2023 Recruiting

Good one Volfan2012: LMAO 😂 And they did offer her in 2020
She has been able in the last three or four years to do what Kentucky and North Carolina, Duke had going in the men's game for a good while getting whomever they wanted. UConn is still doing that as well. What happened in the men's game is that the pool of players got a lot deeper and that is starting to happen in the women's game as well. This means no matter who they and UConn get they are still going to get strong competition from a few more teams every year from here on out. Some teams will still do well enough in recruiting to challenge them. I am hoping we eventually get there. I think for certain LSU will.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked and i'm not dissing Rosario but won't cry if we don't get her... Matter of fact the LV have started following some other posts who seem to b just as imposing in this class and def 24👀
The fun of the off season will be the portal. I think we have to be hoping that there are effective post players there that we can get. Plus point guard two key positions to fill on next years team. I worry about 2023 when we find out how it is going to turn. I have to believe it will be Kellie's best class only time will tell.

Last edited:
The fun of the off season will be the portal. I think we have to hoping that there are effective post players there that we can get. Plus point guard two key positions to fill on next years team. I worry about 2023 when we find out how it is going to turn. I have to believe it will be Kellie's best class only time will tell.

Yes, yes it shall be 🍿😏

The fun of the off season will be the portal. I think we have to hoping that there are effective post players there that we can get. Plus point guard two key positions to fill on next years team. I worry about 2023 when we find out how it is going to turn. I have to believe it will be Kellie's best class only time will tell.

I agree and right now i think the Portal will be our best friend as for 2023 ? it`s a wait in see game.

Reviewed the website for Webb School at Bell Buckel for my own knowledge.

Tuiton is $44000. Webb touts that equivalent private schools are usually $60,000.

400 students are enrolled. Over half receive financial aid with the average aid package being $25,000.

I assume athletes are on some form of scholarship, which explains why kids from NJ would come to Tennessee for education

I would not read anything into Webb's location as favoring any particular school.

Her mom is very supportive of the team on social media. That leads me to think that she is encouraging Kaiya to be patient and keep improving. Tess got very limited minutes last year yet has seen a lot of action this season. Also, Kaiya has had several nagging injuries this year that has kept her out of games. We all hope to see her shine and make a big leap with her game. We really need her!
kelly said ankle could limit her playing time. hope its getter better.

When they left new Jersey and ended up that close to Nashville I thought there must be a deal in the works for Vanderbilt. Hard to understand why they ended up in Tennessee,

FYI here is an excerpt about what happened from the Tennessean:

Webb is a boarding school where students can decide whether to commute from their homes or live in dormitories on campus.
Velez and Del Rosario played at Trenton Catholic Academy a year ago. But when the school faced financial issues and potential closure, they chose to leave. The New Jersey private school eventually chose to stay open, but is now referred to as Trenton Catholic Prep School.
Several found out about Webb through former player Lashae Dwyer, who was a key cog to the Lady Feet's 2021 TSSAA title. Dwyer, who was from Canada, had played at Webb as a senior after Hamilton Heights in Chattanooga shut down its program.
"No one knew what the Webb School was a year ago," Shewmake said. "Then Lashae came. It was the same situation they had this year. Lashae's team, Hamilton Heights lost their girls team. They needed a place to go.
"Lashae is also Canadian, so those Canadian kids knew her. They were wanting to go to where Lashae played high school ball."
Both Velez and Del Rosario said they knew Dwyer and that helped point them to Webb.
"I heard about (Webb) from my AAU coach," Del Rosario said. "A girl that used to go to the school — Lashae — is really close to Angelica. I heard about it from them and decided to come to Webb."
Velez said Dwyer helped introduce her to Webb. However that rural setting is vastly different than playing in New Jersey.
She said at Webb she is surrounded by green grass. In New Jersey, she'd only have to walk a block or two to find a store for anything she needed.
And there are parts of Tennessee life she's not going to be part of like drinking sweet tea or listening to country music.
"It's definitely been an adjustment," Velez said. "I enjoy the trees and grass because in New York and New Jersey there is none of that.
"Being here has been a sacrifice, but it's been fun."

