2022 Recruits

I don't think so based on what little film I have seen. They only got on the VolNation radar because of two or three posters who are pushing them. A couple of posters seem to only be here because they are promoting them and another because they are promoting themself.

...As for Hawk the verdict is still out. She has a lot of hype around her name but has been struggling this year until their weak conference play and hasn’t played real top level summer basketball at all. (On top of the fact she didn’t play at all last season). Who knows as of right now she has 1 mid major offer

Madi, as a HS FRESHMAN!,, went down to Tampa Florida went against top players in her class and came out ranked 13th. She has not been struggling this season. On a team with two Senior, both going to D1 scholarships, she is at 900 points right now!

She has only struggled (( AS A FRESHMAN in HS) with getting her 3 ball consistently off and is working hard to get it going better.
Madi Blue Star13.jpg
Blue star rated her #13 in the country

The fact that I promote this kid has nothing to do with the fact that I am working with her this summer,,,I also promoted Miles and Weathers and have gone to Striplin and Puckett's AAU games. And will undoubtedly go to Wynn's this summer,,,,Your theory is full of holes 2K22

Last edited:
Madi, as a HS FRESHMAN!,, went down to Tampa Florida went against top players in her class and came out ranked 13th. She has not been struggling this season. On a team with two Senior, both going to D1 scholarships, she is at 900 points right now!

She has only struggled (( AS A FRESHMAN in HS) with getting her 3 ball consistently off and is working hard to get it going better.
View attachment 346745
Blue star rated her #13 in the country

The fact that I promote this kid has nothing to do with the fact that I am working with her this summer,,,I also promoted Miles and Weathers and have gone to Striplin and Puckett's AAU games. And will undoubtedly go to Wynn's this summer,,,,Your theory is full of holes 2K22 and your cohort, Rickster,, is a Coach Jumper hater and a "game thread" pilferer,,,Nice company...and by the way look for likes from Darth, Bnut, GKV and t_vol376,,,some of my other "fans"

Bruh. We’ve all heard this from you before. I find it incredibly creepy that you try to insert yourself into potential recruits lives. I’m a huge fan and have coached at times. I would NEVER get in the middle of UTs recruiting. Great skills coaches don’t go looking for players to coach. Players and parents go looking for great skills coaches.

If for some reason you do manage to work with Madi I fear it will hurt her chances of becoming a Lady Vol. We all know, including you, that the program does not care for you. If you get involved it’s going to hurt her chances.

Everyone on here isn’t just picking on you. You set yourself up for it with your Hindenburg sized ego. Whoever filled you full of hot air needs to take some of it out.

Bruh. We’ve all heard this from you before. I find it incredibly creepy that you try to insert yourself into potential recruits lives. I’m a huge fan and have coached at times. I would NEVER get in the middle of UTs recruiting. Great skills coaches don’t go looking for players to coach. Players and parents go looking for great skills coaches.

If for some reason you do manage to work with Madi I fear it will hurt her chances of becoming a Lady Vol. We all know, including you, that the program does not care for you. If you get involved it’s going to hurt her chances.

Everyone on here isn’t just picking on you. You set yourself up for it with your Hindenburg sized ego. Whoever filled you full of hot air needs to take some of it out.

I didn't go looking for Madi,,,I was asked to coach in the Elite-80 and she played in it.
As for my hurting her chances, , , I haven't hurt other players. Miles is playing and I was instrumental in her getting a look.

The only trepidation towards me stems from my push to get Holly fired and replaced and was continued by her friend Phillip Fulmer. And he instilled his fears into Coach Kellie before she even got to meet me....Yes, I have some history to rewrite, but it isn't due to ineptness, it is due to fear...and so far Coach K has shown the fortitude of her mentor Coach Summitt, not her association with Coach Warlick

Last edited:
So perfect...It's as if Justine knew you guys fighting with each other, over nothing, needed the right words....

This little package of dynamite is now standing 6'4" and will be one of the most sought after players in America, but she wants to come and play for Coach Harper, and be a Lady Vol....

The only trepidation towards me stems from my push to get Holly fired and replaced and was continued by her friend Phillip Fulmer.
You sure? I remember program trepidation was way before fire Holly days. Which, by the way, the whole civilized world outside Holly and Phil were pushing for.
Yes, I have some history to rewrite, but it isn't due to ineptness, it is due to fear...
This is true. Eptness not the main issue. Fear was/is. On several levels

Last edited:
You sure? I remember program trepidation was way before fire Holly days. Which, by the way, the whole civilized world outside Holly and Phil were pushing for.

This is true. Eptness not the main issue. Fear was/is. On several levels

I got on this board in 2016
Holly was coaching in 2012
try again

Man, you are a piece of work

I got on this board in 2016
Holly was coaching in 2012
try again

Man, you are a piece of work
You misunderstand. The question wasn't when you came to the board. It was when/why the program became trepidacious. That was before the fire Holly days. And for other reasons.

But let's not today. Have a good one.

You misunderstand. The question wasn't when you came to the board. It was when/why the program became trepidacious. That was before the fire Holly days. And for other reasons.

But let's not today. Have a good one.
MeMe Jackson asked Coach Warlick for permission to use me as her summer coach in 2017. Before that Holly only had knowledge of me through this site

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
JMO I don't think we really care to much to sign a point guard in this class. I think were looking for a big post five type player and another player that is versatile enough to play 2-3-4. Point guard will be deep next season with Salary, Walker, Horston, and Miles so unless somebody dynamic wants to come to Tennessee don't see that being a position we'll worry about. I believe we would be willing to add a post through the portal for next season if we could find a player that would be an instant help. It will be Key a couple of freshmen and hopefully maybe Green next season so we could use a post player next season and definitely must have one or maybe two in 2022.

