2022 Recruits

Sure would be good to get some commitments to take away that last bastion of the Negas and trolls.

I'm enjoying the winning and ranking right now just sort of living in the moment. With the portal how it is i hate to say it but missing out on some HS recruits can be covered up with hitting in the portal lol

We need to pull a post player and a point guard were set. The post needs to be at least 6'4" and hopefully very mobile. Point guard a three point dagger shooter and elite ball handler. If we had both of those with our returnees and Justine I can see final four much better than I can this season.

she is the only signed HS recruit besides Edie Darby the walk-on. The LV are active in the portal right now so don't be surprised by a couple of portal transfers.

14 out of 15 slots filled this year right? Dye and Walker out of here for sure, right? Rae has a covid year I think, does she come back? Don't have a read on her WNBA mindset. If she does and assuming the balance do, that leaves us two max slots to offer with our one current addition. Getting Marta back sure helps. Bet there are some folks out there that will fill our needs in the portalsphere where we would look like a good fit. I will not approach the edge of the Henley Bridge for a while yet, even though it has a great view of TBA.

14 out of 15 slots filled this year right? Dye and Walker out of here for sure, right? Rae has a covid year I think, does she come back? Don't have a read on her WNBA mindset. If she does and assuming the balance do, that leaves us two max slots to offer with our one current addition. Getting Marta back sure helps. Bet there are some folks out there that will fill our needs in the portalsphere where we would look like a good fit. I will not approach the edge of the Henley Bridge for a while yet, even though it has a great view of TBA.
Dye does not have an further eligibility. However, both Rae and Jordan W have the COVID year available to them, if they choose to use it. The conventional wisdom is that Rae will leave but not so sure about Jordan W.

If Burrell leaves UT will have only one big-time player next year, and that's not good. Couldn't we have signed one more player in '22? Regardless,
we badly need an athletic front-court player and an athletic guard with some size, IMO.

Welp lucky there is a player and they could even come with experience

If Burrell leaves UT will have only one big-time player next year, and that's not good. Couldn't we have signed one more player in '22? Regardless,
we badly need an athletic front-court player and an athletic guard with some size, IMO.
I'd love to see who you consider to be only one big time player?

Key and Horston are both bigtime players. Puckett has the ability to be a big time player as she progresses. The jump from freshman to sophomore is usually dramatic. Pissott will be a bigtime player maybe not as a freshman. I still think Wynn will be a bigtime player she has to prove it. Key and Horston however are undeniably bigtime players.

Dye does not have an further eligibility. However, both Rae and Jordan W have the COVID year available to them, if they choose to use it. The conventional wisdom is that Rae will leave but not so sure about Jordan W.

I have never heard definitively Rae is leaving. Listening for sure. Was not sure of the impact of her games missed on her draft position. I do not expect her back but would not be shocked if she stayed depending on the feedback over the next few weeks.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have never heard definitively Rae is leaving. Listening for sure. Was not sure of the impact of her games missed on her draft position. I do not expect her back but would not be shocked if she stayed depending on the feedback over the next few weeks.
If she maintains her status as a first round WNBA pick which is now shown as the number 6 pick in the draft she will be gone. The only way she might stay is if she got a NIL deal which would be more money than the WNBA. The big problem with not leaving after this season is that this is a weaker draft. The one following has the most talent I've ever seen a draft have. She would probably drop to the lower part of the first round by staying next season.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If she maintains her status as a first round WNBA pick which is now shown as the number 6 pick in the draft she will be gone. The only way she might stay is if she got a NIL deal which would be more money than the WNBA. The big problem with not leaving after this season is that this is a weaker draft. The one following has the most talent I've ever seen a draft have. She would probably drop to the lower part of the first round by staying next season.
Go! We wish you well!!!
Would hate to see her hurt her draft stock. She was part of getting the program back on track! Nothing but gratitude for that young lady.

I wonder if she’s leaving as well. Three weeks ago I would have said she would be gone for certain.

As of today I’m not so sure. She is still projected top 10 but I have not heard a word about scouts being at our games to watch her. Watching other games it has been mentioned for several other players that scouts were in the building. Makes me think they might know more than we do and she may still decide to come back.

Also think with the injury it wouldn’t be the worst thing for her. She was really good last season. So far since she has returned she is a bit up and down. Could maybe use the extra year to show she can be that player night in and night out.

Having her back with a mature Horston and Key plus the others we would be really really tough again. Especially if we are able to get a good backup post from the portal.

Reactions: travis929
This is not a good thing …, losing Jaz and others! Some feel they are problematic players and according to a teammate (mother) ….. Kennedy is a problem player ? Just Saying 🤔

Were we even targeting her or was it her sister ? Also, where was the playing time going to come from? Looks like we won't really need a PG til the 2024 class.

Reactions: glv98

VN Store

Back