FYI here is an excerpt about what happened from the Tennessean:

Webb is a boarding school where students can decide whether to commute from their homes or live in dormitories on campus.
Velez and Del Rosario played at Trenton Catholic Academy a year ago. But when the school faced financial issues and potential closure, they chose to leave. The New Jersey private school eventually chose to stay open, but is now referred to as Trenton Catholic Prep School.
Several found out about Webb through former player Lashae Dwyer, who was a key cog to the Lady Feet's 2021 TSSAA title. Dwyer, who was from Canada, had played at Webb as a senior after Hamilton Heights in Chattanooga shut down its program.
"No one knew what the Webb School was a year ago," Shewmake said. "Then Lashae came. It was the same situation they had this year. Lashae's team, Hamilton Heights lost their girls team. They needed a place to go.
"Lashae is also Canadian, so those Canadian kids knew her. They were wanting to go to where Lashae played high school ball."
Both Velez and Del Rosario said they knew Dwyer and that helped point them to Webb.
"I heard about (Webb) from my AAU coach," Del Rosario said. "A girl that used to go to the school — Lashae — is really close to Angelica. I heard about it from them and decided to come to Webb."
Velez said Dwyer helped introduce her to Webb. However that rural setting is vastly different than playing in New Jersey.
She said at Webb she is surrounded by green grass. In New Jersey, she'd only have to walk a block or two to find a store for anything she needed.
And there are parts of Tennessee life she's not going to be part of like drinking sweet tea or listening to country music.
"It's definitely been an adjustment," Velez said. "I enjoy the trees and grass because in New York and New Jersey there is none of that.
"Being here has been a sacrifice, but it's been fun."

I have to believe there is more to the story. There are hundreds of private schools between NJ and Tenn. Most of them would scholarship either one of these players. It's not like Webb was their only option. This explains how they heard about Webb, but not really why they chose Webb. Velez is calling it a sacrifice. I must ask the question, what is the 'quid pro quo' of her sacrifice. I'm not insinuating anything improper. But if the reporter for the Tennessean thinks this is the story then need to retake journalism 101.

I have to believe there is more to the story. There are hundreds of private schools between NJ and Tenn. Most of them would scholarship either one of these players. It's not like Webb was their only option. This explains how they heard about Webb, but not really why they chose Webb. Velez is calling it a sacrifice. I must ask the question, what is the 'quid pro quo' of her sacrifice. I'm not insinuating anything improper. But if the reporter for the Tennessean thinks this is the story then need to retake journalism 101.

Being away from family as a highschooler is a sacrifice.

There is literally NOTHING in bell buckle that would just naturally draw their attention to that particular school. I do believe there is WAY more to the story than what is being told. None of my business really just find it a bit ODD they both would leave family, friends and a great basketball program to come all the way to bell buckle, a school that was practically none existent or unknown to many.

Now they have multiple D1 players on the roster. Hmmmmm

There is literally NOTHING in bell buckle that would just naturally draw their attention to that particular school. I do believe there is WAY more to the story than what is being told. None of my business really just find it a bit ODD they both would leave family, friends and a great basketball program to come all the way to bell buckle, a school that was practically none existent or unknown to many.

Rosario’s family moved to Nashville

Reactions: PRG and mcannon1

Ancient aliens have reemerged to establish an elite traveling team.

Rosario’s family moved to Nashville

I think posters should read and then understand what they are reading…..

1. Lashae Dwyer was a Canadian player at Hamilton Heights . The school shut down their BB program !
2. Coach Hunt helps her kids (players) find new schools to play at ….. Lashae Dwyer ( Canadian) stays in Tennessee and goes down the road to a new private school (Webb)…
3. Lashae Dwyer tells other players from Canada and Rosario and Velez about her new school Webb !
4. Summer and Bree from Canada come to Webb …
5. Rosario and Velez private school shuts down their BB program and they go to the school in Tennessee (Dwyer told them about ) !
6. Simple ; players talk to each other, their parents talk to each other !
7 . Our own Jordan Horston took official visits with Cooke and Jackson . Some thought they wanted to play together? They did not but OBVIOUSLY, these players and their parents know each other ….. “ They have met “!
Lastly …… it is NO SURPRISE that these players would end up at a certain school ? Why……. Because one of their friends gave them information about her experience’s!
As always…. JMO

I think posters should read and then understand what they are reading…..

