2022 Target List

As I’ve been saying for months on Howard, it never hurts to try. And it’s paying off! We expended minimal resources on recruiting him and now we’re a threat to land him. Kids don’t always want to play for their parents. Sometimes they want to chart their own path. Would love it if he ended up here.
I’m not sure I can remember a case where a kid didn’t go play for their father at a P5 school, not saying it’s never happened but I can’t think of a case.

Reactions: walkenvol
Disappointing about Wallace, but it's what I expected, too, so I've had months to prepare myself. UK allure just too much to pass up, I guess.
Yup, gonna suck to watch him at UK…it’ll be interesting if we were to land Chandler to look back on the two guys careers. I made mention previously a case could be made for all these guys, but Chandler in particular, if he’s a 4 year guy there’s a pretty good chance he could have a bigger impact than Wallace’s one year.

I’m not sure I can remember a case where a kid didn’t go play for their father at a P5 school, not saying it’s never happened but I can’t think of a case.
Garrison Brooks didn't out of high school, but he just transferred to Miss State to play for him now so I don't know if that counts haha.

Yup, gonna suck to watch him at UK…it’ll be interesting if we were to land Chandler to look back on the two guys careers. I made mention previously a case could be made for all these guys, but Chandler in particular, if he’s a 4 year guy there’s a pretty good chance he could have a bigger impact than Wallace’s one year.
Yeah, I agree, especially if Wallace is a one-and-done.

It's just a hunch, but something tells me that Wallace will end up disappointed going to UK.

I agree. Going to have too many other highly ranked guys around him to really stand out.
Yep, and I'm not sure he's even the best of that bunch of guards. My guess is that UK may be telling him he'll have a leg up on Clark for the PG spot due to Clark's injury, and he may want the opportunity to play PG. If that is the case, he may end up being satisfied with his choice. But if he ends up on the wing, I'm not certain he'll agree he made the best choice for his draft profile.

Yeah, I agree, especially if Wallace is a one-and-done.

It's just a hunch, but something tells me that Wallace will end up disappointed going to UK.
It’s definitely possible…they’re bringing in a loaded backcourt and depending on who’s returning he may not get huge minutes.

I am just taking a shot in the dark here, but if Green commits to FSU which he is trending towards, does that make us essentially a lock for one of Mitchell/Phillips since they’re both FSU/TN according to Volquest? Any small chance we could land both??

I am just taking a shot in the dark here, but if Green commits to FSU which he is trending towards, does that make us essentially a lock for one of Mitchell/Phillips since they’re both FSU/TN according to Volquest? Any small chance we could land both??
Idk if I would call anyone a lock seeing how this cycle has gone…just as easily could be that USC makes a big push and gets Phillips and Mitchell still goes to FSU. I think it increases our chances of landing at least 1 of them, but definitely wouldn’t say lock.

Updated…

Top targets (imo/info) bolded, updated with scheduled OV’s reported so far...

#4 Yohan Traore
#10 Cason Wallace-Top 3, OV 9/17, 6/3
#14 Julian Phillips-Top 4, OV 9/25
#28 Dillon Mitchell-OV 6/27
#29 Ernest Udeh Jr.
#35 Jett Howard-Top 7, OV 9/10

#38 Eric Dailey Jr.
#73 Colin Smith
#90 Chandler Jackson
#94 BJ Edwards-COMMIT

NR Daniel Sanford

Didn't see a specific thread for him, so I apologize if there is one and I just missed it, but Jett Howard is announcing his commitment on October 13th.

VN Store

Back