shots attempted.

I can't remember anyone we have recruited in the last few years that was expected of being an effective three point shooter. I guess Darby and she is at 35 just does it with four in a game then 0 in a game. She is still 35 percent overall for all shots attempted.
Really? BC I remember almost everyone we've recruited being the next 3 pt wonder. Latest was Striplin. Visit the past recruiting threads, you'll see what I mean. I have Courtney Dunbar Derangement Syndrome.

Really? BC I remember almost everyone we've recruited being the next 3 pt wonder. Latest was Striplin. Visit the past recruiting threads, you'll see what I mean. I have Courtney Dunbar Derangement Syndrome.
I don't think Striplin will ever take enough threes to be considered a three point wonder. I think she did ok with the 29 she took in high school percentage wise. Dunbar was decent from the three point she couldn't guard anybody well enough to even play. Puckett looks good still need more information on both her and Darby. Pissott is closing in on 500 attempts and 38 percent of course your right they have to prove it here.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

I don't recall Striplin was touted as a 3-point shooter. She's always been an inside player, as far as I know.

Volfan2012 quote "I can't remember anyone we have recruited in the last few years that was expected of being an effective three point shooter...."

Jessie Rennie was recruited to shoot 3s as was Darby.

Last edited:
I don't think Striplin will ever take enough threes to be considered a three point wonder. I think she did ok with the 29 she took in high school percentage wise. Dunbar was decent from the three point she couldn't guard anybody well enough to even play. Puckett looks good still need more information on both her and Darby. Pissott is closing in on 500 attempts and 38 percent of course your right they have to prove it here.
It's not that she couldn't guard anyone enough to play, I think her coaching staff at the time couldn't find ways to mask her defensive liabilities to have her on the floor. Tess isn't the best defender but Kellie finds ways to compensate for it because she knows the impact Tess can have on the offensive end when her shots are falling. I agree with everything else you stated though.

Jessie Rennie was recruited to shoot 3s as was Darby.
Yes but the kind of player you want to recruit to shoot threes is a player like Justine who can drive the basket, play excellent defense, rebound the entire game. Jessie not going to play much going forward. Tess is getting better she may evolve into more than a three point shooter.

It's not that she couldn't guard anyone enough to play, I think her coaching staff at the time couldn't find ways to mask her defensive liabilities to have her on the floor. Tess isn't the best defender but Kellie finds ways to compensate for it because she knows the impact Tess can have on the offensive end when her shots are falling. I agree with everything else you stated though.
Also to add to this Kortney (similar height/build to Tess) and a 4-star recruit also had the luxury of a 6-6 post player (although I think TK is more 6-8 than 6-6) in Mercedes Russell (although not quite the shot blocker as TK) she could've been used similar defensively to ensure that Kortney isn't a liability.

And when their careers are done at UT, Kellie would've gotten more out of TK, Jordan, Tess than the previous staff ever got out of Jamie, Mercedes, and Kortney imo. She already got more out of Kam, Rae, KK than the previous coaching staff. Which is why I am no longer caught up on top prospects because we are developing players for the first time in a long time.

Justine has worked on her perimeter defense
Tess has shown vast improvement on her perimeter D also

VN Store

Back