2022 Recruits

I think the ratio of 2 vs 3 pt shot attempts pulls her overall Ave down. Like you pointed out 60% 3pta.
43% on 3s and 57% 2s

43% on threes is a really good percentage. You want your guards to shoot about 40% overall so hitting better than that from distance is excellent.

Kind of a small sample on that last year though so she might be improved, or she might be a little under 40% on the threes like previous years, but good stats either way.

You want your posts to shoot 60% so she is right there on her two point shots. If she can translate those numbers to the next level she has a chance to be elite depending on what the rest of her game is like. It will be fun seeing her post up smaller guards. But it might not be so much fun seeing her try to stay in front of them so I could see her playing the three spot some.

Anyone know what position Kellie intends to play her at?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Ayanna Patterson brother is wayyyy older then her..thought he could ya know speak about his time at TN but he was there before even Candace Parker was there
Andre Patterson - Men's Basketball - University of Tennessee Athletics
UConn is recruiting Patterson and so are several other teams. I think right now it is hard for Coach Harper and staff to win these battles because some of these schools and coaches have relationships with these players that go back a lot longer. We'll see because if we fail then we got all these nega vols to say how she can't recruit they are just waiting to pounce. It is what they live for.

Last edited:
UConn is recruiting Patterson and so are several other teams. I think right now it is hard for Coach Harper and staff to win these battles because some of these schools and coaches have relationships with these players that go back a lot longer. We'll see because if we fail then we got all these nega vols to say how she can't recruit they are just waiting to pounce. It is what they live for.

I don't think most fans understand that. They think that Kellie can come in yesterday and pick up top stars. It's a process. She just made it in top coaches so that alone is great nationally. Most first ye coaches are struggling

Last edited:
I don't think most fans understand that. They think that Kellie can come in yesterday and pick up top stars. It's a process. She just made it in top coaches so that alone is great nationally. Most first ye coaches are struggling

There is also an inherent advantage of the first couple of years at a tradion rich school when the new coach can sell vision to get back to the top to recruits. After a few years, you become the level your record says you are. So, sometimes the early classes are your best opportunity in recruiting. 2022 will be the third class but really the second full cycle which is ample relationship time for dogged, effective recruiters imo.

43% on threes is a really good percentage. You want your guards to shoot about 40% overall so hitting better than that from distance is excellent.

Kind of a small sample on that last year though so she might be improved, or she might be a little under 40% on the threes like previous years, but good stats either way.

You want your posts to shoot 60% so she is right there on her two point shots. If she can translate those numbers to the next level she has a chance to be elite depending on what the rest of her game is like. It will be fun seeing her post up smaller guards. But it might not be so much fun seeing her try to stay in front of them so I could see her playing the three spot some.

Anyone know what position Kellie intends to play her at?
Great perspective. I was just thinking about 60% of shots at the typical harder to hit 3pts. Hope I didn’t sound critical.

Looks pretty bad for the lady Vols. This is not Missouri state. Got to greatly improve recruiting soon Or, I don’t know. Hope for the best, next years team could determine Kellie’s future. Sure hope we over exceed expectations.

This is a very small portion of the available players in that class. These were the ladies projected to be toward the top but that’s not the case really. Some have already committed to other schools who weren’t in their top 5-6 because people backed off. We won’t know who the real front runners in 2022 are until this summer. Lots of kids didn’t play over the winter but will be playing summer ball.

As we’ve seen so far during the Kellie years, most of our commitments are going to come as a surprise to the fans. They are very tight lipped about who they are recruiting. I think they might even be asking potential recruits to not mention they are being recruited by UT. We didn’t see one single thing about Justine or from Justine until she had officially committed.

This is a very small portion of the available players in that class. These were the ladies projected to be toward the top but that’s not the case really. Some have already committed to other schools who weren’t in their top 5-6 because people backed off. We won’t know who the real front runners in 2022 are until this summer. Lots of kids didn’t play over the winter but will be playing summer ball.

As we’ve seen so far during the Kellie years, most of our commitments are going to come as a surprise to the fans. They are very tight lipped about who they are recruiting. I think they might even be asking potential recruits to not mention they are being recruited by UT. We didn’t see one single thing about Justine or from Justine until she had officially committed.

there has to be more we dont know about

Looks pretty bad for the lady Vols. This is not Missouri state. Got to greatly improve recruiting soon Or, I don’t know. Hope for the best, next years team could determine Kellie’s future. Sure hope we over exceed expectations.

Barker and Patterson are not on the list. There's a lot of the top players not on the list. Have faith, Kellie will do really well this year in recruiting.

I think Justine committing so early kind of pushed the recruiting cycle timing up in some folks minds. This seems to have created a bit of “we’re missing out” worry for folks.

Hope you guys are right, not whistling thru the graveyard. We will see I guess.

Having a 2022 kid who went thorough the process and is off the board here is first hand information from D1 schools. The class of 2022 is the class hit hardest by the NCAA rules in place for the extended dead period and throw on top of that the additional year for those already on campus. Are there spots for '22 ,yes, if you are needed or better than what is on campus already. Depth charts play a key role and the log jam has caused kids to be taken off the board or told to wait and see if a player transfers or decides not to come back (bird in the hand or two in the bush). Coaches right now are relying on edited video, live streamed games, contacts with travel/AAU coaches to fill needs. Many D1 schools are at the luxury of having experienced kids on the roster to keep the momentum going without having to infuse youth and can focus on the class of '24 while keeping tabs on the '23 class. Who is/will benefit the most, D2, lower D1 schools based on the rules. The top kids have been identified early and are off the market, is there a kid out there that is a later bloomer, absolutely- unfortunately she will have to go D2 or hold out and take the best D1 offer if/when it opens.

Just my experience and two cents from the front row

Having a 2022 kid who went thorough the process and is off the board here is first hand information from D1 schools. The class of 2022 is the class hit hardest by the NCAA rules in place for the extended dead period and throw on top of that the additional year for those already on campus. Are there spots for '22 ,yes, if you are needed or better than what is on campus already. Depth charts play a key role and the log jam has caused kids to be taken off the board or told to wait and see if a player transfers or decides not to come back (bird in the hand or two in the bush). Coaches right now are relying on edited video, live streamed games, contacts with travel/AAU coaches to fill needs. Many D1 schools are at the luxury of having experienced kids on the roster to keep the momentum going without having to infuse youth and can focus on the class of '24 while keeping tabs on the '23 class. Who is/will benefit the most, D2, lower D1 schools based on the rules. The top kids have been identified early and are off the market, is there a kid out there that is a later bloomer, absolutely- unfortunately she will have to go D2 or hold out and take the best D1 offer if/when it opens.

Just my experience and two cents from the front row

I like your post well said this is what my brother was saying as he go around the country scouting HS basketball players. As you know some of the top players are noting even playing this year they are just shutting it down. Like you said if you are needed or better than what is on campus already. To me i don`t think any of the top players in the class of 22 want to sign with a team and just sit that`s just me.

Reactions: mlindsay and Majors
I like your post well said this is what my brother was saying as he go around the country scouting HS basketball players. As you know some of the top players are noting even playing this year they are just shutting it down. Like you said if you are needed or better than what is on campus already. To me i don`t think any of the top players in the class of 22 want to sign with a team and just sit that`s just me.

It's an unfortunate situation all the way around and the longer it goes the window closes more and more.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlindsay

VN Store

Back