2022 U.S. Senate Races

Franklin Pierce

Trump promises to travel to Alaska to campaign against Murkowski

Former President Trump vowed to travel to Alaska to campaign against Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R) next year as she seeks reelection.

Murkowski, who first took office in 2002, has been a longtime critic of the former president and top GOP wild card in recent votes. She bucked her party this week by announcing she’d back Rep. Deb Haaland’s (D-N.M.) nomination to serve as Interior secretary, and she was one of seven Senate Republicans to vote to convict Trump in his impeachment trial last month.

She is the only one of the seven seeking reelection in 2022.

"I will not be endorsing, under any circumstances, the failed candidate from the great State of Alaska, Lisa Murkowski. She represents her state badly and her country even worse. I do not know where other people will be next year, but I know where I will be — in Alaska campaigning against a disloyal and very bad Senator," Trump said in a statement to The Hill. "Her vote to advance radical left democrat Deb Haaland for Secretary of the Interior is yet another example of Murkowski not standing up for Alaska."

The threat marks the latest indication that Trump plans to heavily insert himself into 2022 races across the country.

This has become the equivalent of Lucy yanking the football whenever Charlie Brown thinks he's going to actually kick it.

Reactions: tvolsfan

Former President Trump vowed to travel to Alaska to campaign against Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R) next year as she seeks reelection.

Murkowski, who first took office in 2002, has been a longtime critic of the former president and top GOP wild card in recent votes. She bucked her party this week by announcing she’d back Rep. Deb Haaland’s (D-N.M.) nomination to serve as Interior secretary, and she was one of seven Senate Republicans to vote to convict Trump in his impeachment trial last month.

"I will not be endorsing, under any circumstances, the failed candidate from the great State of Alaska, Lisa Murkowski. She represents her state badly and her country even worse. I do not know where other people will be next year, but I know where I will be — in Alaska campaigning against a disloyal and very bad Senator," Trump said in a statement to The Hill. "Her vote to advance radical left democrat Deb Haaland for Secretary of the Interior is yet another example of Murkowski not standing up for Alaska."

The threat marks the latest indication that Trump plans to heavily insert himself into 2022 races across the country.

This is pretty funny.... I doubt trump even knows where Alaska is.... Let alone understand how to campaign in Alaska.

This is pretty funny.... I doubt trump even knows where Alaska is.... Let alone understand how to campaign in Alaska.

Democrat Senate Campaign Arm Bests GOP in February Fundraising

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC), tasked with helping Democrats keep and expand their majority in the U.S. Senate, edged out the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) in February fundraising as both groups gear up for what is expected to be a contentious 2022 battle for majority status in the upper chamber.

The DSCC raised $7.2 million in February, compared to the NRSC’s $6.4 million garnered in the same time frame. The DSCC, per the Hill, entered March with $10.2 million in the bank.

Democrat Senate Campaign Arm Bests GOP in February Fundraising

Republican to Challenge Lisa Murkowski for Alaska Senate Seat

AP_19308756409847-640x480.jpg

A Republican candidate announced her plans Monday to run for the Alaska U.S. Senate seat held since 2002 by Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R).

“Kelly Tshibaka, who has led the Alaska Department of Administration since early 2019, in a statement said she is running ‘for the Alaskans who believe government is of the people, by the people, and for the people. The D.C. insiders need to be held accountable to us,'” the Associated Press (AP) reported.

Tshibaka’s (pictured) campaign website described her as conservative, pro-life, and pro-Second Amendment, with the slogan, “America First. Always.”

“Lisa Murkowski is so out of touch that she even voted to remove Donald Trump from office, even after he was already gone,” she said in a video shared to Facebook:

A Republican candidate announced her plans Monday to run for the Alaska U.S. Senate seat held since 2002 by Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R).

“Kelly Tshibaka, who has led the Alaska Department of Administration since early 2019, in a statement said she is running ‘for the Alaskans who believe government is of the people, by the people, and for the people. The D.C. insiders need to be held accountable to us,'” the Associated Press (AP) reported.

Tshibaka’s (pictured) campaign website described her as conservative, pro-life, and pro-Second Amendment, with the slogan, “America First. Always.”

“Lisa Murkowski is so out of touch that she even voted to remove Donald Trump from office, even after he was already gone,” she said in a video shared to Facebook:

Nice.jpg

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Good.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

This guy is running for Senate from Kentucky. Which of these points directly impacts or benefits the people of Kentucky?

Just to be fair, he announced an exploratory committee about possibly running. But I wouldn't be surprised if he ran again, he ran in 2020 and lost to McGrath in the primary. That said, he doesn't stand a chance in a statewide Kentucky Senate race. He's a DSA/Bernie type, way way to far to the left for Kentucky.

Just to be fair, he announced an exploratory committee about possibly running. But I wouldn't be surprised if he ran again, he ran in 2020 and lost to McGrath in the primary. That said, he doesn't stand a chance in a statewide Kentucky Senate race. He's a DSA/Bernie type, way way to far to the left for Kentucky.
He’s running and he’ll be the favorite to win the Democratic nomination. He, like most of the Democrats the past 20 years in Kentucky, will lose by double digits.

He’s running and he’ll be the favorite to win the Democratic nomination. He, like most of the Democrats the past 20 years in Kentucky, will lose by double digits.
Agreed, just saying he didn't "officially" announce today. I figure Rand will win +20 or so. Booker is just too far left for a statewide election in a Southern state. He supports M4A, Green New Deal, etc. Bernie, Warren, and the DSA endorsed him last year against McGrath.

Reports: Democrat Val Demings Walks Away from House, Will Seek to Challenge Rubio for Senate Instead

val-demings-police-background-problem-for-biden-running-mate-640x480.png

Rep. Val Demings (D-FL) will enter the Democrat primary to challenge Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) for Florida’s Senate seat in 2022, multiple reports indicate.

Demings’s plan to walk away from the House Democrats is another blow to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s efforts to keep the majority in the upcoming midterm elections. While Demings’ Orlando-area district is safely Democrat, she is only the latest in a long line of veteran lawmakers to walk away from Pelosi and her slim majority ahead of the midterm elections.

Democrats are excited about Demings’s decision. While in the House she served as an impeachment manager of former President Donald Trump. She previously served as Orlando’s police chief. Demings’s husband, Jerry Demings (D), is the Mayor of Orange County, which encases Orlando.

Reports: Demings Walks Away from House to Challenge Rubio for Senate

‘Do-Nothing House Member’: Rubio Responds To Val Demings’ Senate Bid

The same day Democratic Rep. Val Demings of Florida announced her candidacy to be the Democratic nominee for the state’s 2022 U.S. Senate race, incumbent Republican Sen. Marco Rubio disparaged the former Orlando Police Chief.

“Congresswoman Val Demings is a do-nothing House Member,” Rubio stated in a video message. “With not a single significant legislative achievement in her time in Congress,” he added.

He said voters would “learn more about how ineffective and extremist the real Val Demings is when she’s in Washington.”

The same day Democratic Rep. Val Demings of Florida announced her candidacy to be the Democratic nominee for the state’s 2022 U.S. Senate race, incumbent Republican Sen. Marco Rubio disparaged the former Orlando Police Chief.

“Congresswoman Val Demings is a do-nothing House Member,” Rubio stated in a video message. “With not a single significant legislative achievement in her time in Congress,” he added.

He said voters would “learn more about how ineffective and extremist the real Val Demings is when she’s in Washington.”

“Do-Nothing House Member” should be the highest compliment a Congress creature can receive as opposed to “Do-Something” Marco Rubio.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back