2023 Recruiting

Please keep in mind how Rae played as a freshman when dissing KW. I hope she gets to stay on campus over the summer and work with Jordy a lot. When the game slows down for her she will be great,IMO.
I hope NOT but I almost see KW transferring or at least it wouldn't surprise me 😞

Reactions: Ovol
I hope NOT but I almost see KW transferring or at least it wouldn't surprise me 😞

I’d be surprised.. she seems to LOVE her teammates and truly be loved by them. Her mom is also very personable and supportive of the team. I think all the players truly get their roles and aren’t as pressed for immediate time as some may think .. some just want results long term for their careers and they see it here

I understand being enthusiastic about recruits. We hope that they will be the saviors that take us to the promised land. But have we not learned any lessons from being overly optimistic about recruits ?
Comparing a recruit to a Catchings or a McCoughtry is a recipe for disappointment.

See post 1,679 to see what i was talking about ... smdh

This is why i said we gotta be careful about how we word stuff or it turns into an attack😒

Not that yours was an attack whatsoever. But see how things get twisted around lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

While favoring free speech and opinions over restrictions on other boards (I believe the BY does not allow the t-word to be mentioned in speculative posts, only after official announcements), I personally wouldn't post such thoughts for one simple reason: it seems to fuel rumors. Seems that every time it comes up, someone asks, "What have you heard?" and then we're off to the races.

If someone is making public statements or posting dissatisfied comments on social media, that's one thing. But, IMO, nothing good will come from speculating about possible transfers, even when it's just an innocent remark as yours seems to be. Other posters' comments along those lines re: other players have appeared to be encouraging players to transfer.

I now regret posting comments this season about one player looking unhappy on the bench and when Kellie was talking to her. Someone rightfully pointed out to me that I was just reading things into facial expressions that might have nothing to do with the situation. Just saying that so you'll know that I'm not trying to judge your post too harshly...just saying that sometimes an innocent remark can end up leading to discussions we never intended.

I would just be sick. Kellie keeps giving her minutes. Hopefully she will stick with us!

Her mom is very supportive of the team on social media. That leads me to think that she is encouraging Kaiya to be patient and keep improving. Tess got very limited minutes last year yet has seen a lot of action this season. Also, Kaiya has had several nagging injuries this year that has kept her out of games. We all hope to see her shine and make a big leap with her game. We really need her!

Five-star guard Kaiya Wynn transfers to Foster

Hard to say what the situation is with Kaiya Wynn in her freshman season. She was a very solid player in high school hit about 30 percent of her three point shots and 71 percent at the line in her senior year at Foster. She was a player that could finish at the basket and spent a lot of time on the free throw line. Thus far at Tennessee she has struggled at the free throw line and from the field. I certainly wouldn't give up on her being a very good player for us and expect she will be working to correct whatever has went wrong when she gets in games this season. Nerves and yips can be a problem for some players when they feel a little overwhelmed by their new situation. Not a player in WCCB more athletic than she is just has to get the nerves and build the basketball skills and she will be fine.

Samuels has a committable offer meaning she could pick up the phone at anytime and be a Lady Vol. Not every player you see on our recruiting list has that kind of offer. I think with her like a lot of players in the past it is going to come down to three or four schools and hopefully unlike in the past we'll finally win one instead of just being a finalist.

Five-star guard Kaiya Wynn transfers to Foster

Hard to say what the situation is with Kaiya Wynn in her freshman season. She was a very solid player in high school hit about 30 percent of her three point shots and 71 percent at the line in her senior year at Foster. She was a player that could finish at the basket and spent a lot of time on the free throw line. Thus far at Tennessee she has struggled at the free throw line and from the field. I certainly wouldn't give up on her being a very good player for us and expect she will be working to correct whatever has went wrong when she gets in games this season. Nerves and yips can be a problem for some players when they feel a little overwhelmed by their new situation. Not a player in WCCB more athletic than she is just has to get the nerves and build the basketball skills and she will be fine.
Probably the yips combined with the speed of the game. She comes in and tries to do too much and maybe overthinking. I did notice that she doesn't have the best form on her jump shots or her FTs, so that probably doesn't help if she's not getting into a groove. I'd imagine in HS that she was taking a lot more shots as the star vs. being a supporting player. She reminds me a lot of Jasmine Jones in many ways. with regards to her strengths and weaknesses.

Samuels has a committable offer meaning she could pick up the phone at anytime and be a Lady Vol. Not every player you see on our recruiting list has that kind of offer. I think with her like a lot of players in the past it is going to come down to three or four schools and hopefully unlike in the past we'll finally win one instead of just being a finalist.

I knew there were different kinds of offers ! Can you explain the difference? Thanks

Interesting since Hoopgurlz has a top 60 and I don’t see her ? But she has a commitable offer ? That’s a 23 offer which is a little ways off but …. Coaches must think a lot about her !

I knew there were different kinds of offers ! Can you explain the difference? Thanks

Interesting since Hoopgurlz has a top 60 and I don’t see her ? But she has a commitable offer ? That’s a 23 offer which is a little ways off but …. Coaches must think a lot about her !
A committable offer is one where you are a high priority and you can commit at anytime you desire. A non committable offer is one where you tell the person you like them but you are still in the evaluation stage and not ready to make a committable offer. It means to the coach that you have other players that you like better, but could offer that player later on if or when the other players decide to go elsewhere. Your wanting to string the player along because you are waiting to see what others do. I can't look at the list and tell you which is which but I can assume some that might be non committable on our list. The reason I said Samuels has a committable offer is because Maria over at 247 said she did so I am taking her word for that as she is usually right on what is going on in recruiting most of the time. Maria says this player is underrated and should move up quickly based on how she played over the last year. She is on the top fifty list at Blue Star but not on Hoopgurlz top sixty.

