2022 TN Forward Brandon Huntley-Hatfield

A #2 recruiting class in basketball is something my mind can't cope with, so please stop.

I'll wake up tomorrow and none of this will be real.

This sounds too good to be true. Trying not to be optimistic.....Waiting for the "continual kick in the balls that is being a Tennessee fan" to kick in. Dont recall who said that/cant attribute the quote.

Reactions: walkenvol
Here’s the deal, we want Jaden Springer, BHH, BJ Edwards, Blue Cain, Jasheem Felton etc...we may have to take a guy every now and again who isn’t quite as highly thought of to continue that trend.e
Guess I don’t understand the logic here as our recent marginal recruits sit the bench for 2 years then hit the portal. Seems like leaving the scholarship open would be better than taking a flier on someone who hasn’t produced anywhere close to what a typical D1 recruit would in hs. Regardless of his limited experience, if he can’t dominate the boards and defend the basket in East TN hs then it will be a minor miracle if he were to stick around. We would be recruiting over him every season till he hit the portal. He should stay in hs and demonstrate his abilities before we sign him. JMO, TIFWIW, AARP

Reactions: iVolSoHard
If BHH can be like Julius Randle or Naz Reid for us like Jerry Meyer compared him to, I would sign up for that ALL DAY.

Randle averaged a double double in his one year at Kentucky, and Naz Reid could hit threes and averaged 13/7. Both were one and dones, which I imagine BHH will be too.

That feels like a bunch of BS, honestly. If they wanted to come, why didn’t they? Nothing was stopping them.
Ya they couldn’t visit the other schools either so I don’t get why it would have mattered that they all couldn’t visit together....

That feels like a bunch of BS, honestly. If they wanted to come, why didn’t they? Nothing was stopping them.
$ trumps plans apparently haha. I remember the days after Chandler committed it looked like we were trending big for Paulo, then out of the blue he commits to Duke. Jabari was always gonna be a tough pull from auburn but after Paulo split (I’m speculating) he probably had less interest in UT. Ingram, i remember, had an interview where he implied he didn’t feel as wanted by UT, who knows, maybe we slow played him. Still:
5 star PG
5 star PF
#5 center in the country
Top 50 SF

PRETTY DAMN GOOD

Guess I don’t understand the logic here as our recent marginal recruits sit the bench for 2 years then hit the portal. Seems like leaving the scholarship open would be better than taking a flier on someone who hasn’t produced anywhere close to what a typical D1 recruit would in hs. Regardless of his limited experience, if he can’t dominate the boards and defend the basket in East TN hs then it will be a minor miracle if he were to stick around. We would be recruiting over him every season till he hit the portal. He should stay in hs and demonstrate his abilities before we sign him. JMO, TIFWIW, AARP

Sometimes you offer a lower rated friend of a highly rated recruit to increase your odds with said higher rated recruit. Some guys are good enough that they’re worth 2 scholarships.

$ trumps plans apparently haha. I remember the days after Chandler committed it looked like we were trending big for Paulo, then out of the blue he commits to Duke. Jabari was always gonna be a tough pull from auburn but after Paulo split (I’m speculating) he probably had less interest in UT. Ingram, i remember, had an interview where he implied he didn’t feel as wanted by UT, who knows, maybe we slow played him. Still:
5 star PG
5 star PF
#5 center in the country
Top 50 SF

PRETTY DAMN GOOD

You forgot the french dude and Powell. Awesome class, even if we don't get BHH.

Reactions: swchandler1988
From Last night
There's lots of chatter that this is happening tomorrow, I believe that to be true, but don't have that confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt. It's going to be a deal like Kennedy Chandler's commitment from what I can gather, live on ESPN's instagram feed or something similar. So just watch social media in the morning for details, as with Chandler there was no 'official' confirmation that it was going down until just a few hours before he went. Scheduling/programming glitches with ESPN could mean it doesn't happen tomorrow.

Regardless of when it precisely goes down I continue to feel very, very good about the Vols' chances.
-VQ

Let's hope this time they can get an ESPN intern who knows how to work Instagram and doesn't have Ja Morant yelling about boomers ruining Kennedy's moment because they don't know how to invite the kid into the Instagram Live room.
That was absolutely hilarious lol

Let's hope this time they can get an ESPN intern who knows how to work Instagram and doesn't have Ja Morant yelling about boomers ruining Kennedy's moment because they don't know how to invite the kid into the Instagram Live room.
Wasn’t it Paul Biancardi trying to figure it out lol? All espn had to do was follow Kennedy back for it to work

Reactions: berryvol and jmva1

VN Store

Back