2022 Target List

It means that premium players like Chandler aren’t necessarily only being compensated with the publicly announced deals. Anything goes now. Big donors can ink 6 figure deals for future services with up front payments. Even if those types of deals are not allowed by the NCAA they’ll never be able to prove they exist or have the resources to investigate and enforce. The NCAA can not subpoena bank information. Recruits blow in and out of town in months or a year or two. Very few high level, lottery type recruits will be attending a school without a financial component. Every deal is not going to be made public.
are you suggesting Deacon Barnes will be lining up “illegal” deals for players?!?!

You're still missing the point I was making. It might have cost us an EARLIER commitment from Wallace.

Hypothetically, maybe Wallace was close to committing to Tennessee, and perhaps why UK wasn't so eager to offer him, and then Wallace became concerned about Tennessee's NIL marketing ability/plans/preparedness. Wallace takes a step back and decides to allow other schools to change his mind.

He is still considering us, so it hasn't, perhaps, cost us his eventual commitment, yet, but it could have possibly cost us his early commitment over the summer before UK got involved. We will likely never know that answer.
Seems quite doubtful, but I suppose anything is possible.

are you suggesting Deacon Barnes will be lining up “illegal” deals for players?!?!

He’s too smart to line up illegal deals. Doesn’t mean he’s preventing anything from happening. And I doubt that CRB has any problem venturing into the grey areas when schools like LSU are caught dead to rights and have zero NCAA sanctions. He’s not breaking any laws by looking the other way if big donors stroke questionable deals with the players.

It’s in the tonybasilio dot com podcast archives for 9/22/2021. They start discussing N-I-L around 151:00. Basilio said that CRB “is highly upset” and “blames losing player after player after player this summer”. “Several guys who were on the precipice of committing” “because TN had no NIL systems in place”.

Also “losing a recruit” would be different from losing a “commitment”.

It’s not a far fetched basilioism that CRB was not happy with Danny Boy White.

I don’t believe Basilio for a second. White gave Barnes a nice pay raise when he probably didn’t deserve it and White is one of the most well prepared AD’s in the country.

I’m a blind Danny White homer I will say, but I’m not buying anything TB is saying regarding this. Sounds like some old blood mad White is changing the AD to modern times.

Updated…

Top targets (imo/info) bolded, updated with scheduled OV’s reported so far...

#4 Yohan Traore
#10 Cason Wallace-Top 3, OV 9/17, 6/3
#14 Julian Phillips-Top 10, OV 9/25
#28 Dillon Mitchell-OV 6/27
#29 Ernest Udeh Jr.
#35 Jett Howard-Top 7, OV 9/10

#38 Eric Dailey Jr.
#64 Prince Aligbe
#73 Colin Smith
#94 BJ Edwards-COMMIT
NR Daniel Sanford

Reactions: Volfan1000
My best guess in who we land. Don’t claim to have any inside info. % they end up Vols.
Cason Wallace 25%
Julian Phillips 40%
Mitchell 20%
Udeh 20%
I don’t think any of the others listed above are realistic targets at this point.

My best guess in who we land. Don’t claim to have any inside info. % they end up Vols.
Cason Wallace 25%
Julian Phillips 40%
Mitchell 20%
Udeh 20%
I don’t think any of the others listed above are realistic targets at this point.
I’m thinking like 10% on Wallace based on all the smoke to Kentucky

Updated…

Top targets (imo/info) bolded, updated with scheduled OV’s reported so far...

#4 Yohan Traore
#10 Cason Wallace-Top 3, OV 9/17, 6/3
#14 Julian Phillips-Top 10, OV 9/25
#28 Dillon Mitchell-OV 6/27
#29 Ernest Udeh Jr.
#35 Jett Howard-Top 7, OV 9/10

#38 Eric Dailey Jr.
#64 Prince Aligbe
#73 Colin Smith
#90 Chandler Jackson
#94 BJ Edwards-COMMIT

NR Daniel Sanford

Being optimistic here, but if Wallace had told the staff he’s going to Kentucky, why would he keep his November date?
That's a valid point, unless he has eliminated Tennessee and is between Texas and UK. Unlikely, but plausible. It sounds more like due diligence by the staff, but could also indicate they believe he is trending away from Tennessee.

That's a valid point, unless he has eliminated Tennessee and is between Texas and UK. Unlikely, but plausible. It sounds more like due diligence by the staff, but could also indicate they believe he is trending away from Tennessee.
I hate that, but I believe you're right

VN Store

Back