2022 NCAA Regionals and SUPER REGIONALS Discussion Thread (excluding Knoxville Super Regional)

Update on the Coral Gables Regional. Heck of a time for a tropical storm to blow through.

That is a really bad turn for teams in that regional ... so, now they are looking at a Monday finish at best, possibly Tuesday.
1654269331931.png
1654269703860.png
With the weather reportedly expecting to be as bad or worse on Saturday ... it could be a Tuesday or Wednesday finish .... ouch!!!!
Since there might be as many as 11 games running concurrently during our game ... might want to check out:
StatBroadcast® Systems - Events
If you want to check in on multiple games ... pretty nice to be able to put each game on a tab and check on the game at will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Looking to lay a little mullah on the line. Who do y’all like today?

I foresee upset Friday. Several of these lower seeded teams have one stud pitcher who will find success today.

To start with the early game winners (#3 seeds):
Campbell beats Georgia Tech easy
Texas Tech
UConn
VCU
San Diego

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
D1Baseball is a great site/resource, but they can be abysmal when it comes to posted schedules. I guess the Southern Miss game isn't starting until 2:00 p.m. EDT, so there's nothing going on until UCLA/FSU and Campbell/GA Tech at noon.

I know it’s just NAIA World Series but this is the rubber match and it’s almost over, bottom of the 7th, continues from a rain delay last night.
ESPN 3

Lol!!! The reception is kinda fuzzy out there in the greater Normandy area. Hope you threw the 8 ball in the lake!

My arm isn't that good. Should tossed that thing last year about mid-season of football.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
I foresee upset Friday. Several of these lower seeded teams have one stud pitcher who will find success today.

To start with the early game winners (#3 seeds):
Campbell beats Georgia Tech easy
Texas Tech
UConn
VCU
San Diego
Campbell might be the lower seeded team, but they are favored to win. They’re expecting a scoring fest with a total set at 16 lol

Reactions: WillisWG
Campbell might be the lower seeded team, but they are favored to win. They’re expecting a scoring fest with a total set at 16 lol

Yeah. Even though GT has an outstanding catcher, the Camels will run them into the ground. Not looking at the numbers, but think they have about 50% more stolen bases than Vols, Tech, or State.

GT just doesn't have much pitching. Like Vanderbilt doesn't have enough offense to be taken seriously.

In general, the southern or SW teams will beat the Northern teams. Think about the teams in Omaha last year. NC State, Arizona, Stanford, Vandy, Mississippi State, Virginia, Vols, Texas. It is the south and warm weather west. That same pattern will hold true this year.

That isn't discrimination. If this was the NCAA Hockey tournament, the northern kids would beat the southern teams.

I don't know the odds, but suggest betting against teams like: Michigan, Notre Dame, Long Island University, Army West Point (even though they get players from everywhere), Columbia, Central Michigan, Air Force (also recruits nationally), etc.

North Carolina will beat the snot out of Hofstra. Same with Stanford over Binghamton, Miami over Canisius by any score they want.

I would take the New Mexico State Aggies with a bunch of runs against the OSU Beavers.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back