2022 Recruits

Weathers would be the perfect fit at the guard position....She shoots the deep 3 ball and is a lane driving fiend....Plus, the young lady is a baller; tough as day old grits.

If we can get another power forward to go along with this magnificent team that Kellie is forming, we are talking multiple national titles....Multiple baby!!!!

Whenever I'm down in the dumps, all I have to do is read a Game Time post, and all is right with the world.

(Mudcat is also good for the spirits).

When you're alone and life is making you lonely,
You can always read---
GameTime

Last edited:
I think he is leaving some names off. Names in bold are my choices....

Janiah Barker, 6-2 forward, Tampa, Florida
KK Bransford, 5-10 guard, Cincinnati, Ohio

Darianna Buggs, 6-1 wing, Edmond, Oklahoma
Alyssa Crockett, 6-2 forward, Westfield, Indiana
McKenna Hayes, 5-11 wing, Ooltewah, Tennessee
Flau’jae Johnson, 5-10 wing, Marietta, Georgia
Amiya Joyner, 6-2 forward, Farmville, North Carolina
Amina Muhammad, 6-3 forward, DeSoto, Texas
Ayanna Patterson, 6-2 wing, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Justine Pissott, 6-4 wing, Toms River, New Jersey

Sa’Myah Smith, 6-2 forward, DeSoto, Texas
Lazaria Spearman, 6-3 forward, Dacula, Georgia
Jenn Sullivan, 5-7 guard, Knoxville, Tennessee
Karly Weathers, 5-9 guard, Loretto, Tennessee
Ruby Whitehorn, 6-0 guard, Detroit, Michigan
Zyanna Walker, 5-8 guard, Wichita, Kansas

As to the type of offers, I don't think anyone knows except the recruiting staff and player.
Where did you get this list bc it’s definitely wrong

That first year is always tough on a new coach and staff. 2021 was a lot better and 2022 off to a great start.

No argument. There is just little discussion or insight in this 2022 thread with the national recruits. I guess that is in part because there is not contributing analyst/reporter type.

WCCB basketball recruiting is something that is not very well covered or where you can get much inside information. There was a time when you could get some inside information on where recruits were leaning at 247, but you don't get much there anymore. You also used to get a lot of information off ESPN if you had the paid account that they no longer have except ESPN plus which is mainly for Pro sports. So other than the rankings, the WBB blog and varied tweets no way to gain information about players and how their recruiting is going. I didn't even know who Justine Pissott was and had no idea we were recruiting her out of New Jersey so when she committed that was a total surprise. So no one really knows what players we've offered except the staff themselves. The WBB guy has some solid information and occasionally you get a tweet where a player has narrowed her team choices. Other than this information there is nothing like men's basketball or football where you basically know who your top five or more most likely commits are going to be well ahead of time. I constantly seek information for players that might be committing to Tennessee Lady Vol basketball all the time and at this time I have no idea who besides Justine will be in this class. Were in some players top ten and some players top five and other than knowing that not much more information to be had.

I believe the staff keeps recruiting as secret as they can. There’s a lot of unhinged people out there that love to meddle with recruits and if they don’t know who we’re targeting, they can’t get in the middle and screw things up,

Precisely. Goldwire is super tight lipped it appears.

Used to be posters on here had inside info. I think they may have been personal friends/family of the previous coaches/staff etc.

That has completely stopped in the almost two years since the coaching change I haven’t seen one shred of credible recruiting information on here. just announcements once they have committed.

I’ve watched film on several of the players mentioned (Weathers, Hawk etc) and I do not see them being top priority recruits based on the players this staff has brought in already.

WCCB basketball recruiting is something that is not very well covered or where you can get much inside information. There was a time when you could get some inside information on where recruits were leaning at 247, but you don't get much there anymore. You also used to get a lot of information off ESPN if you had the paid account that they no longer have except ESPN plus which is mainly for Pro sports. So other than the rankings, the WBB blog and varied tweets no way to gain information about players and how their recruiting is going. I didn't even know who Justine Pissott was and had no idea we were recruiting her out of New Jersey so when she committed that was a total surprise. So no one really knows what players we've offered except the staff themselves. The WBB guy has some solid information and occasionally you get a tweet where a player has narrowed her team choices. Other than this information there is nothing like men's basketball or football where you basically know who your top five or more most likely commits are going to be well ahead of time. I constantly seek information for players that might be committing to Tennessee Lady Vol basketball all the time and at this time I have no idea who besides Justine will be in this class. Were in some players top ten and some players top five and other than knowing that not much more information to be had.

