Votes: 6 0.8%
  • 5-7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-9

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
The odds of that happening (beat the Gumps but lose to the 'Cocks) are astronomical..................but I'd take it. And Heupel's future at UT would be 100% safe.
In fairness, I bet A&M fans would have said the same thing last year about beating Bama but losing to Mississippi State.

Could really be anywhere from 5-7 to 9-3. Too many of us are under estimating Pitt, FL, LSU, KY, SC, and Missouri. All 6 of those are closer to being toss ups than they are games we "should win". Add in Georgia and Alabama and things could go off the rails fast.

Really just comes down to the defense. This could be, at worst (assuming no injuries to HH5), a solid 8-4 team or a special 10-2 team.

I would put easy W’s as: Ball State, Akron, UTM and Vandy

Big favorites: Mizzou, South Carolina

Slight favorites: Pitt, Florida, Kentucky

Slight underdogs: LSU

Big underdogs: Bama, UGA

The Pitt, Florida and LSU games are really going to determine the season.

UK is a W until proven otherwise. I don’t think they can hang with us for 4 quarters in Neyland Stadium.

I also think this is the worst LSU team we will have played in 20 years (not because of pure talent, just catching them in a transition year), so we need to take advantage.

Beat Saban but lose to Beamer? If that happens then some serious questions need to be asked about Heupels future here.
Beamer had a good season last year, much improved in the first season he’s there. I’m not sure how good they’ll be this year, but saying that before we even know how good they are is a little pre mature

Could really be anywhere from 5-7 to 9-3. Too many of us are under estimating Pitt, FL, LSU, KY, SC, and Missouri. All 6 of those are closer to being toss ups than they are games we "should win". Add in Georgia and Alabama and things could go off the rails fast.
I think most view UF and LSU as toss ups or slight favorites.

On what do you make that claim about Pitt, USCe, or Mizzou? Mizzou may be worse than last year. The spread between their top players and back ups is massive... making them extremely thin. USCe has big talent holes.

If Milton hits those early openings vs Pitt the Vols would have monkey stomped them. They let them hang around and then their Heisman candidate QB and AA WR made some good things happen. What reason do you have to project a massive improvement for them? If they beat the Vols then UT will have regressed significantly..... and NO progress will have been made in implementing Heupel's "system".

Losses to LSU Florida Alabama and Georgia
I don’t think we lose to all four but I also don’t know that we’ll run the table with the balance of the schedule. KY will be close and will be interesting what SC looks like w the Oklahoma QB. Think Pitt is at least a 2 TD win. Personally think we have a great shot at UF and LSU if we develop a 3rd down D.

VN Store

Back