A committable offer is one where you are a high priority and you can commit at anytime you desire. A non committable offer is one where you tell the person you like them but you are still in the evaluation stage and not ready to make a committable offer. It means to the coach that you have other players that you like better, but could offer that player later on if or when the other players decide to go elsewhere. Your wanting to string the player along because you are waiting to see what others do. I can't look at the list and tell you which is which but I can assume some that might be non committable on our list. The reason I said Samuels has a committable offer is because Maria over at 247 said she did so I am taking her word for that as she is usually right on what is going on in recruiting most of the time. Maria says this player is underrated and should move up quickly based on how she played over the last year. She is on the top fifty list at Blue Star but not on Hoopgurlz top sixty.

Thanks…,. So when you see players listed that we have offered ..,,. It could mean different types of offers ! If I was a recruit …. I don’t know how I would feel if they offered me but I need to wait and see ? I guess it is what it is ?

Sameulson is two years out ! And she has this type of offer …. I guess Kelly REALLY WANTS HER !

Thanks…,. So when you see players listed that we have offered ..,,. It could mean different types of offers ! If I was a recruit …. I don’t know how I would feel if they offered me but I need to wait and see ? I guess it is what it is ?
That is what Maria said over at 247 says some are committable and some are still being evaluated. She says Samuels is highly regarded by the coaching staff and can be a Lady Vol at anytime she desires to committ.

Sameulson is two years out ! And she has this type of offer …. I guess Kelly REALLY WANTS HER !
I don't think they ever actually offer just tell them you are high on our list and we'll keep in touch. Still evaluating players.

Thanks.,,, Any information on Rosario and Velez playing at Webb ? I will catch their District and Regional games to see how they have improved since I watched them at the beginning of the season . I could see Rosario as a definite need at 6’6”…., and Velez as a point guard! I have heard they want to play together! 🤷‍♂️

Thanks.,,, Any information on Rosario and Velez playing at Webb ? I will catch their District and Regional games to see how they have improved since I watched them at the beginning of the season . I could see Rosario as a definite need at 6’6”…., and Velez as a point guard! I have heard they want to play together! 🤷‍♂️
Last I heard on Rosario was that Arizona was the leader at this time. Velez would probably be a player that we liked but wanted to see what others did first. I believe Rosario definitely has a committable offer if she wanted to be a Lady Vol. I think she would be number one on our post player list.

Reactions: PRG
Last I heard on Rosario was that Arizona was the leader at this time. Velez would probably be a player that we liked but wanted to see what others did first. I believe Rosario is definitely has a committable offer if she wanted to be a Lady Vol. I think she would be number one on our post player list.

Both girls are from New York , Jersey area and playing in Tennessee !!!!!! I don’t think the distance to college would figure into their decisions ? So …. Education or Professional help would be the main factors? A degree from Webb …… that is a HIGH ACADEMIC SCHOOL! Just Saying!

Both girls are from New York , Jersey area and playing in Tennessee !!!!!! I don’t think the distance to college would figure into their decisions ? So …. Education or Professional help would be the main factors? A degree from Webb …… that is a HIGH ACADEMIC SCHOOL! Just Saying!
When they left new Jersey and ended up that close to Nashville I thought there must be a deal in the works for Vanderbilt. Hard to understand why they ended up in Tennessee, but whatever the reason hopefully even if it takes an offer to both to get them to Tennessee I would do it. Kellie and Assistants still spend a lot of time there at some games so guess were still in the picture until were not.

When they left new Jersey and ended up that close to Nashville I thought there must be a deal in the works for Vanderbilt. Hard to understand why they ended up in Tennessee, but whatever the reason hopefully even if it takes an offer to both to get them to Tennessee I would do it. Kellie and Assistants still spend a lot of time there at some games so guess were still in the picture until were not.

I was at the game of Webb verses Montverde! Kelly was sitting with Georgia coach on the seat below her and I was close enough to have a conversation with them …. But did not ! I am sure Kelly was there to watch Rosario and Velez ! There were more coaches there than I had seen at AAU TOURNAMENTS….

The Webb school is so rural that the stop signs have WHOA printed on them instead of stop !😈

Tuition at Webb is 60 K a year !
One parent told me their kid would be able to qualify to get into any college with a degree from Webb ….. just saying

Reactions: Volfan2012
I was at the game of Webb verses Montverde! Kelly was sitting with Georgia coach on the seat below her and I was close enough to have a conversation with them …. But did not ! I am sure Kelly was there to watch Rosario and Velez ! There were more coaches there than I had seen at AAU TOURNAMENTS….

The Webb school is so rural that the stop signs have WHOA printed on them instead of stop !😈
New Jersey to Tennessee I will be interested to see where they end up.

Last I heard on Rosario was that Arizona was the leader at this time. Velez would probably be a player that we liked but wanted to see what others did first. I believe Rosario definitely has a committable offer if she wanted to be a Lady Vol. I think she would be number one on our post player list.

Don`t be shocked if Rosario end up at SC just saying.

VN Store

Back