2022 TN Forward Brandon Huntley-Hatfield

It’d certainly be a nice time for Duke, Kentucky, UNC, Kansas to be brought to their knees for the incredible amount of cheating that has occurred there over the last 10-15 years. I’d love to see Coach K completely exposed for what he really is.
When I was at Duke for a recruiting visit back in the day, we were touring Cameron Indoor (which looks like a glorified high school gym). Coach K came through a door and dog cussed every recruit and the coaches that were with us, for being on “his” floor. The coaches quickly ushered us out. Never liked Coach K and his ******** shtick after that.

When I was at Duke for a recruiting visit back in the day, we were touring Cameron Indoor (which looks like a glorified high school gym). Coach K came through a door and dog cussed every recruit and the coaches that were with us, for being on “his” floor. The coaches quickly ushered us out. Never liked Coach K and his ******** shtick after that.
goes to show you can influence any recruit and their family with enough $$$$

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Bailey might not start but neither could BHH, potentially. Considering our depth I see a struggle for playing time, let alone having any one of our guys be the primary scoring threat, and for freshman at that. He may be a very good player but I’m going to pump the brakes on expecting volume numbers from him. Will hope the be pleasantly surprised and try not to set too high of expectations for these kids.
What depth, though? Especially in the post. Fulk, Nkamhoua, Plavsic, and Aidoo. BHH is already going to play more than 2 of those guys, and probably 3 of them. We have a bunch of deferential guards and wings, a PG who will penetrate and dish thus opening up lanes for our bigs, and shooters who should keep opposing teams honest. I’m not saying I expect Grant Williams type numbers, but I don’t think 10 and 7 across 25 minutes is totally out of the realm of possibility, either.

What depth, though? Especially in the post. Fulk, Nkamhoua, Plavsic, and Aidoo. BHH is already going to play more than 2 of those guys, and probably 3 of them. We have a bunch of deferential guards and wings, a PG who will penetrate and dish thus opening up lanes for our bigs, and shooters who should keep opposing teams honest. I’m not saying I expect Grant Williams type numbers, but I don’t think 10 and 7 across 25 minutes is totally out of the realm of possibility, either.
What I’ve come to understand is that unless he makes an exceptional leap in being able to defend the post he’s going to be playing the 4 exclusively which then puts him probably in a share w JJJ who is a veteran player and also former 5*. Even though that’s not his natural position, given our strength in the backcourt it makes it easier to push JJJ into more minutes there. Seems premature to start expecting specific volume stats for a freshman in that situation before he steps onto campus

I also don't see BHH wanting to play the 5, especially how UT uses the 5. So to me it's likely he plays almost exclusively at the 4 and *maybe* at the 3 depending on some situations.

Went and looked at the last 6 classes at guys ranked similarly to him at PF and what they did their freshman years, these are those guys...

Carlton Bragg 9/4/3
Deyonta Davis 19/8/6
Sacha Killeya-Jones 7/3/2
PJ Washington 27/11/6
Emmitt Williams 20/7/5
Reggie Perry 24/10/7
CJ Walker 15/4/3
Isaiah Mobley 20/6/5
Dawson Garcia 30/13/7

That’s an average of 19mpg 7ppg 5rpg...I looked this up because I was curious if fans, myself included, maybe had some unrealistic expectations for BHH.

Went and looked at the last 6 classes at guys ranked similarly to him at PF and what they did their freshman years, these are those guys...

Carlton Bragg 9/4/3
Deyonta Davis 19/8/6
PJ Washington 27/11/6
Emmitt Williams 20/7/5
Reggie Perry 24/10/7
CJ Walker 15/4/3
Isaiah Mobley 20/6/5
Dawson Garcia 30/13/7

That’s an average of 19mpg 7ppg 5rpg...I looked this up because I was curious if fans, myself included, maybe had some unrealistic expectations for BHH.
What if you compared it to his ranking prior to reclassifying - don’t think folks are viewing him as a top 30 type guy?

Carlton Bragg 9/4/3
Deyonta Davis 19/8/6
PJ Washington 27/11/6
Emmitt Williams 20/7/5
Reggie Perry 24/10/7
CJ Walker 15/4/3
Isaiah Mobley 20/6/5
Dawson Garcia 30/13/7

What if you compared it to his ranking prior to reclassifying - don’t think folks are viewing him as a top 30 type guy?

Your data is probably reflects a realistic expectation. My point was BHH was a top 10 guy prior to reclassifying and the masses are probably viewing him in that light when they expect 10-8 type numbers. Again, I think you are probably right

Carlton Bragg 9/4/3
Deyonta Davis 19/8/6
PJ Washington 27/11/6
Emmitt Williams 20/7/5
Reggie Perry 24/10/7
CJ Walker 15/4/3
Isaiah Mobley 20/6/5
Dawson Garcia 30/13/7

Interesting list of names, as two of his comparisons I’ve seen were PJ Washington and Reginald Perry. Washington averaged 27 mpg, 11 ppg, and 6 rpg, while Perry averaged 24 mpg, 10 ppg, and 7 rpg.

Seems to jive with my 25 mpg, 10 ppg, and 7 rpg model. And again, I’d make that his predictive ceiling, not necessarily what I believe will happen. I just don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility.

Everyone doesn't walk into the same situation so it's tough to compare them that way. In this situation BHH walks into a situation with no post depth, very few scoring threats returning, an extremely high level pass first point guard coming in and he's got an SEC ready body with an inside/outside game,

Zeke Nnagi came into a favorable situation at Arizona and averaged 30/16/9 as the 7th ranked PF per 247, 38th overall in the 2019 class. He was listed at 6'11/215 leaving HS. BHH said on the radio that he was now 6'11 and I believe 230 and walks into the aforementioned favorable situation since our 28mpg power forward is gone. The two primary freshman last year ended up averaging 25+ minutes each even with less playing time early and the 2-3 slots having more depth.

Everyone doesn't walk into the same situation so it's tough to compare them that way. In this situation BHH walks into a situation with no post depth, very few scoring threats returning, an extremely high level pass first point guard coming in and he's got an SEC ready body with an inside/outside game,

Zeke Nnagi came into a favorable situation at Arizona and averaged 30/16/9 as the 7th ranked PF per 247, 38th overall in the 2019 class. He was listed at 6'11/215 leaving HS. BHH said on the radio that he was now 6'11 and I believe 230 and walks into the aforementioned favorable situation since our 28mpg power forward is gone. The two primary freshman last year ended up averaging 25+ minutes each even with less playing time early and the 2-3 slots having more depth.
I can assure you he is not 6'11", but he is still tall and big.

I just know he said he was 6'11 now. So I took him at his word.
I mean, if he said it to my face I would not tell him he's wrong haha. But my buddy has been training him here in Knoxville for the last few weeks and I've watched a few of his sessions in person. 6'9"ish but still a big solid guy!

BHH now a four-star recruit, 32nd in Rivals final rankings. Aidoo gains a fifth star and is up to 21st in rankings.

VN Store

Back