1. Lashae Dwyer was a Canadian player at Hamilton Heights . The school shut down their BB program !
2. Coach Hunt helps her kids (players) find new schools to play at ….. Lashae Dwyer ( Canadian) stays in Tennessee and goes down the road to a new private school (Webb)…
3. Lashae Dwyer tells other players from Canada and Rosario and Velez about her new school Webb !
4. Summer and Bree from Canada come to Webb …
5. Rosario and Velez private school shuts down their BB program and they go to the school in Tennessee (Dwyer told them about ) !
6. Simple ; players talk to each other, their parents talk to each other !
7 . Our own Jordan Horston took official visits with Cooke and Jackson . Some thought they wanted to play together? They did not but OBVIOUSLY, these players and their parents know each other ….. “ They have met “!
Lastly …… it is NO SURPRISE that these players would end up at a certain school ? Why……. Because one of their friends gave them information about her experience’s!
As always…. JMO
Thank you for reiterating @Darth_Vol 's post. These are Jersey kids and Jersey kids are extremely loyal to Jersey. They have the opinion that the best high school basketball is played between Philly and the city. Do you have any idea how many friends would be encouraging them to play at their schools. They leave all their friends and teammates. Girls they dreamed of state and tournament championships with. How many top flight opponents said come to my school. Come to my AAU. You don't think Philly Rise was after them to play with Hannah Hidalgo, Justine, Ryanne Allen? If they want to continue to play at a Catholic private school there's St John-Vianney at 21-0. They could have dropped down the the DMV and played with Kiki Rice or at Azzi's old school. Nope there are too many options open to these two players to think one friend is enough to make the move to Bell Buckle Tennessee.

Thank you for reiterating @Darth_Vol 's post. These are Jersey kids and Jersey kids are extremely loyal to Jersey. They have the opinion that the best high school basketball is played between Philly and the city. Do you have any idea how many friends would be encouraging them to play at their schools. They leave all their friends and teammates. Girls they dreamed of state and tournament championships with. How many top flight opponents said come to my school. Come to my AAU. You don't think Philly Rise was after them to play with Hannah Hidalgo, Justine, Ryanne Allen? If they want to continue to play at a Catholic private school there's St John-Vianney at 21-0. They could have dropped down the the DMV and played with Kiki Rice or at Azzi's old school. Nope there are too many options open to these two players to think one friend is enough to make the move to Bell Buckle Tennessee.

Thanks for the information that you left out of your first post about the Jersey girls ! I have never been there or anywhere close to sports in that area . I often wondered about Justine being a Jersey girl and why Tennessee ?
I do know about playing basketball and the kids and parents do get together and seem to migrate towards players who want to play with each other ! I have seen it , and lived it , and coached it ….. so my analysis of why kids that knew each other and wanted to play with each other just made logical sense.
The insenuation of something underhanded or illegal going on ….. 🤔. You won’t get an argument from me because I have seen this also . The Webb school has 4 players from Canada , two from Jersey , one from the Bahamas and Santo Domingo, plus several Tennessee girls !
Two have given verbals to colleges of their choice and I see four more Juniors that will play college ball ! The school has a lllooooonnnnnggg, history of academics and their graduates can qualify for any college! They have a newer coach and some new administrators so there maybe something there ? But I do enjoy watching them play! Sorry if I stepped on your toes but the statement that a Canadian bb player knew some players in New Jersey made sense to me ? As always JMO 🤷‍♂️
P.S. please don’t use me and Darth in the same post …… I don’t want anyone getting the wrong impression about me !

VN Store

Back