2023 Recruiting

Yes I’m speaking of High School and yes the portal saved a lot of fans from jumping off the bandwagon now let’s hope the chemistry is on point and keep the program on a upwards trajectory..

I've been a fan so was never on a bandwagon stuck with them through the mess they just went through. Never riding the bandwagon but still on the fanwagon.

No, I don’t remember when everybody thought a player was in the “bag”.
I do remember when Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Powell, Jasmine Franklin, and Julian Hollingshead committed there was some silence around here for a good bit of time.
When Justine started to climb the recruiting rankings and received All-American honors there was again a good bit of silence.
So when the next 4 recruits commit I believe the trend around here will continue and you’ll here more about who and what happened elsewhere as opposed to relevant discussions about the headlines of the #4 preseason ranked Lady Vols. Something must be working to have a full roster that’s stacked from top to bottom according to college basketball analysts.

......or maybe the message wasn't cryptic at all and meant exactly what it said. Stranger Things is a pretty popular show. I watched some of part 2 yesterday.

Yeah, I really don't understand the obsession about this. It's not unusual for this board to get itself worked up about some imaginary big news, but over a simple post about a streaming show. Maybe it's some super secret message, or maybe one of their big targets loves the show, who knows, but so what if that's the case? Does anyone here know that or can verify it? No? Well ... just ... c'mon. Settle down.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I can't blame recruits for wanting to take all their visits. I'm sure much of the time they are genuinely still up-in-the-air and weighing their decisions carefully based on research, lots of conversations and, finally, in-person immersion.

But I can honestly say that If I were a recruit down to my final choices, and if I had at some point decided that one or more of those schools had suddenly, for whatever reason(s), become places I DEFINITELY, 100% COULD NOT see myself going no matter what, I would want to save that school the time and great expense of hosting me.

If I'd had a highly-recruited top 5 player of a daughter who'd been offered by a certain coach whom I am certain any child with some of my DNA would not want to play for -- lol -- I would hope she would not waste their resources and let them know early on that she appreciated the offer but wanted to save them time and money and take herself off their radar.

Hopefully there aren't too many of the type of absolute precious resource-wasting "just for Insta pics" visits happening and kids are genuinely still at least tangentially considering everyone who is using their resources to court them, but I'm sure those things do happen sometimes.
I can't blame recruits for wanting to take all their visits. I'm sure much of the time they are genuinely still up-in-the-air and weighing their decisions carefully based on research, lots of conversations and, finally, in-person immersion.

But I can honestly say that If I were a recruit down to my final choices, and if I had at some point decided that one or more of those schools had suddenly, for whatever reason(s), become places I DEFINITELY, 100% COULD NOT see myself going no matter what, I would want to save that school the time and great expense of hosting me.

If I'd had a highly-recruited top 5 player of a daughter who'd been offered by a certain coach whom I am certain any child with some of my DNA would not want to play for -- lol -- I would hope she would not waste their resources and let them know early on that she appreciated the offer but wanted to save them time and money and take herself off their radar.

Hopefully there aren't too many of the type of absolute precious resource-wasting "just for Insta pics" visits happening and kids are genuinely still at least tangentially considering everyone who is using their resources to court them, but I'm sure those things do happen sometimes.
Talaysia Cooper is a recent recruit I can think of that was probably 95% committed to SC, but she came here for a last minute visit. She committed to SC a couple of days later. It actually happens more often than you might think.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Yeah, I really don't understand the obsession about this. It's not unusual for this board to get itself worked up about some imaginary big news, but over a simple post about a streaming show. Maybe it's some super secret message, or maybe one of their big targets loves the show, who knows, but so what if that's the case? Does anyone here know that or can verify it? No? Well ... just ... c'mon. Settle down.
It’s part of the athletic department marketing for all sports. It means something. It’s not an advertisement for the television series.

Probably just meant we had two visitors that day, not necessarily two commits.

