2022 Recruits

Yes. I travel and see these tourneys live . I’m not trying to argue , you bring great insight to
This board, and I respect your opinion. I feel Like you are doing Justine a slight disservice by that one comment , but we are all entitled to our own opinions . Go Lady Vols as always.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Yes. I travel and see these tourneys live . I’m not trying to argue , you bring great insight to
This board, and I respect your opinion. I feel Like you are doing Justine a slight disservice by that one comment , but we are all entitled to our own opinions . Go Lady Vols as always.

Have you seen Justine in person? what’s your take ?

Well, instead of declaring her the second coming as Gametime does or a one trick pony like CJ implies, I'll let her coaches and herself decide her fate.

Just do your best, Justine and let the haters wallow in their slime.

Well, instead of declaring her the second coming as Gametime does or a one trick pony like CJ implies, I'll let her coaches and herself decide her fate.

Just do your best, Justine and let the haters wallow in their slime.

you know me better than the Gule
never been a hater, never will be
I am a coach!

You did not have to trash the girl.....Temper the words of your disapproval of the girl...That was not well played by you...Not well played at all.

She is currently a perimeter player, because her coaches know you don't bury that kind of range under the basket....

You seriously need to go back and change the wording of your post, you've already let everyone know you don't want her here....Do the right thing!

Her family, and Justine, does not need to read that to you she is not SEC material...I'm 10,000% sure Coach Kellie would not like your words, or your opinion...
going_separate_ways____by_jirkax_d7bbyrb-fullview.jpg

You did not have to trash the girl.....Temper the words of your disapproval of the girl...That was not well played by you...Not well played at all.

She is currently a perimeter player, because her coaches know you don't bury that kind of range under the basket....

You seriously need to go back and change the wording of your post, you've already let everyone know you don't want her here....Do the right thing!

Her family, and Justine, does not need to read that to you she is not SEC material...I'm 10,000% sure Coach Kellie would not like your words, or your opinion...
going_separate_ways____by_jirkax_d7bbyrb-fullview.jpg

We get you have an infinity for Justine but more than one poster said it...

I see she is a baller and has work to do on her game but he is calling it as he sees it just like everybody else on this board 😉

Reactions: Bret178
Come on people @Coach Jumper had to be prodded to give his honest opinion. I appreciate the truth as he sees it and from anyone else that watches any of our commits play. I simply don't have time to do so.

I think we all agree that she's an elite shooter. My biggest question is, can she defend multiple positions at an sec level? If she can't, then she's another Dunbar. If she can defend and shoot 40% from three, then we have an impact player.

If coach j or anyone else cares to comment on her defense, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: Bret178
Come on people @Coach Jumper had to be prodded to give his honest opinion. I appreciate the truth as he sees it and from anyone else that watches any of our commits play. I simply don't have time to do so.

I think we all agree that she's an elite shooter. My biggest question is, can she defend multiple positions at an sec level? If she can't, then she's another Dunbar. If she can defend and shoot 40% from three, then we have an impact player.

If coach j or anyone else cares to comment on her defense, I would greatly appreciate it.

Is it just the defense you care to hear about or are other things also in the table? like leadership, passing ability, coachability?

It's not about wanting or not wanting Justine,,,its about what IT LV's need to get back to elite status.

Re coach K,,,,she has already made her mind up about me, before she ever met me,,,and I still back her hire and her as our coach,,,so it isn't personal for me even with her.

I will be judged on this board and by my peers by the assessments I make public and I do not color things for any recruit/coach/source even including the ones I know personally...Striplin, Puckett and Wynn are dynamite gets....Miles, if coached properly will be exactly what we have needed for many MANY years,,,,and we need a deep threat more than we need anything else,,,,but that deep threat has to play defense, take it t the rack, mix it up on the boards and move smart on offense!!

Love you like a brother GT, but please don't ask me to let that bias my assessments and opinions

I did not ask you to change your assessment....Just the wording.

Example:
#1... The car has a dent in the right door...With a little work the door may be as good as new.
#2... The dent in the door ruins the whole car and can never be fixed....The car is a piece of junk.

I did not ask you to change your assessment....Just the wording.

Example:
#1... The car has a dent in the right door...With a little work the door may be as good as new.
#2... The dent in the door ruins the whole car and can never be fixed....The car is a piece of junk.

point taken

It's not about wanting or not wanting Justine,,,its about what IT LV's need to get back to elite status.

Re coach K,,,,she has already made her mind up about me, before she ever met me,,,and I still back her hire and her as our coach,,,so it isn't personal for me even with her.

I will be judged on this board and by my peers by the assessments I make public and I do not color things for any recruit/coach/source even including the ones I know personally...Striplin, Puckett and Wynn are dynamite gets....Miles, if coached properly will be exactly what we have needed for many MANY years,,,,and we need a deep threat more than we need anything else,,,,but that deep threat has to play defense, take it t the rack, mix it up on the boards and move smart on offense!!

Love you like a brother GT, but please don't ask me to let that bias my assessments and opinions

Here’s my thing and i know you say this all the time. “Highlight clips are just that” but in those clips she is taking it to the rack and mixing it up. These aren’t just HS clips they are clips of her playing for the Philly Belles, HS, and playing on cement courts, etc.

So maybe it’s not that she can’t do those things but DIDNT. She is playing with a brand new team so unfamiliarity could have played a part or she could have played the role she had been designated too today. Will be interesting to see if she progress more over the summer especially being on Breanna Stewart’s team.

Here’s my thing and i know you say this all the time. “Highlight clips are just that” but in those clips she is taking it to the rack and mixing it up. These aren’t just HS clips they are clips of her playing for the Philly Belles, HS, and playing on cement courts, etc.

So maybe it’s not that she can’t do those things but DIDNT. She is playing with a brand new team so unfamiliarity could have played a part or she could have played the role she had been designated too today. Will be interesting to see if she progress more over the summer especially being on Breanna Stewart’s team.
agree and hope so

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
@Coach Jumper i appreciate your assessment and please don’t let today steer you away from giving it. I do understand the one part that had people concerned as I’m sure you do because as you’ve stated we have children reading this board as well as their families.

Back to the assessment and what we should be discussing.

Based on what you saw does she have the athletic ability to be mobile in the post/on the perimeter as a stretch 4 type player? I ask because I feel defense can and will be taught by Kellie, do you think she’s more or less mobile than a Kortney Dunbar/Sidney Spencer and potential wise where would you see her in comparison to those two given ability and athleticism?

I’m confused. What happened? You would admonish anyone who said the slightest negative thing about a player because they and their parents read the blog. Now you are saying a commit who wants to be a Lady Vol and our coaches want will not make it in the SEC. I respect your knowledge but that was a piss poor way of disseminating it. I appreciate the change but dude you can’t get upset that other people might be running off players and recruits when you put out something like that.

I did change my wording a bit,@GameTime but did not change my assessment

I’m confused. What happened? You would admonish anyone who said the slightest negative thing about a player because they and their parents read the blog. Now you are saying a commit who wants to be a Lady Vol and our coaches want will not make it in the SEC. I respect your knowledge but that was a piss poor way of disseminating it. I appreciate the change but dude you can’t get upset that other people might be running off players and recruits when you put out something like that.

it was, the assessment was on par with what I saw, but the verbiage should have been less "biting" and I do apologize for that

VN Store

Back