2022 Target List

That explains the OM forecast, not that I think he’s necessarily going there but would explain why not a UK pick. That’s strange, wonder what transpired.

Article says the two have not spoken since BHH transferred from ING to a PA prep school in July. Yet, in early August, BHH lists UK as one of the schools he spoke with most often. He did, at that time, set the stage for the school of his choice to be somewhere other than UK by stating something to the effect of, "This is a business decision and a decision about fit. UK was my dream school as a kid, but I approach this decision differently than I did as a kid", possibly starting the public relations walk-back process if UK stopped communicating with him.

If that’s the case, he would be quite the nice addition to the 2021 class after the departure of Pons, Anosike, and Fulky. Hope we get him.
Yea, not sure this is getting quite the attention it deserves. We are talking a sure fire Top 10 player, one of the best signees to come to Tennessee if it happened, yet somehow seems to be kind of flying under the radar.

We certainly have a wide open path to significant minutes for him, and an elite PG to pair with some really nice returning talent.

You would think the loss of nearly our entire inside game after this season and the fact that we have an elite 2021 PG means that we’ll be able to snag at least 1 of these top tier PF’s. It’s no guarantee and things are weird in recruiting but we have to be an attractive setting for these guys with the returning talent we’ll have at the guard positions.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Yea, not sure this is getting quite the attention it deserves. We are talking a sure fire Top 10 player, one of the best signees to come to Tennessee if it happened, yet somehow seems to be kind of flying under the radar.

I think it’s probably because we’ve not been as involved here as we have with other recruits so the smoke isn’t there quite yet. He’s also always been considered a UK lock till now. But this could be just the huge news that gets us right back in it.

I think the belief was still strongly that UK was the favorite. With that out the window, it appears that he is much more open.

Last edited:
I think it’s probably because we’ve not been as involved here as we have with other recruits so the smoke isn’t there quite yet. He’s also always been considered a UK lock till now. But this could be just the huge news that gets us right back in it.
Don’t think he’s been a lock, pretty clear that wasn’t the case by them not even making his Top 6 apparently.

Don’t think he’s been a lock, pretty clear that wasn’t the case by them not even making his Top 6 apparently.

Hindsight is 20/20. Obviously we know now that he was likely never a UK lock but for a long time I remember reading a bunch of reports about how it seemed like a certainty that he’d end up at UK.

Glad to see that for whatever reason that won’t happen now.

Hindsight is 20/20. Obviously we know now that he was likely never a UK lock but for a long time I remember reading a bunch of reports about how it seemed like a certainty that he’d end up at UK.

Glad to see that for whatever reason that won’t happen now.
He was. This is a new development.
Reportedly the break in communication happened in July when BHH transferred from IMG to Scotland Academy in PA.

He was. This is a new development.
Reportedly the break in communication happened in July when BHH transferred from IMG to Scotland Academy in PA.
I know people assumed he was a lean, but that seems more like an assumption based on his family connection rather than info from the kid or information from him. He opted to continue playing for BMaze, attended multiple Tennessee games and practices over the years, and has been very receptive to their communication.

I know people assumed he was a lean, but that seems more like an assumption based on his family connection rather than info from the kid or information from him. He opted to continue playing for BMaze, attended multiple Tennessee games and practices over the years, and has been very receptive to their communication.
It was based on the family connection, the visits, and his own admission that they were his dream school. Tennessee was never out of it, and we continued to recruit him. But, the belief was that his UK connections would eventually lead him to Lexington. Obviously, nothing is concrete and is subject to change. The break in communication between the two parties is obviously the break Tennessee needed to further advance their chances. Whether you believe UK was his leader, or not, it’s clear that they were likely our greatest threat in that race.

It was based on the family connection, the visits, and his own admission that they were his dream school. Tennessee was never out of it, and we continued to recruit him. But, the belief was that his UK connections would eventually lead him to Lexington. Obviously, nothing is concrete and is subject to change. The break in communication between the two parties is obviously the break Tennessee needed to further advance their chances. Whether you believe UK was his leader, or not, it’s clear that they were likely our greatest threat in that race.
Agree, and never stated otherwise...just think their position was obviously overstated by many, and like I said I think that’s largely based on family assumption. He was on UT’s campus way more times than UK.

Agree, and never stated otherwise...just think their position was obviously overstated by many, and like I said I think that’s largely based on family assumption. He was on UT’s campus way more times than UK.
I’m not sure if it was overstated or not, depending on whether you believe UK dropped BHH as is being reported, and not vice-versa. He could have had UK as his leader up until the point that UK cut off communication in July. That leaves the question of why did UK break things off? Side question, how many times has he been to UK vs Tennessee? Genuinely curious. 247 notes two visits to UK and none to Tennessee, though I know of at least one trip to Tennessee, so not sure their info is accurate.

VN Store

Back