2022 Target List

Montas had a really good showing in front of some national folks, got some love, reportedly 6’6” 220+lbs, definitely a bit of that Schofield mold I had mentioned awhile back…looks like a pretty good eval by the staff that many questioned initially. Be interesting to see who of Mintz, Montas and Proctor they pursue hard and try to get to visit.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Maybe, but he says college is the plan, right now. I like our chances if he does NOT reclassify, if he does, I like Arizona
I took that more as reclass and college in ‘22 is the plan, not college in ‘23…been quite a few other articles mentioning him and the ‘23 draft.

Tennessee has reached out and expressed interest since he decommitted from Maryland….international guy who attends Sunrise Christian Academy.

Much like ON, his native competition looks like hot garbage in his earlier highlights, but he looks like a stud amongst them. Elite passer for his size and can really shoot the ball from deep.

In a game against IMG, earlier this season, I skimmed some high lights and he appeared to play about a third of the game. Didn't have a major impact, but did have a huge 3 to give them a 5-point lead with a minute to play.

Stroke looks good, passing is excellent, defense is passable. He looks/plays like a skilled SF in today's game.

Much like ON, his native competition looks like hot garbage in his earlier highlights, but he looks like a stud amongst them. Elite passer for his size and can really shoot the ball from deep.

In a game against IMG, earlier this season, I skimmed some high lights and he appeared to play about a third of the game. Didn't have a major impact, but did have a huge 3 to give them a 5-point lead with a minute to play.

Stroke looks good, passing is excellent, defense is passable. He looks/plays like a skilled SF in today's game.
Probably a guy that would need a couple years to gain strength and develop, but given our depth wouldn’t be a bad thing.

He's from overseas and plays where Kennedy Chandler played last year?

Vol lock IMO
You'd like to think Rod Clark still has a little bit of pull around Sunrise, too, although I've been loath to embrace the recruiting abilities of either of our new assistants, to this point.

You'd like to think Rod Clark still has a little bit of pull around Sunrise, too, although I've been loath to embrace the recruiting abilities of either of our new assistants, to this point.
At one time, I thought Jabari Smith might be a Vol lock. Also, thought Banchero was close to being a lock. The list goes on ad nauseum. Experience tells me no one is a lock in this day and age. I certainly don’t think this Sunrise product is a lock, and I’m not too sure I want to see him as a lock.

So…

Judah Mintz
Angel Montas
Bobi Klintman
Tyrese Proctor
Fwiw Rob Lewis said Mady Traore has a Tennessee offer and staff has been in touch, he was at Bishop Walsh which is where Nkahmoua came from, originally from France…I had forgot about him, he was on our early boards in this thread but eliminated Tennessee iirc.

Lewis said Tennessee isn’t doing much in 2022 because right now they just aren’t sure what numbers will look like (something I’ve mentioned before)…with Edwards you’re 1 over, thought had been Chandler is definitely gone and that’s still likely the case, but stock dropping? Who else leaves? Doesn’t look like JJJ to NBA is at all a possibility, or Powell? Bailey could move on, but still not much room.

If Tyrese Proctor doesn’t excite you then you need your meter checked imo

He is intriguing for sure, but definitely feels like he is more of a 2023 guy. Do we have anything from VQ suggesting he is reclassifying? I know you mentioned his age, but I don’t recall seeing anything else.

He is intriguing for sure, but definitely feels like he is more of a 2023 guy. Do we have anything from VQ suggesting he is reclassifying? I know you mentioned his age, but I don’t recall seeing anything else.
Not from VQ, but 247 article had him mentioning reclassifying and mentioned Santiago Vescovi specifically as a guy who reclassed coming from NBA Global Academy.

VN Store

Back