2022 Depth Chart Speculation

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
8/29/2022 UPDATE LINK --- Updated based on feedback in this thread, practice reports, podcasts, and Dixon subtraction.

8/17/2022 UPDATE LINK --- Updated based on feedback in this thread, practice reports, podcasts, and scrimmages. Updated w/ green highlights for positions that are locked down or 90%+ confident; orange highlights for major position battles. Continued feedback encouraged!

8/5/2022 UPDATE LINK --- Updated based on feedback in this thread, practice reports, podcasts, and Dixon addition.

vvv ORIGINAL POST vvv
I took a shot at a depth chart today based on practice reports and prior year observations. Please give corrections/modifications. I plan to update this as we approach kickoff. The defensive secondary is complete spitballing at this point.

1659471371082.png

1659471409323.png

Last edited:
I took a shot at a depth chart today based on practice reports and prior year observations. Please give corrections/modifications. I plan to update this as we approach kickoff. The defensive secondary is complete spitballing at this point.

View attachment 477250

View attachment 477251
Holiday seems more like a slot. Nimrod belongs somewhere.

I believe Turrentine is at Safety so far. Oddly one of the reports showed Walker playing CB.

Hadden could be "that guy" based on early reports. IMO your Star is either Turnage or Slaughter.

BUT... all of this has to be worked out over the next few weeks.

PS- Labruzza? Is that guy going to graduate directly into a nursing home? It seems like he's been there forever.

This is a much better situation and especially on the OL and secondary than we had this time last year.
I agree. We should see A LOT of guys play in the secondary this year. Between Hadden, Burrell, Turnage, Turrentine, McDonald, Rucker and Williams hopefully a few guys step up and play good
PS I would assume Thomas would be ahead of Labruzza already also

McCoy is coming off of a surgery so with only 5 weeks or so to play its possible
I can remember when Keyton was the "new kid in town". EVERYBODY here loved him. There was panic that he might sign with someone else.

I really don't understand why people have written him off so completely.

I agree. We should see A LOT of guys play in the secondary this year. Between Hadden, Burrell, Turnage, Turrentine, McDonald, Rucker and Williams hopefully a few guys step up and play good
PS I would assume Thomas would be ahead of Labruzza already also
Can't say on Thomas. It may take him some time to learn.

Can't say on Thomas. It may take him some time to learn.
Seen an article on Facebook today but don’t remember where or how to find it. Basically he’s a real quiet dude with a ton of confidence and he’s picking up things really good

Reactions: sjt18
I can remember when Keyton was the "new kid in town". EVERYBODY here loved him. There was panic that he might sign with someone else.

I really don't understand why people have written him off so completely.
Well probably because he has been here 4 years and hasn't done anything but I hope he has a great season

This is a much better situation and especially on the OL and secondary than we had this time last year.
Overall, OL is a better situation than last year. But, there is still a big drop off to the 2’s. I think Nichols will be a good one, but it is a lot to ask of a freshman to backup the center. Davis has the build for a tackle but needs to be quicker than he was last year to compete against our better opponents. Herring is a mystery to me in terms of position and talent - anxious to see how he develops.

Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back