Gave some reasons in my previous post to rickster.

I think another reason this season may be that the coaches aren’t traveling to recruit. The whole town finds out when the Tennessee coach is in town to talk to someone. That information spreads and we then know that’s a high priority recruit if the HC visited them. With everything on zoom its a lot more hush hush.

When they recruited Tess we all knew almost immediately because everyone in Greenfield knew. When Kellie visited her I remember a bunch of people made accounts that day just to come say that and then never posted again.

No hate intended but I have a serious question.

Do the majority of posters on here really think Hawk/Weathers are being recruited heavily by UT?

I just don’t see it. So far, at the guard spot, we have brought in Walker and Miles. Both smaller and lightening quick (yes Jordy will be when that brace is off). Hawk and Weathers look like Tess Darby 2.0 to me. Not that it’s a bad thing, but I don’t think that’s what this staff is after in terms of guard play.

Haven’t seen any credible information that were actively recruiting them beyond maybe a feel good offer from the instate school. Not sure who brought their names to the board so heavily.

Last edited:
Do the majority of posters on here really think Hawk/Weathers are being recruited heavily by UT?

I don't think so based on what little film I have seen. They only got on the VolNation radar because of two or three posters who are pushing them. A couple of posters seem to only be here because they are promoting them and another because they are promoting themself.

I don't think so based on what little film I have seen. They only got on the VolNation radar because of two or three posters who are pushing them. A couple of posters seem to only be here because they are promoting them and another because they are promoting themself.

My take as well. I watched as much film as I could last night on both and couldn’t come up with what others were seeing. Neither are terribly quick, neither have a great vertical leap and I don’t know that I saw either of them grab a single rebound in their film. That’s definitely not a Kellie player.

giphy.gif

My Lady Vol brothers and sisters, from different mothers and fathers, I detect a disturbance among some of you....Not sure why, but perhaps I can ease your concerns, or at least give you fair and equal conversation about these fine young ladies.....

It seems that some of you have your doubts about the worthiness of little Madi Hawk, or Karly Weathers...Do they have "the right stuff" to wear the uniform of the Lady Vols?....Is that about it, or is there something else gnawing at your core?

Karly Weathers....This young lady is a fireball that will reek havoc on her opposition, whichever college she goes to...She has a beautiful deep out side shot, and has excellent handles for the lane drives, and appears to have very quick twitch muscles, which are needed for the two guard position...And she is a beast mode player.

Madi Hawk....She is a 2024 prospect, and has a ways to go before she is ripe enough for the Lady Vols...Of course, that's like saying the expected sunrise is hours away, but the weather forecast is sunny and bright...Get your sunblock ready, it's going to be hot....This little lady has the deep outside shot, and drives the lane like a commuter at rush hour traffic...Her little white head band is all over the court, be it on offense, or defense, her headband is flashing her presence......

I have no outside agenda, other than us being the best there is in the game...
tennessee_lady_vols_championship_banners.jpg

Last edited:
My Lady Vol brothers and sisters, from different mothers and fathers, I detect a disturbance among some of you....Not sure why, but perhaps I can ease your concerns, or at least give you fair and equal conversation about these fine young ladies.....

It seems that some of you have your doubts about the worthiness of little Madi Hawk, or Karly Weathers...Do they have "the right stuff" to wear the uniform of the Lady Vols?....Is that about it, or is there something else gnawing at your core?

Karly Weathers....This young lady is a fireball that will reek havoc on her opposition, whichever college she goes to...She has a beautiful deep out side shot, and has excellent handles for the lane drives, and appears to have very quick twitch muscles, which are needed for the two guard position...And she is a beast mode player.

Madi Hawk....She is a 2023 prospect, and has a ways to go before she is ripe enough for the Lady Vols...Of course, that's like saying the expected sunrise is hours away, but the weather forecast is sunny and bright...Get your sunblock ready, it's going to be hot....This little lady has the deep outside shot, and drives the lane like a commuter at rush hour traffic...Her little white head band is all over the court, be it on offense, or defense, her headband is flashing her presence......

Madi is just a freshman, class of 2024

Madi Hawk....She is a 2023 prospect, and has a ways to go before she is ripe enough for the Lady Vols...Of course, that's like saying the expected sunrise is hours away, but the weather forecast is sunny and bright...Get your sunblock ready, it's going to be hot....This little lady has the deep outside shot, and drives the lane like a commuter at rush hour traffic...Her little white head band is all over the court, be it on offense, or defense, her headband is flashing her presence......

Have you seen them play in person? Several times?

VN Store

Back