2022 Target List

I’m not sure if it was overstated or not, depending on whether you believe UK dropped BHH as is being reported, and not vice-versa. He could have had UK as his leader up until the point that UK cut off communication in July. That leaves the question of why did UK break things off? Side question, how many times has he been to UK vs Tennessee? Genuinely curious. 247 notes two visits to UK and none to Tennessee, though I know of at least one trip to Tennessee, so not sure their info is accurate.
If UK cut ties, I’m guessing it’s because they felt they weren’t a major player...I know of 4-5 trips to campus at least.

Yea, not sure this is getting quite the attention it deserves. We are talking a sure fire Top 10 player, one of the best signees to come to Tennessee if it happened, yet somehow seems to be kind of flying under the radar.
I think it’s because he’s technically a ‘22 recruit. People are more focused on the ‘21 class and don’t realize his intentions to reclassify. He’d obviously be a massive pickup.

If UK cut ties, I’m guessing it’s because they felt they weren’t a major player...I know of 4-5 trips to campus at least.
I guess that's what I'm driving at. It would help to know why they stopped recruiting him. What you are saying is entirely possible, but I guess I was wondering if there was some sort of character issue in question that we are unaware of. Coming at the same time as changing schools lind of fits that narrative depending on why he left IMG. Doesn't make sense that Barnes would continue to recruit him if that were the case. It's just odd that UK would so blatantly publish that they "cut ties" with a top 5-10 player that so many believed they were in the driver's seat for. Perhaps an effort to save face, publicly. Just an odd set of circumstances.

Travis Graf (UK Rvals writer) put in a future cast for BHH to UT last night, worth noting he was the first to put in a prediction for Kennedy Chandler to UT.
Just to connect the dots for those unaware, Graf is who is referenced in this post from last night...
Huntley-Hatfield Rivals Forecast to Tennessee today from UK writer 👀

I guess that's what I'm driving at. It would help to know why they stopped recruiting him. What you are saying is entirely possible, but I guess I was wondering if there was some sort of character issue in question that we are unaware of. Coming at the same time as changing schools lind of fits that narrative depending on why he left IMG. Doesn't make sense that Barnes would continue to recruit him if that were the case. It's just odd that UK would so blatantly publish that they "cut ties" with a top 5-10 player that so many believed they were in the driver's seat for. Perhaps an effort to save face, publicly. Just an odd set of circumstances.
I’ve saw it mentioned by UK guys that he wants to be a perimeter orientated player and that was the reason, that UK coaches wanted him in the post. Not saying that’s accurate, just sharing what I've seen mentioned.

He’s a legit 3/4, people had questions about SF, this guy would be an option at that position for sure.
Agree. For a big guy, he is a really good passer, and is also really good at receiving passes. He has good hands and as mentioned, is pretty athletic. Game looks effortless almost lackadaisical at times.

Could easily see this being a situation where the kid told the schools from his Top 11 whom he was going to cut out for the Top 6 and to save face, UK let it "leak" that they cut ties with him.

Kentucky parted ways with Huntley-Hatfield nearly a month ago, a source tells CatsPause.com. Although considered an immense talent, there were concerns about Huntley-Hatfield's motor and after there hadn't been any development in that regard over the last year, the Wildcats elected to move on.

- chris fisher

Sounds like sour grapes, to me.

- chris fisher

Sounds like sour grapes, to me.
Agree. For a big guy, he is a really good passer, and is also really good at receiving passes. He has good hands and as mentioned, is pretty athletic. Game looks effortless, almost lackadaisical at times.
Sorta what I was referring to here. He looks bored at several points in his highlights.

Huntley recieved an OM forecast today. If OM is our comp, i like our chances.
Got a Ole Miss FutureCast from Zach Berry (OM writer) to match Travis Graf's from yesterday. Also received an Ole Miss CB on 247 from Chris Fisher at CatsPause, as well. Not too promising for our chances. I wonder where the OM smoke is coming from?

It’d suck to lose a highly touted recruit to freaking Ole Miss.

When have they been relevant compared to us?

It’d suck to lose a highly touted recruit to freaking Ole Miss.

When have they been relevant compared to us?
Listen, the Ole Miss Frogs are a force to be reckoned with. Also, with Marshall Henderson coming back, I'm sure they're now the destination location.

I imagine if Barnes and co are still recruiting him they're not overly concerned with this.
I would think so, too, but that line of thinking did match up with my initial thought from watching some of his latest highlights from this past season, so I can’t totally dismiss the idea. If it is an issue, maybe Barnes believes he can coach that out of him where Cal is less inclined to want to take on that task. I don’t know.

I would think so, too, but that line of thinking did match up with my initial thought from watching some of his latest highlights from this past season, so I can’t totally dismiss the idea. If it is an issue, maybe Barnes believes he can coach that out of him where Cal is less inclined to want to take on that task. I don’t know.

If Huntley-Hatfield looks bored and picks Tennessee, CRB and his staff will make sure that he stays engaged to what is going on.

VN Store

Back