2022 TN Forward Brandon Huntley-Hatfield

One and done types are in a college program 4-6 months ? Seems like the biggest results of CRB’s hard coaching has been showing up on players after 2 years in the program. How much opportunity is there for improvement in a few months?

One and done types are in a college program 4-6 months ? Seems like the biggest results of CRB’s hard coaching has been showing up on players after 2 years in the program. How much opportunity is there for improvement in a few months?
Most one and dones are one and dones before stepping foot on a college campus

Not sure how this relates to my post?
You asked how much opportunity for improvement there was for one and dones in their time on campus...I was saying that for the most part there isn’t much improvement done to those types of kids, that they’d almost all be one and dones whether they went to college or not. Make sense?

I think Keon and Jaden improved a lot from the first game to the last

You asked how much opportunity for improvement there was for one and dones in their time on campus...I was saying that for the most part there isn’t much improvement done to those types of kids, that they’d almost all be one and dones whether they went to college or not. Make sense?
Sorry - no it doesn’t make sense to me but maybe I’m a bit slow. Jordan wasn’t the same skilled player at 18 as he was at 28. Somehow he improved.

I think Keon and Jaden improved a lot from the first game to the last
Improved yes, but not Admiral sophomore to junior season drastic improvement or Punter level improvement. All improvement is good but it seems like the process CRB uses shows the largest dividends in years 2-3 as we’ve discussed on this forum many times.

Reactions: Vol49er
Sorry - no it doesn’t make sense to me but maybe I’m a bit slow. Jordan wasn’t the same skilled player at 18 as he was at 28. Somehow he improved.
Jordan wasn’t a one and done either though, not sure if your point? I never stated players never improve?

Jordan wasn’t a one and done either though, not sure if your point? I never stated players never improve?
You’re being obtuse if you don’t think Jordan wasn’t of comparable talent to today’s one and done type.

My point is players improve. BHH stated he wanted to be coached hard in college so he could improve. The discussion was how much could he improve in the 4-6 months he will be at UT, but whatever

You’re being obtuse if you don’t think Jordan wasn’t of comparable talent to today’s one and done type.

My point is players improve. BHH stated he wanted to be coached hard in college so he could improve. The discussion was how much could he improve in the 4-6 months he will be at UT, but whatever

It isn’t just the improvement that will be evident during the one year. It is also the work ethic and lessons that are learned and stay with him throughout his career. His goal isn’t just to be the best he can be for one year in college. It is having a coach provide his knowledge that will help him during his professional career. Those investments don’t have to pay off in the short term in order for it to be a worthwhile investment. BHH is thinking long term. Fans are only interested in the short term.

Has anyone seen stats for the Iverson Classic? I saw a tweet from one sports writer that said Huntley-Hatfield had 10 points early in the game. The final score was something like 143-132. I hope Brandon impressed enough to move up in the final player rankings.

Most one and dones are one and dones before stepping foot on a college campus
Yep and it's why so many of those guys disappoint in the lone year of college ball. Mentally, they're just treading water until draft day. Wish the rules were changed to allow 18 year olds to jump to the league right out of HS and if they chose to go to college, they'd not be draft eligible until after their 3rd year. The current setup benefits only the NBA and spoils the college game. If they make the portal a permanent fixture, college athletics will be totally in ruins IMO.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back