Votes: 6 0.8%
  • 5-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-9

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Losing to USCe after embarrassing them last year? I'd take your prediction but... pretty bold by you. I think besides the possible talent differential there is a style of play advantage for UT vs USCe.
I found that post by Nationdom while looking for a post by me about this very thing. I was looking for it to see what I said. I couldn't find it.

Before season started if I had to pick the wins and losses of a 10-2 season, what would they be? I guess the way it turned out is as good as any.

I called 10-2 and I remember some people thinking I was crazy. . . 8-4, 9-3. . . even some people saying 7-5 would be overachieving. Now all the sudden 10-2 is a letdown.

Sure USC was disappointing and a letdown, but the whole season is neither of those things.

View attachment 517551
A rising tide lifts all boats (and expectations). Just comes with the territory

A rising tide lifts all boats (and expectations). Just comes with the territory
For years sports reporters have decried TN fanbase as delusional with unrealistic expectations for a once great program in perpetual state of decline. Now at last there is good evidence on the field that the highet expectations are warranted. 10 regular season wins is a great start for a comeback and good reason to expect better things to come in the coming years.

I found that post by Nationdom while looking for a post by me about this very thing. I was looking for it to see what I said. I couldn't find it.

Before season started if I had to pick the wins and losses of a 10-2 season, what would they be? I guess the way it turned out is as good as any.
Pretty amazing and very unlikely outcome... but it happened.

I think CJH has a big season but falls short against our big rivals. 9-3 with the shot at 10 wins when we go bowling.

Well… not quite right. Lol

We beat all of our Big 3 rivals but are still on track for 9-3 with a shot at 10-2 when we go bowling.

Close but no cigar and I’m glad. This season was fun. Some of it sucked but compared to the past 15 years this was great.

Now beat Vandy and dominate a bowl. 11-2 would look really good for recruits.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
Just because we overachieved from “predictions”, doesn’t mean we should move the goalposts and be ok with a loss. This team was playoff bound and blew it period.
It is perfectly ok for you to not be ok with the South Carolina loss. The goalposts moved based on unexpected early season wins, and then again with an unforeseen loss @ South Carolina. Fluid situation sir. You don't have to stay stuck on last week and lost possible playoff hopes.

Just because we overachieved from “predictions”, doesn’t mean we should move the goalposts and be ok with a loss. This team was playoff bound and blew it period.
So we're supposed to be pissed about a ton of progress in our program? That just dumb, period.

Reactions: headhunter15

VN Store

Back