2022 Recruits

I am really liking this young lady Karly Weathers more and more when I look at her clips... she seems to also have a bit of a killer streak !

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I have to disagree....Pat Summitt, Gino whatshisname, Mike somekindofSki, John Wooden, Vic Schaefer, Dawn Staley,,,,its all about coaching!

Of course coaching matters. But you just named the coaches that got the best players in their game aside from Staley who is likely second. Talent matters most although Mike K squandered the best recruiting class of all time a couple of years ago. I’ll give you another. Calipari has won more NCAA games and been to more final fours than anyone in the 10-11 years at KY. He mostly has one and done talent and seldom keeps kids more than two years. Is he a good coach, sure. But talent is the key as he is always first to admit.

Thats why I often say "Stars are for Astronomers"...
Pucket is a gunner
Striplin is a hoss
Wynn is a baller
and
Miles is lightning quick

Add them to Tess the shooter
Salary the athlete
the versatile Marta
and
Keyen the beast
with the returners...It will not be about talent, it will be about what we do with the talent

Is this iambic pentameter or the beginnings of a Homeric epic?

Reactions: Bret178
Thats why I often say "Stars are for Astronomers"...
Pucket is a gunner
Striplin is a hoss
Wynn is a baller
and
Miles is lightning quick

Add them to Tess the shooter
Salary the athlete
the versatile Marta
and
Keyen the beast
with the returners...It will not be about talent, it will be about what we do with the talent
Of all them I wanna see what Marta is capable of and why Coach wanted her

Reactions: krichunaka
So what is she suppose to do when she's fighting to get the top rank?

Recruiting is a huge part of coaching. It's Kellie's responsibility to establish relationships with elite prospects and sell them on her vision for the program. She knew this when she signed up.

Banghart started behind Kellie and she's already destroying her on the recruiting trail...

Speaking of NC State... man would I love to be in their shoes. It’s just funny I can seem to remember the last top 10 talent/player to go there, and yet they finished number 8 in the AP Poll... hmmm. Honestly it’s hard to think of a top 20 player in the last 5 years

Yeah, it's amazing how quickly they rose after Kellie left. I'm sure she laid the foundation... 🤔

Recruiting is a huge part of coaching. It's Kellie's responsibility to establish relationships with elite prospects and sell them on her vision for the program. She knew this when she signed up.

Banghart started behind Kellie and she's already destroying her on the recruiting trail...

Spoken like a true UCon fan, , , "party on Darth"

Reactions: Memvol44
Of all them I wanna see what Marta is capable of and why Coach wanted her

Me too. Out of this bunch I am looking for Destiny to be the gem though...Keyen I feel will use this as a platform,,,What I saw of Marta's overseas play kinda has me wondering if she is ready for the brutality and physicalness of SEC play,,,we'll see.

Then go be a UNC fan. Its not a hard thing to do. You complain so much about what Tenn is doing, find a team that does what you want.

I believe one thing that benefited Banghart in recruiting over Kellie is that can promise recruits the opportunity for playing time because she inherited a roster that had more upperclassmen on the team that Kellie did. Banghart has only 2 players left on the team than played under the former coach and they are seniors.

I do think that Kellie has to reel in some consensus top 25 players in the 2022 class.

Agreed recruiting is a major portion of a D1 coach's job. But I think it's unfair to compare Kelly's and Courtney's first year recruiting because of the amount of positive press the Courtney got from the NY-NJ media while Kelly was doing just as good a job in a vast media waste land. Many more prospects had read about what a great coach Courtney is and weren't exposed to Kelly. It's all about the media.

Agreed recruiting is a major portion of a D1 coach's job. But I think it's unfair to compare Kelly's and Courtney's first year recruiting because of the amount of positive press the Courtney got from the NY-NJ media while Kelly was doing just as good a job in a vast media waste land. Many more prospects had read about what a great coach Courtney is and weren't exposed to Kelly. It's all about the media.

I want a Lady Vols vs UNC game this season to put all this nonsense behind us. I have no doubt that Kellie will win that game.

I'm not sure how much "press" you think Princeton women's basketball gets from the sports-saturated NY/NJ media and how many high level recruits you think the programs are fighting over from that area. Also, both coaches have been at their current, high-profile positions for more than a year now.

The media has nothing to do with it, Banghart is simply a better recruiter...

I'm not sure how much "press" you think Princeton women's basketball gets from the sports-saturated NY/NJ media and how many high level recruits you think the programs are fighting over from that area. Also, both coaches have been at their current, high-profile positions for more than a year now.

The media has nothing to do with it, Banghart is simply a better recruiter...

Everyone is saying Kellie is less of a recruiter based on one player ! JMO

We got the first Key and little sister didn’t want to follow big sis to UT ! Why is that ? How about staying close to home and friends .....
Tired of everyone comparing them to each other !
I have an older brother and everyone always said : there goes _____ ______ ‘s little brother ! I got to where I felt like I didn’t have my own name till I went to college..... I know how little sis feels and it makes perfect sense to me ! I would not have gone to the same school either. JMO

VN Store

Back