That would put us in the National Championship hunt.
Especially with the monster class South Carolina and UCONN has coming in, we have to recruit on an elite level in 2022 and 2023 or we won’t sniff a championship, and I’m just being honest. When was the last championship won, without elite level talent on the roster.....2011?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
JMO I don't think we really care to much to sign a point guard in this class. I think were looking for a big post five type player and another player that is versatile enough to play 2-3-4. Point guard will be deep next season with Salary, Walker, Horston, and Miles so unless somebody dynamic wants to come to Tennessee don't see that being a position we'll worry about. I believe we would be willing to add a post through the portal for next season if we could find a player that would be an instant help. It will be Key a couple of freshmen and hopefully maybe Green next season so we could use a post player next season and definitely must have one or maybe two in 2022.
100 % with you...need a "5"

we will have a ton of 3-4's and PG,,,a SG will emerge...Losing a 5 and losing another one soon thereafter

I can see your point . But have a thought to interject. Because of the time it takes to learn the point and the TRUE #5 position, you need to get the best at both positions as possible!
You can use point guards as a two or three if you have too many . South Carolina and Uconn have multiple guards on the court most of the time ! Henderson and Cooke play together all of the time and UConn has Evina ( our point) playing together with Beukers and Williams.... More teams are going to 4 or even 5 out and one or none inside! UConn has Fudd coming next year and Beukers is just a freshman! ( Both are #1 pig’s) Just Saying
Hard to get a point guard to come in as a freshman and start .... (Unless you are UConn)

The same with a 5 ..... Ono was a top 10 and she still needs more experience. Boston is the only freshman I have seen lately to dominate that spot and how many players like her are they to choose from ?

All this is conjecture and just my opinion. And I don’t think a project player is warranted unless they are 6’5” or bigger and a speedy ball handler that no one can take the ball from ? I’ll get off my soapbox now ! 😁

Last edited:
Does anyone on here know anything about Jaileyah Cotton? She’s also from Kentucky and lit Miles and her team up in an upset victory. From the footage I was able to find I like her better than Miles. She has the quicks like Miles but much better offensively.

Reactions: mcannon1
Does anyone on here know anything about Jaileyah Cotton? She’s also from Kentucky and lit Miles and her team up in an upset victory. From the footage I was able to find I like her better than Miles. She has the quicks like Miles but much better offensively.

I know Jumper likes Miles in spite of her ratings. But I agree with you we need to be after an elite PG in 2022 and if not 23 after Horsten leaves. She is playing out of position but gives you an option.

I know Jumper likes Miles in spite of her ratings. But I agree with you we need to be after an elite PG in 2022 and if not 23 after Horsten leaves. She is playing out of position but gives you an option.
Not saying miles won’t be a good player but Cotton dropped 29 points while being guarded by Miles

Attachments

• 79CD5379-8347-48F1-84DB-0BE06569D6F8.jpeg
    79CD5379-8347-48F1-84DB-0BE06569D6F8.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 13
  • D57C6CEA-ACEE-4A69-8905-D292A34EFC96.jpeg
    D57C6CEA-ACEE-4A69-8905-D292A34EFC96.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: mcannon1
Miles will be fine. She has the athletic ability as well as the offensive mindset to be successful. Once she gets with a coach who values defensive possessions just as much as offensive, she’ll improve on that side of the ball in order to get playing time.

Yes, you can see this happening with Salary right now. Her defense has improved significantly as SEC play is coming along. Pretty clear that’s what’s being preached in practice. Miles has the speed to be the on ball defender we need.

I like Miles, but if I was coaching her, I'd have to have another coach handle her, personally....As Clint Eastwood says, "A man has to know his limitations"... I work best with athletes like Jordan H, Rennia, Rae, McCoy,,,athletes who a coach can "talk" to and play with a little push and attitude.

Coach K will get more out of Miles than her present coach is getting bc she played the position and can relate to the type of player that Miles seems to be...I have no worries that Coach K will get the best out of her

Miles is not going to have a huge role next season Salary is developing to fast and Walker will have another year in the system and another year for her knee to get better. I see those two along with Horston occasionally being the point guard trio most of the minutes next season. Horston will play some two guard along with Wynn who could be elite even as a freshman. Then you have Burrell who may play a lot at the three with Davis gone along with Puckett getting some minutes there. Suarez I think is also more suited for the three position. Striplin looks to be the major player at the four depending on if Green comes back or is able to play. Key back at center and at this point looks like Saunders is set for a larger role as a backup five. The rotation could be 9 or 10 next season because of having more players that are capable of playing quality minutes. No doubt team depth will be the best we've had in years. Depending on how the younger players can contribute looks like a top three SEC team to me.

As far as 2022 there is a player or two point guards that we are recruiting, but it is a very select two or three players and if they choose to go elsewhere then there won't be a point guard in 2022 class. The major need is post players and we need them in 2022 class or through the portal.

Last edited:
It would be nice to sign a big. Not sure it is a make or break thing if we are off by a year with the portal improving our chances for temp help. The main thing is to reestablish the brand as a contender by winning. Once that is heading in the right direction, and Kellie has developed inroads to the truly elite players, she will be able to sign her priority targets. Winning cures all, even the dreaded negavol psychosis.

VN Store

Back