It’s part of the athletic department marketing for all sports. It means something. It’s not an advertisement for the television series.
Yes, it was because it was an official release from the athletic department that made us crazier than usual, which is not what we needed.. Given how long it has been since we had a high school recruit commit, I can't imagine that they are purposely putting out fake news. Yes, it was the most common interpretation that it must be the two Webb recruits that just visited was the likely news, but it didn't have to be that. However, it should be about something regarding recruiting news and not about a tv show. It still could be and it just got delayed for some reason. In any case, I will own up to my O/C checking since the news release but they need to address the reason why they put out the new release. If they don't, next time they ask for donations I will make my check out to Bridgerton:p,

After my mistake, now I'm just an
george-kennedy-dirtydozen-4.jpg

I do remember when Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Powell, Jasmine Franklin, and Julian Hollingshead committed there was some silence around here for a good bit of time.
When Justine started to climb the recruiting rankings and received All-American honors there was again a good bit of silence.
So when the next 4 recruits commit I believe the trend around here will continue and you’ll here more about who and what happened elsewhere as opposed to relevant discussions about the headlines of the #4 preseason ranked Lady Vols. Something must be working to have a full roster that’s stacked from top to bottom according to college basketball analysts.

🍿 👀

We must get different feeds of this page. On my feed, the time around the huge successes of the portal this spring were very heavily discussed and celebrated. It was a huge amount of traffic for the offseason, almost all positive. Not silence at all! Maybe click off the "stir the pot and imagine a conspiracy" button and you'll be able to see the full feed.

Yes, it was because it was an official release from the athletic department that made us crazier than usual, which is not what we needed.. Given how long it has been since we had a high school recruit commit, I can't imagine that they are purposely putting out fake news. Yes, it was the most common interpretation that it must be the two Webb recruits that just visited was the likely news, but it didn't have to be that. However, it should be about something regarding recruiting news and not about a tv show. It still could be and it just got delayed for some reason. In any case, I will own up to my O/C checking since the news release but they need to address the reason why they put out the new release. If they don't, next time they ask for donations I will make my check out to Bridgerton:p,
I think it’s fine to get our hopes up! Check away!!!

I've been a fan so was never on a bandwagon stuck with them through the mess they just went through. Never riding the bandwagon but still on the fanwagon.
Agree, wasn’t remotely jumping off the bandwagon, and don’t think we’re alone in that. What mess, the injury mess? Especially with all the injuries, the season was extremely successful. Making our way up to #4 before the next injury hit was impressive.

We must get different feeds of this page. On my feed, the time around the huge successes of the portal this spring were very heavily discussed and celebrated. It was a huge amount of traffic for the offseason, almost all positive. Not silence at all! Maybe click off the "stir the pot and imagine a conspiracy" button and you'll be able to see the full feed.
You are spot on i was going say that but im so use to that person dumb comments i said forget it. the whole board went giddy when we got those players

Yes. it just starts feeling kind of pitiful when the expected new is not forthcoming.

What ELSE do you have to do? At least being pitiful takes up some of this excruciating off -season. I mean, I tried to coax a doctor friend to put me into an induced coma until November, but he refused. He said some ridiculous nonsense like, "You're insane" ... and "What are you smoking?" ... and "You really should get a life."

Tsk, tsk. 🤪

I don’t know what feed you get and I couldn’t care less about it. I meant what I said.. enjoyed my day yesterday and didn’t sit around waiting for the commitment of a 17 or 18 year old basketball player.

Last edited:
You are spot on i was going say that but im so use to that person dumb comments i said forget it. the whole board went giddy when we got those players

Get your feelings out of a message board. Check out the “likes” from my post compared to yours clown. I been around a lot less than you and I got more rank than you.

Get your feelings out of a message board. Check out the “likes” from my post compared to yours clown. I been around a lot less than you and I got more rank than you.
Sir/Ma’am…..you are SO annoying! Do you really believe the amount of “likes” you receive on a message board, validates us in any fashion?!

VN Store

Back