2023 Recruiting

As far as marketing goes I don't see any Twitter from something like LVWBB or UTWBB. Other schools have an official position that builds buzz on twitter and IG. To compare take a look at @UConnWBB on twitter and see how many official posts and videos are there. There is a FB page but it is really flat with little hype (besides the only people of FB are oldies like me)
tbh the person who runs our official twitter and instagram is so bland compared to SC and Uconn's social mediaperson

Reactions: LadyVol1908
I'm old and gray but I wonder how many university bound (non-athletes) select the schools they apply to based on the hip and witty social media responses. Probably very few.

Tomorrow the world will learn via social media the eleven universities a high school junior athlete has narrowed her choices to with a banner. AND I do believe that some of her choices will be based on hip and witty responses. I am also confortable that the message that a visiting athlete receives on her official or unofficial visit with the LVs is polished but also authentic.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I'm old and gray but I wonder how many university bound (non-athletes) select the schools they apply to based on the hip and witty social media responses. Probably very few.

Tomorrow the world will learn via social media the eleven universities a high school junior athlete has narrowed her choices to with a banner. AND I do believe that some of her choices will be based on hip and witty responses. I am also confortable that the message that a visiting athlete receives on her official or unofficial visit with the LVs is polished but also authentic.

You'd be surprise at the impact of social media in recruiting

Today's example of the impact of social media - a quote from ESPN re football coach who's remark brought condemination from social media participants.
"It's an old John McKay quote," Kelly told reporters in Tallahassee. "I was kidding. It was tongue-in-cheek. It wasn't funny? ... I was talking and making a joke about it. It was taken serious? Are you people crazy?"

Kelly's comment to ABC immediately generated strong reaction on social media.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I wonder if we could work with Volleyball and get Maggie Mendelson to take a visit here

She may have changed her mind but it was being said she is going to just focus on volleyball in college. Now that all can change and she may find the perfect balance and change her mind.

She may have changed her mind but it was being said she is going to just focus on volleyball in college. Now that all can change and she may find the perfect balance and change her mind.

I say go after her if she plays one sport great if she decides to play both fantastic! You never know

I say go after her if she plays one sport great if she decides to play both fantastic! You never know

Yea that might be the case. But i think Kellie is investing her time in 2-3 other top posts who def want to play ball in college

but if she can help and wants to play i'm here for it.

with many of these kids, if you aren't in on social media then you aren't in consideration. The age/era just changed we are in the NIL era now and followers and clicks mean a lot to these kids.

A university who doesn't help them in media is not one a big name will consider anymore. The schools that get it now have branding consultants as part of the staff.

listing LOI? And they make your top 12? for a 2023? She's too nice a player to be doing this. It looks to me like a kid concerned about their NIL and trying to build followers.
no this is her top 12 she just worded it funny she has all these offers on here

listing LOI? And they make your top 12? for a 2023? She's too nice a player to be doing this. It looks to me like a kid concerned about their NIL and trying to build followers.
Isn't one of the urban legends over at Boneyard is that Geno doesn't offer a recruit until she has made an official visit?

Last edited:
Isn't one of the urban legends over at Boneyard is that Geno doesn't offer a recruit until she has made an official visit?
You may be correct. I haven't heard that an official visit is a requirement at UConn although I don't doubt your statement. I do believe that UConn rarely offers early and their is quite a bit of vetting on players intangible qualities before an offer is made. I know that he doesn't offer with ratings services in consideration. I have read several quotes from him and CD that it is getting harder and harder to find players with the intangibles in place.

no this is her top 12 she just worded it funny she has all these offers on here
I get she is listing her top 12 but she said offers and interests. I do give her credit for honesty in stating interests. Too many players characterize LOI as an offer but there are many hurdles between LOI and NLI.

Page one of this thread

Recruitment thread sign in Nov 2022 Play in 2023
updated 9.10 to include new rating from juniors 23

VN Store

Back