2022 Depth Chart Speculation

Volmac2022

OLine looks very thin. Hopefully the 2024 recruits will finally address the last bit of depth issues we will have and we can then recruit like normal and be picky on who we want.

LittleVol

Nothing better than good VOL Football
OLine looks very thin. Hopefully the 2024 recruits will finally address the last bit of depth issues we will have and we can then recruit like normal and be picky on who we want.
We're about average i say. In talent and bodies. It's a legit SEC line that will allow us to have success on offense for what we do.
And this 2023 class is pivotal for OL

T2P_Priceless

8/5/2022 UPDATE LINK --- Updated based on feedback in this thread, practice reports, podcasts, and Dixon addition. Continued feedback encouraged!

vvv ORIGINAL POST vvv
I took a shot at a depth chart today based on practice reports and prior year observations. Please give corrections/modifications. I plan to update this as we approach kickoff. The defensive secondary is complete spitballing at this point.

View attachment 477250

View attachment 477251
Until Bru gets back into game shape from his injury and is eligible you have to put him 3d at best

Sounds like Calloway might still be inconsistent. Not sure he’s 2d at any WR position

Bumphus might be at SDE from what I’m hearing. But I have also heard Bailey is looking good there too

SoddyAllVol

Where would we speculate Dixon lands on the depth chart? I would assume ahead of the freshmen for now, but could he end up #1 or #2?
I say 2 or 3 Small is the clear starter right now but if I remember correctly Dixon doesn’t look like a slouch by any means and it wouldn’t surprise me if they had a close to even amount of touches. Wright will still get his too.

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
8/17/2022! Updated based on feedback in this thread, practice reports, podcasts, and scrimmages. Updated w/ green highlights for positions that are locked down or 90%+ confident; orange highlights for major position battles. Continued feedback encouraged!

• The WR opposite Tillman is a tossup IMO. If McCoy gets eligible by the 22nd, I could see him leaping to #1 for the opener.
  • White will get snaps but is probably too small to have a huge role this season.
  • I think Crawford may have a bit of an edge on Mincey but expect them to be close to 50/50 splitting snaps against Ball St and that film may dictate the rest of the season if there is a discernable difference in their grade.
  • I may add a 3rd string to the OL but it's had to tell who is getting reps where... it would be spitballing at best.
  • Hadden vs Charles vs Turnage is a tossup at this point. From reports, it does seem like Burrell has locked up the other #1 CB spot.
  • I'm a bit surprised that McDonald seems to have moved past Walker, but this is still a tossup if Walker can get healthy again - he didn't come here to sit.
  • Even though I think we need an upgrade at safety, we seem to be rolling with our starters from last year. Has anyone had a quieter camp than Slaughter? Has anyone heard much about him?

1660759953147.png

1660759981712.png

Attachments

Allvols1996

8/17/2022 UPDATE LINK --- Updated based on feedback in this thread, practice reports, podcasts, and scrimmages. Updated w/ green highlights for positions that are locked down or 90%+ confident; orange highlights for major position battles. Continued feedback encouraged!

8/5/2022 UPDATE LINK --- Updated based on feedback in this thread, practice reports, podcasts, and Dixon addition.

vvv ORIGINAL POST vvv
I took a shot at a depth chart today based on practice reports and prior year observations. Please give corrections/modifications. I plan to update this as we approach kickoff. The defensive secondary is complete spitballing at this point.

View attachment 477250

View attachment 477251
Dixon nor even on your chart? He’ll be 3rd string RB out of the gate based on experience alone.

VN Store