2022 Recruits

I think Kelley will get a "killer" class of 3 this year.

Seems to me the class should be bigger if we can add talented kids. The bottom half of the current roster has several kids that can’t play at this level and some likely transfer. Seems we have some shooters coming between 21 and with the start of 22. Going to need athleticism too though. We have three plus players in Davis, Burrell and Horsten. They also are the most athletic. All but one will be gone when the 22s arrive.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Exit #373, Campbell Station Road...last game 27 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assist.

Under that logic of education IVY League Schools would be better top to bottom. Not discrediting a Duke education but Kara to my knowledge is the only women's coach who has won a NCAA title, WNBA title and was on an NBA staff after she was on TV through most of these kids youth of watching college games.
t
No, in fact, Ivy league doesn't offer academic scholarships. However, Harvard has more than enough to cover ever student's, they want, tuition.If they want you. Would your tell your daughter to say no? In fact, coaches in Ivy League do not contact player, other then enough to cover every students, accepted tuition.I couch may only support supporting their admissions

Last edited:
Reactions: Majors
What does this mean?

I live southwest of Knoxville in Chattanooga, but I often take Exit 373 to Campbell Station Road to get some food on the way home from attending games at TBA. So, IMO, "Majors" is referring to a talented player who lives near Knoxville.

Reactions: Majors
I live southwest of Knoxville in Chattanooga, but I often take Exit 373 to Campbell Station Road to get some food on the way home from attending games at TBA. So, IMO, "Majors" is referring to a talented player who lives near Knoxville.

Local kids like Ace do not come along often. Food is good too!

Last edited:
Local kids like Ace not come along often. Food is good too!
Though I’m never excited about reaches, I’ll admit there are at least 4 on the roster now that ought to transfer down a level if they want any meaningful playing opportunity. So there could be space late in a recruiting cycle if you fail on targets

Karly Weathers and the Loretto Lady Mustangs are playing Sara Puckett and the Lady Trojans of Muscle Shoals tonight. At the half, Loretto leads 35-14. Karly has 19 and Puckett has 2. Puckett got her 3rd foul (her last was a technical) and went to the bench with 5:15 to go in the 2nd quarter.

Edit
Final: Loretto 73- Muscle Shoals 42
2022 Karly Weathers had 29 for Loretto
UT signee Sara Puckett had 13 for Muscle Shoals

Last edited:
GasCan.jpg

Karly Weathers and the Loretto Lady Mustangs are playing Sara Puckett and the Lady Trojans of Muscle Shoals tonight. At the half, Loretto leads 35-14. Karly has 19 and Puckett has 2. Puckett got her 3rd foul (her last was a technical) and went to the bench with 5:15 to go in the 2nd quarter.

Edit
Final: Loretto 73- Muscle Shoals 42
2022 Karly Weathers had 29 for Loretto
UT signee Sara Puckett had 13 for Muscle Shoals
is the Lady Vol offer for Karly still on the table??

is the Lady Vol offer for Karly still on the table??
Haven’t asked Karly directly. If it’s not, it’s a bad decision. She was easily the best player in the floor last night and while Puckett was on the floor, she guarded Karly. Puckett was best offensively while she was running the floor, pulling up in the lane. But she had nothing defensively against Karly who hit at least 3 step back threes after faking drives and still went to the basket even though Puckett was 3-4” taller. KW also had at least 8 assists. Here she is driving on her and shooting over her. If we don’t make an effort to sign her, we may regret it. She can flat play the game.

Attachments

• 112F66E1-9B15-4471-879C-BD3CA62C1DA9.jpeg
    112F66E1-9B15-4471-879C-BD3CA62C1DA9.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 53BEF6A6-6DD7-4772-B81D-5B3DBF57D8FF.jpeg
    53BEF6A6-6DD7-4772-B81D-5B3DBF57D8FF.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
The staff is going to be real selective on who they want for ‘22. I dont Expect a big class , and with the options we seem to have in our favor , a player like Weathers may be best suited to head elsewhere . Again, nothing is for certain of course.

Haven’t asked Karly directly. If it’s not, it’s a bad decision. She was easily the best player in the floor last night and while Puckett was on the floor, she guarded Karly. Puckett was best offensively while she was running the floor, pulling up in the lane. But she had nothing defensively against Karly who hit at least 3 step back threes after faking drives and still went to the basket even though Puckett was 3-4” taller. KW also had at least 8 assists. Here she is driving on her and shooting over her. If we don’t make an effort to sign her, we may regret it. She can flat play the game.

That was my fear watching Puckett. Like the rest of this class, a one dimensional player. Not to take away from KW, but Puckett is going to get torched at this level...

The staff is going to be real selective on who they want for ‘22. I dont Expect a big class , and with the options we seem to have in our favor , a player like Weathers may be best suited to head elsewhere . Again, nothing is for certain of course.

I've seen her in person too and this is not one to let drop through the cracks...she is quick, and her BB IQ is off the charts.

That was my fear watching Puckett. Like the rest of this class, a one dimensional player. Not to take away from KW, but Puckett is going to get torched at this level...

just leave,,,if you;re not a fan, you're a troll
and the shoe fits!

a68b367a-a8e4-44d1-91fa-6c3b91901d10.__CR0,0,300,400_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

I've seen her in person too and this is not one to let drop through the cracks...she is quick, and her BB IQ is off the charts.
And I’ll say this , she very well could come here, but she’s not option A. I’ll leave it alone at that . She is a hooper with a high IQ like you said .

And I’ll say this , she very well could come here, but she’s not option A. I’ll leave it alone at that . She is a hooper with a high IQ like you said .

with the size class we have coming in next year, yes our options are limited,,,I would take her and a top tenner and be done with 22

with the size class we have coming in next year, yes our options are limited,,,I would take her and a top tenner and be done with 22

Why when you have at minimum four players on the roster that cannot play at this level? At all. She needs to be recruiting over.

Reactions: VolFuture2k22
If the 6 current juniors and seniors leave on time, the remaining 7 (plus 4 incoming) would allow room for 4 additions in the ‘22 signing class. Carrying a full roster of 15 has become popular with the burgeoning impact of the portal.

Why when you have at minimum four players on the roster that cannot play at this level? At all. She needs to be recruiting over.
Not sure about all of that. Just know that Karly is a kid who sees the floor, can score the ball and can lead a team because of the effort and attitude. She needs to at least have the opportunity to be part of the ‘22 class if she chooses.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back